Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He was a bit wide on a quick out to Quinn late in the 2nd quarter.

I was excited for Quinn. But he’s garbage. Every throw outside the hashes is too wide for him because he has the catch radius of a trex or alligator. It would show a tendency but he should only ever run routes inside the hashes or drags or at least he should be the absolute last option anytime he’s going outside because he doesn’t have the length. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am getting the picture that you are a big believer in Haskins and have issues with his critics?   And I got no issue with that stance.  But debating you serves me no purpose then because i am not on the other side of that position.  I am somewhere in between.  

I'm not a big believer in Haskins. I just like journalism more than biases. And not to bring race into this but its almost impossible not to. We have a sports media in DC that's almost completely one race, which is not the same race as Haskins. So a lot of the times I see statements about Haskins being made, they're the same arguments that are repeatedly used against QBs of Haskins's race. Remember the stuff about his intelligence and ability to read defenses earlier in the year? That's ALWAYS the first comment that media throws out against African American QBs. And what happens is that once somebody gets a label like that others start using it too without really investigatinv it. So you heard Haskins fight back against it. 

I'm a mathematician so I look for patterns and when I see patterns repeat themselves I try to call them. I lost soooooo much respect for Grant and Danny (and almost the entire local media) when in 2014 we signed Jackson and those Philly stories were just saying he was a thug and involved in gang activity. Grant and Danny went with it for so long, the only people who defended it were Brian Mitchell and Doc Walker, who happen to be the only Black guys with radio shows. What happened here? Not a problem other than him missing voluntary workouts, and Grant and Danny trying to make a segment of their show about him being a thug because of that. 

I want this story to write itself. I'm a postive person and a positive fan. But when I come in here and I see false narratives or stories that leave out important facts (not saying you're the one posting them), then I try to call them out. 

Just now, Hooper said:

The selfie-thing... whatever. He's a kid. He'll learn from it. His accuracy was all over the place, but he's growing on me. He's way more mobile than I thought and he is ultra competitive. Right now he looks a whole lot like Josh Allen or even Wentz at times in their rookie year. Big dudes who are raw and occasionally flash. I am hoping once he calms down some, the accuracy issues will improve.

Good analogies, I think he's different than both guys but there are aspects of both that remind me of him.  I agree his mobility and pocket presence is better than I expected.   His accuracy is worse.  I don't mind his personality -- I am ok with some athletic arrogance.  

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Honestly (and I hate to say this) I think its got something to do with 1067 and their coverage of the Skins. I think they like going for those things, particularly with QBs. But maybe it is him. I would like to go back and see how Haskins responded to Keim (who is more of a supporter, but still doesn't talk volumes of positive) vs Hoffman. 

I think criticism is fine as long as it’s fair. But with some of the media, they haven’t afforded DH that luxury. It’s usually some sort of passive aggressive shot or just something backhanded. I honestly wouldnt go to bat for haskins like this if he was treated a bit better by some of those who are on the team beat. 

*Keim is GREAT...

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Good analogies, I think he's different than both guys but there are aspects of both that remind me of him.  I agree his mobility and pocket presence is better than I expected.   His accuracy is worse.  I don't mind his personality -- I am ok with some athletic arrogance.  

I'll take the arrogant athlete over the super fake guy (Wentz). There's a reason the Eagles players preferred Foles.

The dude was happy to win his first game. It’s possibly the first win in Landover in a year. The game was over. Let it go! 

There were reporters saying “ in all my years iver never seen a qb arrive to a game so late!” “ Why are you flexing?” What the **** is that ****? The media here treats every Redskins player as if they are the damn antichrist until they are gone, and then want to say “ see I knew you couldn’t develop him.” Meanwhile, show me more than 2 negative articles about the wizards who’ve been trash my entire life. Where’s the negative articles about kuzy and his cocaine? Or Suzuki... 

It was a goof. Whatever. Anyone else on any other team and people would have laughed. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim is actually a reason why I believe there could be something to the reports.  Keim and Finlay in particular loved Haskins before the draft.  Both of them on different podcasts have indicated that they've heard concerns about Haskins development and maturity.  Keim just isn't heavy handed about making the point but he's made it multiple times. 

My thought though is even if its true, he could be a work in progress, he's a rookie. 

