Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Exactly. Pretty much proves the point teams wait far too long to cut bait with their bust quarterbacks. What you don’t need is patience. What you need are eyes and an objective evaluation despite whatever cost went into acquiring the player. Patience usually only proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that player sucks.

As crazy as it may seem, it’s not too early to call Haskins a bust. History is not on his side. His attitude makes that infinitesimal small chance even slimmer. I think they should play him and be done with it and start fresh next year. Football people probably don’t need to see more but the front office morons who drafted him despite objections from the coaching staff probably do.

His attitude?  What attitude is this you are talking about?  Have you been in a room with the guy?  Have you personally talked to those that have?  No, of course not you saw a few stray tweets about anonymous critics and on that basis declared that WH has a bad attitude and you saw him struggle as a game-day substitute his first time out and so you decided he is a bust.  I think you are ridiculous on both counts.

Let's be clear, I'm not a Haskins fanboy.   I didn't want Haskins drafted I wanted offensive linemen drafted.  I'm also as harsh a Snyder critic as there is on this board, bar none, so I'm not going to defend Haskins based on some trust in the Skins, I don't trust the judgement of the Skins.  It is highly likely they have blown this decision like so many other choices they have made but you are still ridiculously premature in this assessment because we haven't seen him yet. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

I never thought I’d become *one of the ES’s Haskins bulls. 

#Team @stevemcqueen1

Yeah it feels like an odd role reversal as I've found myself in the same boat. I was not for drafting Haskins and was critical of the pick when it happened, but now I've found myself becoming one of his more regular defenders on here once the "OMG HE'S A BUST" crowd (inevitably) came out of the woodwork when he struggled initially...which most people here who watched his film and critiqued him during the pre-draft process predicted would happen and why we preached patience after we picked him. 

source.gif

Yup. I’m not a big Haskins guy. I think my point of view caused SteveMcQueen to literally block me :ols:, and I’m still not sold he pans out.

But I’ll be damned if I’m gonna just say the kid CAN’T develop. We knew he was a project when drafted. There are some red flags but we’re not even halfway through season 1 yet. Entirely too soon to give up and label him a bust. 

But it’s equally too soon to call him a franchise QB. I think the people on both ends of the spectrum are in lala land. That’s not how this stuff works. 

48 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it feels like an odd role reversal as I've found myself in the same boat. I was not for drafting Haskins and was critical of the pick when it happened, but now I've found myself becoming one of his more regular defenders on here once the "OMG HE'S A BUST" crowd (inevitably) came out of the woodwork when he struggled initially...which most people here who watched his film and critiqued him during the pre-draft process predicted would happen and why we preached patience after we picked him. 

558D10E3-012C-4739-8003-272A5D50659D.gif

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yup. I’m not a big Haskins guy. I think my point of view caused SteveMcQueen to literally block me :ols:, and I’m still not sold he pans out.

But I’ll be damned if I’m gonna just say the kid CAN’T develop. We knew he was a project when drafted. There are some red flags but we’re not even halfway through season 1 yet. Entirely too soon to give up and label him a bust. 

But it’s equally too soon to call him a franchise QB. I think the people on both ends of the spectrum are in lala land. That’s not how this stuff works. 

F5EA6B84-4B87-45DF-A100-CF07895AE526.gif

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

His attitude?  What attitude is this you are talking about?  Have you been in a room with the guy?  Have you personally talked to those that have?  No, of course not you saw a few stray tweets about anonymous critics and on that basis declared that WH has a bad attitude and you saw him struggle as a game-day substitute his first time out and so you decided he is a bust.  I think you are ridiculous on both counts.

Let's be clear, I'm not a Haskins fanboy.   I didn't want Haskins drafted I wanted offensive linemen drafted.  I'm also as harsh a Snyder critic as there is on this board, bar none, so I'm not going to defend Haskins based on some trust in the Skins, I don't trust the judgement of the Skins.  It is highly likely they have blown this decision like so many other choices they have made but you are still ridiculously premature in this assessment because we haven't seen him yet. 

