Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years?

Idaho fan

1 minute ago, mike42 said:

I dunno man. I think the 94 team is one of the best of our cellar dweller seasons. Most of the games lost in 94 was by a touchdown or less. They remember they weren't good enough to win, but they didn't make it easy for most opponents.

I'd say it's a tie between our 2013 season and this season so far.

You may be right, in which case you'd probably have to go back to the 1950s to find a Redskins team as bad as what they've showed so far this year. I don't recall any of the Snyder years being this extreme in terms of non-competitiveness.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

Well I don't like condemning teams of the past because they aren't teams of the further past

You don’t have to condemn them but holding them up as signal of success is celebrating mediocrity. 

I don’t celebrate it in my professional life and I won’t celebrate in my personal life, especially in something I watch for entertainment. 

This team had consistently expected people to cheer below average teams. It’s a disservice to the fan base and shows a complete lack of self awareness by ownership.

I’m 37 and a former season ticket holder. I’m my opinion its time for this team to become self aware of where they are in the hierarchy of the NFL. Hint It’s not in the top 2/3. 

1 hour ago, newday said:

#1 draft pick in 2020. Trade down to get LT, C, RG, LG, RT, WR, TE, DT, DE, NT, CB, ILB, Coach, Owner, GM, Medical Staff, Marketing Dept, 

I think you are over looking a few positions.  And while we are at it its time to give Larry Michaels his walking papers too.

17 minutes ago, carex said:

Well I don't like condemning teams of the past because they aren't teams of the further past

Could you just give us a comprehensive list of the topics you do feel comfortable discussing so we can adhere to that? It seems like the majority of your posts here have become about trying to direct people to discuss certain areas of the team in certain acceptable ways, so I'm just trying to help you out.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You all know we haven’t discovered the bottom yet. 

If this isn't it Id really like to hear what that demented nightmare is.  I for the life of me can't think of what would be worse.  Consecutive 0-16 seasons I guess?   Daniel Snyder Jr. being groomed to take over in 20 years maybe?

7 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

If this isn't it Id really like to hear what that demented nightmare is.  I for the life of me can't think of what would be worse.  Consecutive 0-16 seasons I guess?  

The product on the field is nearing rock bottom, but there’s so much more left that can go wrong with team - the drama, coaches getting called out, fights, mishandling of staff/personnel by upper management and so on.  Basically, all of the drama we’ve seen in past years packed into the coming weeks due to a potentially winless season.  

So far this has been the worst team I've seen since the 1998 team.  I expected to see a poor season but the talent on the team is better than the level it's playing at and what worries me now is that I'm starting to see a lack of effort in certain instances.

There has to be something bigger going on internally between the players, coaches, and the FO.

A group of professional players and coaches cannot be so consistently embarrassing week after week unless they are truly at odds with the current situation and they have flat out quit.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So far this has been the worst team I've seen since the 1998 team.  I expected to see a poor season but the talent on the team is better than the level it's playing at and what worries me now is that I'm starting to see a lack of effort in certain instances.

Without question, I could have told you Jay has lost this team at halftime.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Talent wise the 13 team was way worse. There is enough talent on this D to at least be league average but the coaching has been abysmal.

Offensively it might be the worst roster we've had since Schottenheimer. Our best player is a 3rd round rookie WR. Granted he looks good, but still.

Even if that is true... that 2013 team was actually more competitive.  This team is so horrid that you could honestly make a case that the only games left on the schedule that the Redskins truly have a chance to win are against the Dolphins & Jets.  And that is only because they are also putrid franchises.  With that said, isn’t it funny that the Redskins will end up 0-16 to 2-14 and next year the Patriots will still have an easier schedule because they play in the pitiful pitiful AFC East lolol

8 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Norv Turner was awful and he brought with him to DC old veteran Cowboys who were already washed up and could not play for the Cowboys.

he really didn't.  I'm looking back at their old rosters and he only signed a couple

There was the season where they went 0-5, then peeled off 5 wins in a row; I think it was the Lavar Arrington interception that sparked the winning streak.

But they played like they gave a ****, and that's just not the mentality I see in this team. At first they may SEEM to, but once the other team gets any momentum, its over; Gruden has no idea how to get them out of it, the running game is non-existent, the WRs { with the exception of McLaurin } just don't get any separation, and don't even ask about the defense. I wasn't happy about the Manusky hiring but sat and waited to see what he could do, and now EVERYONE has buyers remorse.

But i'll wait til week 8 before making up my mind...

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Could you just give us a comprehensive list of the topics you do feel comfortable discussing so we can adhere to that? It seems like the majority of your posts here have become about trying to direct people to discuss certain areas of the team in certain acceptable ways, so I'm just trying to help you out.

how about you just accept there's a fan around here who doesn't always think the sky is falling and thinks a 7-9 season is better than a season with less wins than that

1 hour ago, carex said:

Look man, I won't deny it's been a long time since we've had a GREAT team, but we have had good teams since then and I'm sick of being good being trashed because it's not great.

I'm not even sure what you're saying.  "I'm sick of being good being trashed because it's not great."  ???

Lets cut to reality -- Dan has utterly destroyed everything George Allen (that's right Bruce) and Joe Gibbs built in terms of culture, pride and obviously winning with this organization.  Hell, even Gibbs 2.0 couldn't overcome the weight of the ****ty fail Dan has established.  The majority of the fanbase is decimated.  So, it doesn't matter at this point if the Skins had a few good teams during his rein of terror.  Right now they stink on ice (I think we can all agree on that) and it's hard to see them winning a game this year,...but, it is the NFL and weird things happen.  

Worst team in 20 years?  Remains to be seen, but, as they say "they're trending toward that".  Nothing is going to get better as long as Dan keeps running this organization the way HE, for some odd reason, thinks it should be run.  Way too much bad, bad energy built up over years of failing, meddling, etc.  The amount of players that leave this team to go on to become successful on another team is almost mind boggling.  Same goes for good players that come here that become mediocre to bad -- it's like the darkness just swallows them up.  Sure, there are exceptions, but overall, things trend toward bad.  And it's just getting worse.

5 minutes ago, Probos said:

I'm not even sure what you're saying.  "I'm sick of being good being trashed because it's not great."  ???

Lets cut to reality -- Dan has utterly destroyed everything George Allen (that's right Bruce) and Joe Gibbs built in terms of culture, pride and obviously winning with this organization.  Hell, even Gibbs 2.0 couldn't overcome the weight of the ****ty fail Dan has established.  The majority of the fanbase is decimated.  So, it doesn't matter at this point if the Skins had a few good teams during his rein of terror.  Right now they stink on ice (I think we can all agree on that) and it's hard to see them winning a game this year,...but, it is the NFL and weird things happen.  

Worst team in 20 years?  Remains to be seen, but, as they say "they're trending toward that".  Nothing is going to get better as long as Dan keeps running this organization the way HE, for some odd reason, thinks it should be run.  Way too much bad, bad energy built up over years of failing, meddling, etc.  The amount of players that leave this team to go on to become successful on another team is almost mind boggling.  Same goes for good players that come here that become mediocre to bad -- it's like the darkness just swallows them up.  Sure, there are exceptions, but overall, things trend toward bad.  And it's just getting worse.

I'm sick of people saying that.  It's a perfectly clear concept

And the team had stunk for about six years before Snyder showed up.  I don't care about the fanbase I care about the team

And I have difficulty with the whole worst team in 20 years, won't win a game thing considering this is damn close to the same team who won a game with Josh Johnson at QB last year

Archived