Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden announces Colt McCoy starting vs NE

CapsSkins

16 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

At least Colt beat the enemy once... More then good ol Capn Kirk Grossman could ever do!

So he has that goin for him lol

Hmm..what's Peyton Hillis up to these days?  Maybe bring him in and see if he and Colt beat the Patriots again.  

23 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

At least Colt beat the enemy once... More then good ol Capn Kirk Grossman could ever do!

Grossman swept the Giants in their Super Bowl year. Despite his failings at pretty much everything else, I'll always respect him for that.

31 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Didnt Kirk beat Dallas to clinch the division?  Or was it clinched the week before?  All I know is he beat them in the finale once.  lol

8 minutes ago, moondog said:

We takin bets on how many quarters he plays before getting hurt? My money is on 3. 

You're optimist.

Williams is on a holdout.

Scherff is out.

Rouillier will play but is still nursing injury.

So you believe Flowers/Penn/Moses/Bergstrom will be adequate to protect him?

Considering the pseudo drama surrounding his leg this summer, the setbacks and everything that goes with it. I wouldn't be surprised that he's pushing it. And with this OL and lack of Running Game. He'd be lucky to reach half-time without injury.

At this pace, we'll have Trey Quinn as our QB by week 10.

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*Goes to check if our 74 points against the Giants is still the NFL record. 

This one could be HISTORICALLY bad! 

Hail. 

Kinda like Dan T. bad???

58 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Welp, at least the good news is I won't have to see Grudens stupid face anymore after Sunday

With his dip**** defenders from on high, I wouldn't put money on that bud. 

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Kinda like Dan T. bad???

Nods slowly. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

`

Bad luck seems to follow him.  The poor dude has to start against the Pats with no weapons.  I am not a Colt guy as to the player but he's a good dude.  I said it at the time, from the 5 practices I watched at camp, Colt was clearly the best of the three on those days. 

You mean the same weapons Haskins and Case had last week? 

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Gruden's goin' out with his buddy. Good for him. I pretty much guarantee he's fired after Sunday. 

I think it’s pathetic.  I don’t think it’s funny.  I don’t understand Gruden’s logic.  His strategy (or at least that’s what I believe it is) of letting impact players status hang in the balance until game time NEVER works.  He has squandered the time and talent of the impact players that we do have, with his subpar coaching.  I couldn’t be happy with myself if I was him.

Not a fan of how Jay is playing this one out.

If Colt is destroyed, it will only highlight Jay's ineptitude and poor judgment in starting him, shifting the spotlight and attention away from the dysfunction of the front office and towards the absurdity of our head coach. Keeping Case as starter, whom the organization traded for just months ago, would have sent a clearer message.

Welp, that's that. 

I know it's due to injury, but honestly in just 4 games with Case Keenum I can see exactly why he did so well in Minnesota and also why they were so willing to move on from him. Kind of sad, but I'm happy it didn't take us multiple seasons to figure out he's not a long term solution. 

I'd add, I like having him as a backup. I feel he's charismatic and ultimately gives us a chance. 

13 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If Colt is destroyed, it will only highlight Jay's ineptitude and poor judgment in starting him, shifting the spotlight and attention away from the dysfunction of the front office and towards the absurdity of our head coach. Keeping Case as starter, whom the organization traded for just months ago, would have sent a clearer message.

Nothing will shift the dysfunction of the this front office. Everyone outside of the Redskins building knows Bruce and most of all Snyder are the problem. Jay isn't a good coach in my opinion, but this could've all been avoided this year. If Snyder dumped Bruce and the coaching staff in the off season and got a group of people in here ready to build behind a rookie QB. 

2 hours ago, Redd said:

Might as well go out on his terms.  Jay always loved him some Colt McCoy.

He'll never get another chance elsewhere

21 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I'm not sold Colt is fully healed and do believe Case isnt.  Two of our 3 QBs are already banged up and the first round pick wasnt prepared for even if that happened.

I will be sad if Colt gets crushed then Case is sent out their gimpy and gets crushed, too.  Then were down to one QB who "isnt ready".  Sure that forces him to play Haskins, but you right this not the way anyone wanted it to play out.

7 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Jay doesn't have a contract after this year, which for any NFL coach suggests the ownership has already moved on, but with the way guaranteed coaching contracts go they are too cheap to pay for you and your replacement in the same season. 

My thoughts - he just doesn't care. If he gets fired, then he'll get paid the same without having to work. That onto itself might be part of the American dream. 

Who's to blame? - He's never been put in a position to succeed. He's never been able to select the players in free agency or the draft. He's had little to no input in player contracts and how important they are to the team. He would be very offside to every suggest something with the organization is not operating well. Could Jay do better with what he has? Sure. 

Let's add some perspective. Since Snyder bought the team here's what his coaches have done: 

Jay Gruden - 35 wins, 48 losses, 1 tie = winning 42%

Shanahan - 24 wins, 40 losses = winning 38%

Zorn = 12 wins, 20 losses = winning 38%

Gibbs = 30 wins, 34 losses = winning 47%

Spurrier = 12 wins, 20 losses = winning 38%

Schottenheimer = 8 wins, 8 losses = winning 50%

Turner/Robiskie = 18 wins, 14 losses = winning 56%

So let's put that data into perspective. The coach with the most wins under the Dan Snyder era is Jay Gruden with 35. The highest winning percentages go to Turner/Robiskie (56%), Schottenheimer (50%) then Gibbs (47%). 

I know we trash Turner regularly and think Jay is useless, but those two have been the best of the coaches we've had under this ownership. 

Anyway, I agree that Jay has to go, but his reasons for failing are largely structural and not about the individual. I actually expect Jay to get on somewhere else and prosper. 

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Can’t fire a coach after a win can ya? 

Jerry Jones in 1993, after Jimmy Johnsons last game was his second consecutive Super Bowl victory.  

I dont know the meaning of the word "can't ", I do what I want.  Hold my scotch!

Archived