Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You are more than welcome to continue with what I see as wishful thinking but I will not be celebrating anything until i hear that low life POS Bruce Allen has been fired. Jay is a patsy here. Never had a real chance with bruce in charge. 

i wish Jay well. He lasted this long at the cesspool known as tee Dan Snyder Washington Redskins. Hope dan and bruce both rot in hell. They have ruined football for literally millions of people. Simply wasting good air. 

Funny thing is I'm sure when Bruce and Dan get together they convince each other that if they can just find a way to win all will be forgotten and people will like and respect them.

• Like 3
Just now, drowland said:

Any word on Manusky?  He has to go too.  

He will probably be named  head coach....

The only person I trust internally to take over is OCKOC - Callahan Cava Tomsula... those are not new voices. 

8 minutes ago, Stugein said:

Callahan is interim. 

Has this been verified? Not a big surprise. 

2 minutes ago, drowland said:

Any word on Manusky?  He has to go too.  

Unlikely they let any assistants go mid season with the HC gone. Rest will be kept to ride out the season then all be fired at the end - or they should. Then let new HC pick his staff. But of course this is the Redskins. So they are likely to have picked the OC and DC for whatever HC they hire. 

Edited by goskins10

Jay is simply collateral damage in our long war with Bruce Allen....

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

I hope Jay goes on some sports show and rips Brucie a new asshole.

Jay, you have the opportunity to go out a winner. Do the right thing; blast Bruce Allen as the main problem, and the Redskin fans will forgive you.

Would LOVE for him to go scorched earth now. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

You are more than welcome to continue with what I see as wishful thinking but I will not be celebrating anything until i here that low life POS Bruce Allen has been fired. Jay is a patsy here. Never had a real chance with bruce in charge. 

i wish Jay well. He lasted this long at the cesspool known as tee Dan Snyder Washington Redskins. Hope dan and bruce both rot in hell. They have ruined football for literally millions of people. Simply wasting good air. 

Ok fair enough ! But WHEN Bruce Allen is fired, drinks on you sir. But I 100% agree with second paragraph . Jay was just a pawn in Bruce and Dan’s bullcrap game of chess with this team, organization, fan base, and overall nation. Nothing truly gets done until Bruce is gone. That we both can agree on.

8 minutes ago, Stugein said:

Callahan is interim. 

I was hoping it was KOC.  why not?  We've got nothing to lose.  Let him call the plays, see what he's got.  If people think he is head coach material, now is the time to find out.  And if some rookie mistakes cost us some games, great, a higher draft pick.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Hogs 1991 said:

It also looked like Vinny was safe when him and Danny was “scouting” QBs together at the end of the 2009 season, and look how that turned out. Things aren’t always what they seem.

It took a full on fan revolt to get him out of here.  That got us Bruce.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

He will probably be named  head coach....

The only person I trust internally to take over is OCKOC - Callahan Cava Tomsula... those are not new voices. 

I do not want anyone in house. Clean the entire thing out. Start completely over. 

However, it's more likely they name Doug W GM with Bruce remaining as President. He keeps most of the assistants except Manusky and maybe Tomsula if he goes with him. It is the Redskins after all. 

1 minute ago, Hogs 1991 said:

Ok fair enough ! But WHEN Bruce Allen is fired, drinks on you sir. But I 100% agree with second paragraph . Jay was just a pawn in Bruce and Dan’s bullcrap game of chess with this team, organization, fan base, and overall nation. Nothing truly gets done until Bruce is gone. That we both can agree on.

If they fire Bruce at the end of this year - and I mean completely out of the organization, not just "stepping back", you come to Atl or I get to DC (if that's where you are) and I will buy you a steak dinner or whatever your favorite food is! Book it!   I will be over the moon happy! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Unlikely they let any assistants go mid season with the HC gone. Rest will be kept to ride out the season then all be fired at the end - or they should. Then let new HC pick his staff. But of course this is the Redskins. So they are likely to have picked the OC and DC for whatever HC they hire. 

The defense has underachieved and they have two other experienced DCs on staff.  They need to evaluate what they have on defense and they can't do it with Manusky and his blah scheme.  

I think Jay could have saved his job if he had fired Manusky a couple weeks ago.   

IVe seen what gruden can do with some decent receivers and a qb with no talent at rb and a historically bad defense 9-7ish...i guarantee you guys most coaches would have gone 4-12

not defending him he had to go but what he was given to work with was a complete joke of an offensive roster this season i know some are high on mcclaurin but paul rich is overpaid hype try quinn prob wouldnt start on other teams and our oline/tight ends.....i woulda been more satisfied if allen and gruden was shown the door but Just gruden makes it seem like he will be the scapegoat.

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I do not want anyone in house. Clean the entire thing out. Start completely over. 

However, it's more likely they name Doug W GM with Bruce remaining as President. He keeps most of the assistants except Manusky and maybe Tomsula if he goes with him. It is the Redskins after all. 

I suspect Bruce still thinks we are competing this year, and him bringing in someone from the outside will wave the white flag on the season. At least, i think an external hire usually leads to losses more often than wins, what with foreign plays terminology etc.

Jay's fate was sealed when the drafted Haskins. Jay needed a day 1 starter with that pick to realistically have any chance. Guice with Pringle knees, Trent holding and Jordan concussed were the 3 final blows.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, drowland said:

The defense has underachieved and they have two other experienced DCs on staff.  They need to evaluate what they have on defense and they can't do it with Manusky and his blah scheme.  

I think Jay could have saved his job if he had fired Manusky a couple weeks ago.   

I do not disagree. Manusky is ****. I said he needed to be fired after game one. But that is not how it typically works. They will keep the current assistants until the end of the season so they do not bring in what will likely be short time coaches. Also, it's my understanding that if they let Manusky go Tomsula will leave with him. Not to mention they still have to pay them. Why pay two salaries at multiple positions. 

No need to uproot all the assistants right now. That's not what this move was about. It was making it clear they are moving on. These guys all know they are done at he end of the season. 

• Like 1

Calllahan, the guy that changed his playbook on the eve of his super bowl visit? Boo. Leading to his best players calling him out on conceding to his buddy Jon Gruden, and was also suspected as a big FU to Oakland.   The guy that cannot run the ball, nor get his OL to stop committing penalties, gets a promotion.  I wish he would decline the job. Maybe he hates it here and tanks for us.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If they fire Bruce at the end of this year - and I mean completely out of the organization, not just "stepping back", you come to Atl or I get to DC (if that's where you are) and I will buy you a steak dinner or whatever your favorite food is! Book it!   I will be over the moon happy! 

You’ve got yourself a deal buddy. I’m going to hold you to that.

Just now, Hogs 1991 said:

You’ve got yourself a deal buddy. I’m going to hold you to that.

Let's put another side to that - if they do not fire him out of the organization altogether you have to come in here and admit I was right? 🙂  Fair enough? 

• Like 1