Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years?


Recommended Posts

Walking out of Metlife today at two different times I passed some other Redskin fans who looked at me and said this is the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years.

 

In other years when they were bad I seem to remember the team at least being competitive.  Marty's team would easily beat this team.  Speaking only of this team as is with this coaching staff was there a worse one?  Zorn's team comes to mind as does Spurrier's but after witnessing this mess today in person Im not so sure.  Curious what others think.  With their schedule Im not sure the Skins can win a game this year.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

Yes it is. No question about it. Marty's team never gave up. This roster is done and the players are ready for the offseason.

They gave up after the 1st half of the eagles game. This team is coasting because that was a totally different looking team.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Walking out of Metlife today at two different times I passed some other Redskin fans who looked at me and said this is the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years.

 

In other years when they were bad I seem to remember the team at least being competitive.  Marty's team would easily beat this team.  Speaking only of this team as is with this coaching staff was there a worse one?  Zorn's team comes to mind as does Spurrier's but after witnessing this mess today in person Im not so sure.  Curious what others think.  With their schedule Im not sure the Skins can win a game this year.

 

New season, same old ****e. When things are more or less consistent carnage year-on-year, it's hard to pick one disgrace over another. 

 

Rinse. Repeat. Personnel change. Coaches change. Every blue moon we flirt with getting above .500 and having a one and done playoff appearance to sell a few more tickets. But the same, bottom-dwelling organisation that we have been almost constantly for the past 20 years and more now is the one constant. 

 

I seriously feel for the younger generation who didn't get to grow up through/ experience the glory years under Coach's first go-around like you and I for they will NEVER get to experience anything like that so long as the crocodile shoe-wearing menace draws breath. (Hell, they'll be lucky if they ever get to experience a double win digit season ever again. Something that we took for granted back then and questioned 'if' it was only a 10 win season!). 

 

We just are what we are and I'm at peace with that. It makes not giving a damn these days much easier. 

 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the worst team, easily, that the Redskins have fielded  in a very long time.  Even the Spurrier and Zorn teams showed competitiveness at times and with the exception of the last part of Zorn's second year, those team fought and didn't give up.  The 2019 Redskins have been competitive for three quarters this season; the first half of the eagles game and the first quarter of the Cowboys game.  They gave up on the season before we got to week three.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Csup said:

The Miami v Washington game will be to see who truly is the dreg of the NFL this season.  Maybe it will end in a 0-0 tie.

Oh man I hope that's what happens.  So fitting.  But then this defense won't shut out anyone.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

 

New season, same old ****e. When things are more or less consistent carnage year-on-year, it's hard to pick one disgrace over another. 

 

Rinse. Repeat. Personnel change. Coaches change. Every blue moon we flirt with getting above .500 and having a one and done playoff appearance to sell a few more tickets.

 

Hail. 

 

it's actually not as rare as you think.  in nine of the twenty years we've had eight to ten wins, with the seven wins three times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

Yes it is. No question about it. Marty's team never gave up. This roster is done and the players are ready for the offseason.

Not to be nit picky but Marty’s team did give up  few times during their 0-5 start.  But Marty changed his ways and the team turned it around to finish 8-8.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think so. Today felt like a game 16, bags are packed, keys are in the ignition, phone it in kind of game. The Giants are a bad team. We were exponentially worse. Talentwise, that shouldn't have been the case. We should not be run off the field by the Giants.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Csup said:

Except for the 1st half of the first game this team is not even competitive.  The Miami v Washington game will be to see who truly is the dreg of the NFL this season.  Maybe it will end in a 0-0 tie.

If it looks to be heading towards a 0-0 tie, the refs will institute a way to score negative points and Gruden will lose the first NFL game zero to negative forty-three.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Honestly, it’s the same team since Alex Smith broke his leg.

I think that's something we didn't understand well enough. Players rallied for and played for Alex Smith. He was a leader on the field. The moment he left the D threw up the white flag and the offense (which was injured to hell) may have.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, profusion said:

I'd have to back to Norv's first season, 1994, to remember a worse team than this one. And that was a salary clear-out, rebuilding year.

There have been seasons like 1998 and 2001 where the Redskins respectively went 0-7 and 0-5 to start the season and the team looked absolutely horrible.

 

But the difference to me is that back then we were still less than a decade removed from the glory years and even though there was a lot of grousing, the recency of the glory years in and of itself gave the fans hope. FedEx Field was still packed.

 

Now, I just don't know. The Redskins are doing the right thing in apparently playing Haskins and getting him the experience moving forward. But for this season, is that going to generate enough interest to get people to the stadium for the remainder of the season? Lets face it, the competitive part of the season is over. Over the past three decades, we've seen countless meaningless home games in December. We've seen a fair share of meaningless November home games. Folks, aside from watching Haskins, is there any reason to head out to FedEx in OCTOBER this season? Do you have any expectation that this team is actually going to win?

 

It all just seems so dreadful. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think that's something we didn't understand well enough. Players rallied for and played for Alex Smith. He was a leader on the field. The moment he left the D threw up the white flag and the offense (which was injured to hell) may have.


I think it’s a lack of coaching as well.  No leadership on this team off the field.   No confidence that they can make things happen when **** turns south.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, carex said:

 

it's actually not as rare as you think.  in nine of the twenty years we've had eight to ten wins, with the seven wins three times. 

 

Mate, this is the 27th season since the last Lombardi. 

 

We've had three, that's THREE, double-digit win season's since then. With a WHOPPING THREE playoff wins. 

 

And through that span, we've had back-to-back winning season's TWICE.

 

If there's a team worse than that the entire league over the last three decades then man alive that must be a horrendous franchise because this one is about as bad as it gets. 

 

We can't dress it up any other than what it is. Utter ****e. 

 

Hail. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...