Yeah but my problem with Keim is he's too binary. We say play Haskins and he says that He's not ready. Fans say so what. It was the same thing with Norman. Everybody was saying bench him and Keim and JP were both saying that there's nobody behind Norman. But lo and behold, Norman gets benched and Moreau has the game of his career. I tried to say Sprinkle looked good against the Jets and could develop into a decent #2 TE in these last 6 weeks and Keim bluntly said "no" and "he's not a receiving TE". 

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Don't look now but it's usually a bad throw to whoever he's trying to throw to.

I'm not going that route, not go bash Haskins at all..I'm a firm believer in him to be QB'n for years with this franchise

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Truth is Moreau was not really good so far until yesterday. Was it him improving or the lions WR not being good?

Think he was good, Lions has been putting up points and yards against teams..don't take the game away from Fab

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Dude def comes off like a douche lol. And I dont get it either cause he was supposed to be such a nice kid. Until you realize he grew up in MD and acts like hes from PG. Then it all makes sense. Maybe thats why I like him lol.  

But I really dont care if he can get his **** together on the field. I really dont. Hes making an ass of himself daily and doesn't seem to give a ****. I dont know how to feel about that. I would like it if he could, ya know, throw touchdowns and junk. 

....he didn’t grow up here. He played for Bullis for a bit. He’s from NJ

he damn sure ain’t from PG. He has some “bamma” in him and PG folks don’t have that lol. 

23 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Honestly (and I hate to say this) I think its got something to do with 1067 and their coverage of the Skins. I think they like going for those things, particularly with QBs. But maybe it is him. I would like to go back and see how Haskins responded to Keim (who is more of a supporter, but still doesn't talk volumes of positive) vs Hoffman. 

I watched the presser and it was odd, it's ok to have a chip on your shoulder but if you don't give the media the basic respect when they have a job to do then expect to catch some shade.

Nobody cares if Dwayne's feelings are hurt because of social media, stop looking at it if it bothers you but step up to the podium and answer the questions after the game, no need for the attitude.

What worries me is that non typical media types are eluding to things they hear as being negative.  The 2 guys that do the pod with JP Finlay, as well as JP, wouldn't say specifics because they are on the player's side 99% of the time and they rarely if ever throw a player under the bus but they were making it sound as if there were several examples of Haskins immaturity and its stuff that you consistently hear about if your around Redskins park.

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Kid is 22. He'll grow up like everyone else. 

I'm just surprised he found an actual fan to take a picture with.

I saw a clip where there were like 12 people in the stadium as Haskins was leaving the field--there were probably more people in the media entourage than fans in the stands lol...

Still, Haskins is trying to pump them up, get them excited--for a 2-9 team that just barely beat a 3-6-1 team or whatever the Lions' record was. I suspected there would be quite a few who would say something like "Stop acting like you won something today, you're an embarrassing 2-9 team and you didn't play well, if Stafford had played..." etc, etc....for me, though, what I saw was a young player who was appreciating those few fans who still want to support the team without fail. it was as if he was saying "If you're gonna be here for us, then I'm gonna be here for you. This should be fun for both of us." Considering we've had players decide to criticize and insult fans instead of appreciating them, I thought DH wanting to pump up the fans--no matter how few--was noteworthy.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Whats frustrating about this is nobody's (on radio) bringing it up as a possible connection to his confusion. So its like we're going to blame him and say he's just a kid, but not blame the refs ofr saying it was 0:00 on the clock. WE HAVE VIDEO EVIDENCE. 

Was Haskins watching on TV?  Apparently the rest of the team wasn't because they weren't on the field (or by the stands) celebrating.  Literally everyone else knew the game wasn't over.  Maybe it was just TV that was wrong?

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Bruh lol. Have you EVER meet a young, humble brotha from PG that came from money? Cause I havent. I used to clown these types of kids through high school for sport. Yall think I can get indignant here? I went to school when shooting each other wasnt a thing and I made alot of friends (so I had numbers). I had the smartest mouth. And all I wanted to do with it was talk **** to dudes like Haskins. I was really the worst kind of person. Still am but there are rules here

Of course I dont know Haskins, but I know dudes that (I think) are like them and even to this day I hold so so so much animosity toward that character type/trait lol

Ignore my previous post lol. I’m sorry you hate PG so much

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Was Haskins watching on TV?  Apparently the rest of the team wasn't because they weren't on the field (or by the stands) celebrating.  Literally everyone else knew the game wasn't over.  Maybe it was just TV that was wrong?

or maybe there was a scoreboard clock that the TV gets this from that was also saying 0:00. I don't know. I wasn't there. But there is a reasonable thing going on for him to have thought the game was over. I said in the Game Thread that it was the longest 20 seconds in football history. 

