Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

UK_HOG

1 minute ago, UK_HOG said:

Anyone got any faith that things are going to get any better?  

Good God this list is depressing....Didn't realize Shanahan's record was that bad here and that even the great Joe Gibbs was under .500. God bless Marty Schottenheimer. 

13 minutes ago, drowland said:

If Tomsula quits they don't have to pay him.  And I could give a crap if Tomsula leaves.  He's nothing special nor is he irreplaceable.  Rob Ryan can take over coaching the DL for the rest of the season and Ray Horton can call the defense.  Whatever it takes to get Manusky out of here.  

You are really missing my point. You are thinking's of it from your position and what you want. And I agree. I could care less if they all leave quite frankly. There is nothing special that I can see from the assistant coaches.

What I am saying is what they will likely do. They are very unlikely to make additional wholesale changes in the staff. There is really no upside. This is also mostly since you don't want to hire a short term replacement then change again at the end of the season. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be all for them gutting the entire thing right now. Just walk in and tell them all to get out. But that's just not realistic They still need to play games. I fully expect them all to be gone at the end of the season. But I just do not expect to see many other changes except maybe some very low level positions. 

Just now, Panninho said:

No self-respecting human being will ever want work for this organization. If true, what a buch of low-life individuals.

Even more, if they wanted to fire him they needed no dirt. All they had to do was point to the product on the field. Jay's last three years (2017, 18, & 19) and they had all the rationale necessary.

If that was a Redskins' leak, someone's head should roll for it. Classless and harms the team more than it does Jay.

Just now, ClaytoAli said:

he  might have leaked the video as a f u on his way out.

Stop. 

it was leaked a week after he left. As soon as it was leaked & the FO had no comment you should have been able to connect the dots. 

4 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

he  might have leaked the video as a f u on his way out.

I doubt it. Having briefly met him, he seemed like a pretty nice guy who was paid to try to spin things and did his best to make it happen. 

You getting this @Califan007?  LOL  Would like to see her proof but she has been right more than she has been wrong. 

21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

A couple of things Russini just said on Sheehan and she seemed to be pretty confident.

1. Did the team leak the video?  Yes, they've had it for years.

2. She asked offensive players off the record how long before Haskins is ready and they said 1-2 years.

3. Will Trent be traded.  Yes, he will be traded soon.

I'm sure Shanahan had to sign an NDA, too, but he was still able to disclose some stuff that suggested his authority was undermined on multiple occasions, including the acquisition of McMabb and drafting of RG3.

Bruce can say some stuff if he's careful with it. Maybe have his brother help.

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Good God this list is depressing....Didn't realize Shanahan's record was that bad here and that even the great Joe Gibbs was under .500. God bless Marty Schottenheimer. 

Shanahan's tenure was truly awful, but it was awful in this weird, professional-looking way. He was like one of those high school coaches who was really concerned with how the team did it's pre-game warmups.

Adios, Jay. I felt bad about your deterioration the last two years and think you could have developed into a pretty decent head coach in a competent supportive environment. But you also engineered your own suck pretty often, especially the last two years.

But this is suckland and this org often drags people down until they get away. I still wish you good fortune landing somewhere else and count your blessings. You have an opportunity to start over and we are stuck here as fans with dan and bruce.

19 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Kevin on 980 just referred to a report by Russini that the FO have been sitting on the Gruden drunk video for 3 years and just released this week before this firing.  Is there a more sleezy group of individuals?

It's like they don't realize they are going to have to hire another head coach to replace gruden.  Can this job become anymore unattractive?  I know there are only 32 positions, and some believe you have to jump at any opportunity in the NFL, but if you are a young guy with options, why would you come here?  It's one thing to be an inept organization, but to personally attack and embarrass the individual, as part of a deliberately constructed plan to save you a couple bucks, is going to deter any coach worth anything to work for the Redskins.  

We as a fanbase should show our support for gruden.  #grudensnottheproblem.  Send the message that this move did absolutely nothing to appease the fanbase.  And since it seems to be all about the new stadium, all I can say is "good luck with your new stadium Dan and bruce, I don't plan on ever stepping foot in it as long as Bruce is employed here."

