Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden announces Colt McCoy starting vs NE

CapsSkins

I thought that this was expected if McCoy was healthy and Keenum wasn't.

I don't think it really matters who starts at QB, because unless the defense can get their **** together then the Pats are going to be too far out of sight early on anyway.

I just hope that he's fully healed and doesn't have any setbacks. Go Colt.

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Pure speculation, but I think Jay and Dan have a good relationship. 

Probably, but I think it distanced a little after reading the QB choice from the draft.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Didnt Kirk beat Dallas to clinch the division?  Or was it clinched the week before?  All I know is he beat them in the finale once.  lol

The QB for Dallas in that game is now holding their clipboard as an OC.

In Gruden's interview, he's already setting the stage for an excuse riddled post game interview after Colt stinks the joint up (although it would nice for change if he doesn't). Talking about how Colt hasn't faced a live rush and pretty much sat behind the old #8, Alex and what not. In other words, he hasn't played any live games. Sitting here watching the last full game Colt played (against the cowgirls). Sheesh!!! For those that have played organized football, I'm sure some of you have experienced the coaches pet. That guy that no matter how much they suck, the coach keeps giving them a chance to shine. I hope Colt is not that guy. Pretty much every interception (including the one that was dropped) were horrid reads and throws you wouldn't expect from a guy that's been in a system for 5 years (at the time). He hasn't really had snaps since then (and didn't play much in the next game after that). So I don't expect much this week since there's been no indication otherwise.

5 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Or maybe it's a way for Gruden to expedite the firing, collect the rest of his money, and be out of this **** show. 

I think the best way for him to get fired is to throw Haskins out there, watch him fail and brag to the media about how right he was. That plus all the talk about how he wasn’t wanted by Gruden thus making Snyder look like the bad good would be the fastest way to get the boot. 

I am hoping he lofts some ducks deep. The duck seems in his wheelhouse and its long overdue that Richardson scores on a deep ball. I cannot recall him even getting deep in his time here, yet thought that was all he was good for, stretching the field.  It seems like we are using him like a possession receiver, and sending TMC and Mr.iTQ deep instead. 

5 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Not surprising. Everyone knows that Grudes is on the chopping block as early as Monday so Colt really does give him his best chance to win. Can’t fire a coach after a win can ya? Haskins isn’t ready and doesn’t give the team much of an opportunity at the moment.

Too bad you guys can't fire your owner... That would solve many of your problems. 

So, several different thoughts:

Gruden gets what he wants. He always wanted Colt to start and seemed to pout when injury forced him to start Case and then he threw up his hands and turned over play calling duties, refusing to even call a game if Haskins was the starter.

Happy for Colt. Annoyed at Jay. Not because he's starting Colt, but because he's so determined to play placeholders who will not be the Redskins' future. Both Case and Colt are one year rentals. Jay is the only NFL head coach I've ever known of who refuses to build around or give a number one draft pick QB any snaps or try to build him up. He doesn't try to create a game plan to fit his skills or provide him some early success opportunities. I imagine Jay sees himself in Colt and that is why he is all in. There really isn't any excuse for neglecting Dwayne the way he has.

Lastly, I will be curious to see if Jay actually does any game planning this week. I suspect with Colt out there he will give it his all. Jay will want to prove that he was right all along. If we finally see some originality and creativity then it may not be a function of Colt and his familiarity with the system, but Jay actually doing his job for the first time this year.

6 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Gruden's last FU to Snyder

I'm still hoping for the swinging gate.

I don't think Jay gets fired after this game.  Everyone knows (or should know) this is a loss no matter what.  Now, if we lose to the Dolphins, he'll be gone before the players are off the field.

10 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

I'm still hoping for the swinging gate.

I don't think Jay gets fired after this game.  Everyone knows (or should know) this is a loss no matter what.  Now, if we lose to the Dolphins, he'll be gone before the players are off the field.

Or alternatively, if you know you wanna get rid of him, might as well do it after New England so your interim HC's first game is against the putrid Dolphins.

3 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Don't worry, we will see Haskins once Colt gets hurt. He'll get another opportunity to come in to a slaughter, unprepared.

Haskins warming up to enter game in the 2nd quarter this Sunday vs. Haskins at his post game interview

1170832952.jpg.0.jpg

alberto-chala-sepulveda-old-black-man-baja.jpg

I don't think Gruden had much choice but to play Colt. Keenum is turning into a disaster plus he was injured. Haskins didn't exactly light up the field last week either and Gruden doesn't like him anyway.

Anybody got Babe Laufenberg's number? He's probably old enough for medicare by now but hey, what the heck. Snyder always likes to swing for the fence. Bring him in and suit him up. What do we have to lose? 🙃

Archived