33 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm not a big believer in Haskins. I just like journalism more than biases. And not to bring race into this but its almost impossible not to. We have a sports media in DC that's almost completely one race, which is not the same race as Haskins. So a lot of the times I see statements about Haskins being made, they're the same arguments that are repeatedly used against QBs of Haskins's race. Remember the stuff about his intelligence and ability to read defenses earlier in the year? That's ALWAYS the first comment that media throws out against African American QBs. And what happens is that once somebody gets a label like that others start using it too without really investigatinv it. So you heard Haskins fight back against it. 

I'm a mathematician so I look for patterns and when I see patterns repeat themselves I try to call them. I lost soooooo much respect for Grant and Danny (and almost the entire local media) when in 2014 we signed Jackson and those Philly stories were just saying he was a thug and involved in gang activity. Grant and Danny went with it for so long, the only people who defended it were Brian Mitchell and Doc Walker, who happen to be the only Black guys with radio shows. What happened here? Not a problem other than him missing voluntary workouts, and Grant and Danny trying to make a segment of their show about him being a thug because of that. 

I want this story to write itself. I'm a postive person and a positive fan. But when I come in here and I see false narratives or stories that leave out important facts (not saying you're the one posting them), then I try to call them out. 

In another life, I taught stats and was 3 credits short of a double major where the other major would have been psychology but I ended up getting the degree in history.  

The one thing cool about sports though it helps improve race relations in part because you bond over a common goal.  There are studies on that.  In Liverpool for example which has a famous Muslim player, they have one of the most liberal minded cities now on religion which some have imputed to that reason. 

Bringing this to your point for the local media's narrative to have some racially driven point, then the problem are people who actually work for the Washington Redskins.  I don't think Keim for example has racial biases driving his reporting, he's just saying what he's being told by multiple people working in that building.  And I don't believe Keim is the type to make things up or embellish for kicks.  So if there are some racial stuff in the mix then we got that cooking at Redskins Park both among the FO and the coaching staff.  

Guys like Paulsen you mention was so giddy about the RG3 trade he went on the air and did an all nighter to talk about it.  Hoffman worships Terry McLaurin and has since camp like he's a football god.  I don't think race is guiding their thoughts one way or another.   Maybe I am naive but listening to these guys, I don't think they have issues on race.  I think it's tough to do that in sports with the wide mix of race that exists which is part of what makes sports cool.    I know I personally don't even think about race at all unless someone brings it up.   I am not saying its not an issue in this crazy world -- since it certainly sadly is still a big problem.  But I think in sports its a heck of a lot better than in other arenas.

sorry but you're stretching to cover for him.  It'd be a better look to say "he was excited, got carried away and wasn't paying attention".  However the coaches knew, the other players knew, the backup qb knew, the other team knew.  I don't disagree that it was a long, confusing 20 seconds with penalties and TO's etc, but as a PRO you have to have your head in it until it's over.  

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

What worries me is that non typical media types are eluding to things they hear as being negative.  The 2 guys that do the pod with JP Finlay, as well as JP, wouldn't say specifics because they are on the player's side 99% of the time and they rarely if ever throw a player under the bus but they were making it sound as if there were several examples of Haskins immaturity and its stuff that you consistently hear about if your around Redskins park.

Which...is even more odd considering that most of the beat guys have gone out of their way to say how he was a good, coachable kid.

16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I can't believe there are people like this that exist.  Was he in a coma for 2013-2016?

Its become fashionable for white people to jump into these reactionary race-related topics with their outrage.

To me, it never comes off as genuine, just very fake.

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Which...is even more odd considering that most of the beat guys have gone out of their way to say how he was a good, coachable kid.

I agree, that's all I heard prior to the season starting but somehow that's changed over the course of the regular season.

Archived