PS - I wonder what video Dan is sitting on of Bruce, just in case.  Does he secretly record Bruce getting sloshed in the owners box?

Double PS - there is 0% chance Bruce fields a single question today, unless the question has been pre approved.

14 minutes ago, Panninho said:

No self-respecting human being will ever want work for this organization. If true, what a buch of low-life individuals.

Im starting to wonder how a self respecting person can be a fan of this team while Dan owns it.  

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

He won't refuse to play Haskins and that is the point. 

1) Are you sure? I mean I think Haskins plays, but only because that's what Allen is going to tell Callahan HAS to happen.

2) Gruden played Haskins, what are you talking about? Please don't start with me about him not playing against New England. Please.

3) Haskins is incredibly raw. Not "needs game experience" raw, but "needs to work on fundamentals" raw.

4) Why are people so in love with Haskins? Because they want to be right? I was lukewarm on Haskins. I didn't mind the draft pick. I thought he'd be able to pick up on the NFL game rather quickly. So far I was wrong to even be lukewarm. Kid isn't done yet, for sure, but I don't get it. He needs to play, but only to get film on him for a new HC/GM (I keep laughing out loud every time I say new GM in any thread) to get a good read on quarterback moving forward.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You are really missing my point. You are thinking's of it from your position and what you want. And I agree. I could care less if they all leave quite frankly. There is nothing special that I can see from the assistant coaches.

What I am saying is what they will likely do. They are very unlikely to make additional wholesale changes in the staff. There is really no upside. This is also mostly since you don't want to hire a short term replacement then change again at the end of the season. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be all for them gutting the entire thing right now. Just walk in and tell them all to get out. But that's just not realistic They still need to play games. I fully expect them all to be gone at the end of the season. But I just do not expect to see many other changes except maybe some very low level positions. 

I think you're missing mine...I don't think they can properly evaluate their defensive personnel with Manusky calling the D.  That's what they should be focusing on the rest of the season, the players.  That's why he should go.  And if Tomsula is collateral damage so be it.   

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Adios, Jay. I felt bad about your deterioration the last two years and think you could have developed into a pretty decent head coach in a competent supportive environment. But you also engineered your own suck pretty often, especially the last two years.

But this is suckland and this org often drags people down until they get away. I still wish you good fortune landing somewhere else and count your blessings. You have an opportunity to start over and we are stuck here as fans with dan and bruce.

This cannot be overstated. It seems everyone, from FO to coaches to players play down to their lowest capability. And we of course know that all starts with danny boy. 

Jay is probably one of the happiest people in the world today. Certainly an abusive relationship. I bet a huge burden has been lifted. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

1) Are you sure? I mean I think Haskins plays, but only because that's what Allen is going to tell Callahan HAS to happen.

2) Gruden played Haskins, what are you talking about? Please don't start with me about him not playing against New England. Please.

3) Haskins is incredibly raw. Not "needs game experience" raw, but "needs to work on fundamentals" raw.

4) Why are people so in love with Haskins? Because they want to be right? I was lukewarm on Haskins. I didn't mind the draft pick. I thought he'd be able to pick up on the NFL game rather quickly. So far I was wrong to even be lukewarm. Kid isn't done yet, for sure, but I don't get it. He needs to play, but only to get film on him for a new HC/GM (I keep laughing out loud every time I say new GM in any thread) to get a good read on quarterback moving forward.

1. Yep positive he'll play now. Other Redskins QBs aren't winning games.

2. He played Haskins when down by double digits and no work with starters before the week.

3. Raw and can't learn without playing. He needs to play period. 

4. Has nothing to do with being in love with Haskins. Did you ever think people want to find out if Haskins can succeed in this league, because we'll have a top 5 pick again next year? 

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Im starting to wonder how a self respecting person can be a fan of this team while Dan owns it.  

What does that say about me? A mid-twenty guy from Europe with no connection to DC at all. I should probably go see a therapist about that.

Archived