I saw a player take zero accountability for his horrendous performance and claim he can read defenses and the mere suggestion that he needs to work as an insult. He has done jack in the NFL. His successor at Ohio State is putting up bigger numbers than he did. Yet he thinks he’s perfect. It’s not a recipe for success. This is a performance based business. Other rookie quarterbacks are playing and performing. He needs to get himself ready to do that. Not pout like a baby, not looking lackadaisical and unengaged on the sideline while his team is playing. The OC quotes are concerning as well. Kevin is basically saying before the Giants game Haskins wasn’t putting in the minimum required work and not doing anything consistently. Those are all back handed compliments in his supposed praise.

The fact that he’s the 15th pick in the draft and is not able to perform the most rudimentary football to start for an 0-5 team with an interim head coach playing a historically horrible 0-4 Dolphins speaks volumes to where he’s at. He already contributed to his first coach losing his job. If the next is forced to play him, the results will undoubtedly be the same....

Now go ahead and take the next 24 to 36 months to reach the same conclusion. It’s just a matter of time until you get there...

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

77 yards passing. Yeah, Haskins has a "long ways to go." What a joke.

well...

Its entirely possible that they have no faith in him to do any better. Which is really scary.

Equally possible that they’re just trying to protect him as long as they can.

Hard to know with this franchise.

I'd figure Keenum will eventually get himself benched? 

50 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think the bye is the target. I posit that Allen’s plan was to get Trent back at the deadline for him to report and start Haskins then. Trent not reporting would really screw that plan.

This might be the plan but even if it isn't at the moment, I think Keenum's play might make it inevitable

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

well...

Its entirely possible that they have no faith in him to do any better. Which is really scary.

Equally possible that they’re just trying to protect him as long as they can.

Hard to know with this franchise.

Yeah if the coaches have no faith in Dwayne's ability to hand the ball off 30 times and throw a handful of dump off passes then that is really bad news. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure how to take this. One way is that the team is just so awful that there's zero point in putting him in there now as he'll get demolished for no good reason. The other way is that Haskins is really just looking that bad in practice and they think he's that far from being ready. 

Both are depressing, though. 

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Not sure how to take this. One way is that the team is just so awful that there's zero point in putting him in there now as he'll get demolished for no good reason. The other way is that Haskins is really just looking that bad in practice and they think he's that far from being ready. 

Both are depressing, though. 

Don't know but I know from other tweet Reid contends he is hearing this from old contacts he knows in that building. 

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

Honestly silver lining is that Jones for we pro ready as he’s supposed to be looks downright awful right now.

I think Jones is exactly who most of us thought he was. A guy who you could plug in relatively quickly because of his experience in a pro style system and NFL level QB coaching in college. But a guy who had no outstanding traits and was basically mediocre at everything. A guy who has a mediocre arm and who is turnover prone and doesn't have an especially high ceiling. I don't really see him as ever being anything more than a middling QB. He's basically Eli but not quite as good (like it or not, Eli was very clutch in some seriously big games...I don't see that trait in Jones).

The media just jumped on his nuts after he had one decent game against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. Since then he's wavered in between awful and mediocre. 

If Mike Shanahan has taken the approach our current (and former) bunch of ding dongs are taking, Griffin wouldn’t have played a down in DC.  He couldn’t identify protections, he couldn’t read defenses and he couldn’t drop back and throw.  

Yet they found a way to make him ROY.  If he hadn’t been such an enormously egotistical jackass he might have have still had a career with Mike and Kyle.  Who were fully committed to him once he was selected.  

This isn’t just my opinion, a whole bunch of people have been repeating it, but at this point if the player isn’t ready to play that’s on the coaches.  Figure out a way to get him on the damn field and do it.  

Its ok not to do it with the short week.  But it needs to happen soon after that.  

Going 1-15 with Keenum is beyond pointless.

Archived