Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years?

Idaho fan

For all intents and purposes and with this team playing mostly rookies, I'm looking at the rest of the season as preseason games. That's a good thing. 4 more games of film.

You've got Haskins going through OJT (on-the-job-training), learning the offense in real time. You've got rookies on defense learning how to communicate and a rookie offensive coordinator learning (remember McVay talking to Cousins about learning while talking on the bench a few years back?) 

But again, if Bruce stays, **** everything I just said.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, joeken24 said:

For all intents and purposes and with this team playing mostly rookies, I'm looking at the rest of the season as preseason games. That's a good thing. 4 more games of film.

You've got Haskins going through OJT (on-the-job-training), learning the offense in real time. You've got rookies on defense learning how to communicate and a rookie offensive coordinator learning (remember McVay talking to Cousins about learning while talking on the bench a few years back?) 

Yea. None of that matters.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, joeken24 said:

But again, if Bruce stays, **** everything I just said.

Whether Bruce is here or not;  there's no guarantees for any player on the roster to be here long term.

A new coach, will bring in a new system.  Year 1 will be spent seeing if the holdover players are right for the new coach's system.  I'm expecting alot of roster turnover the next couple of years; as the next guy gets the players he needs. If we're lucky, maybe they are already here.  If not, don't get attached to anyone.  When this team reaches the peek of the next guy's era; I'd expect over half of the current roster if not higher to no longer be on the team.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 10:08 AM, Boss_Hogg said:

Yeah i think right now we are tied with the 2013 team. The 1994 squad may have been worse but that was to be expected with a new coach and a rebuild. 

Yep. Statistics will start to pop up in the coming days.

Undoubtably, this is the worst Redskins team of the forward pass era. 

16 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

3-13.   What’s everyone’s final vote?

i say yes.   Though I did think Callahan had the team more competitive than Gruden.  Still sucked still bad bad bad.  Good riddance 2019 season. 

We were playing without hardly any starters, how????

23 hours ago, carex said:

Have you ever looked up how bad we were in the 50s

Don't care, man. 

Ok, I used some hyperbole, but the point still stands.

This is an atrocious squad, with little hope of getting better unless

the new brass does some mayor changes.

Archived