Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years?

Idaho fan

8 hours ago, jbird said:

What is astounding is that we are middle of the pack in terms of passing offense.

If there is 1 thing you don't want to change on this team, it is the Passing game..... .... and yet it is the one area where we have a big change coming that is going to wind up making us worse in the short run.

It appears clear the the biggest issues facing this team are Rushing offense, and Rushing D. As well as defending the QUarterback and pass.

We need to run the ball and we need to sack their QB. That is our starting point for change.

That's your take away, not that the passing game would be just as bad if it wasnt for all the garbage yards in the end of the philly and dallas game?

According to the updated DVOA (through Week 4), the Redskins are still only the 4th worst team in football, ahead of the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Bengals. The Dolphins have been historically awful, so I doubt anyone catches them. The Redskins did just slightly "out worse" the NY Jets, though it should be noted the Jets had a bye and did not have as many opportunities to suck. It remains a close race. Denver and Oakland made some moves with competent performances, though both remain largely bad as well.

Note that the Redskins are currently 29th in Offense and 26th in Defense. But 4th in Special Teams (go Tress Way!)

Just now, Boss_Hogg said:

The only other 0-4 teams are Cincy and the Dolphins. The Dolphins are on a bye and Cincy plays the 0-3-1 Cardinals. 

Good chance we will be the only 0-5 team after this weekend which means the worst in the NFL. 

Bang up job Bruce and Dan 

One step closer to #1 overall, which we could flip to the Dolphins for at least two of their 3 first round picks and then some. That's a great spot to be in an honestly, much more exciting than this season...

11 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

One step closer to #1 overall, which we could flip to the Dolphins for at least two of their 3 first round picks and then some. That's a great spot to be in an honestly, much more exciting than this season...

Count on us to beat the Dolphins in week 6 or 7... So we'll have to send picks for #1st overall.

Because we're like that.

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Count on us to beat the Dolphins in week 6 or 7... So we'll have to send picks for #1st overall.

Because we're like that.

I live in south Florida. There's "excitement" in the air for the October 13th game. Dolphins fans and media see the Redskins game as their only win of 2019. I'm inclined to agree with them. 

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

Because we're like that.

Based on what Ive seen from this team Im not confident at all that the Skins will beat the Dolphins.  However I am confident with the current FO that they would manage to screw up any opportunity resulting from having the #1 first over all pick.  Only hope (and its a slight one) is that by losing enough to get the #1 would also result in Bruce being fired and a real GM being brought in.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:57 PM, Renegade7 said:

That's your take away, not that the passing game would be just as bad if it wasnt for all the garbage yards in the end of the philly and dallas game?

And add in the 7 INTs plus sacks & fumbles during the last 2 games & this is hardly what you would call a successful passing game.

50 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I live in south Florida. There's "excitement" in the air for the October 13th game. Dolphins fans and media see the Redskins game as their only win of 2019. I'm inclined to agree with them. 

I'm down here too, where are you? Know any Redskins bars down here?

From the sounds of things on a Dolphins forum I saw, many of their fans are worried the Dolphins might accidentally beat the Skins.  Others want to win one so they aren't in the history books as a winless team.  Will have to wait to see how things unfold - but a 0-16 is a huge embarrassment to any organization and owner... Might just be what Danny needs.

Going 1-15 with a win over the Dolphins does nothing positive for the Skins IMO unless they [Miami] manage to get two wins somehow.  

Miami has a chance to beat the Jets twice, and the Jets have the same chance, so either way one of them will have a win or two. Technically we'd still be #1 if we won a game and so did they, assuming the rest of the NFL has at least one win. We currently hold the #1 spot and Dolphins are #4 based on schedule. We may be fighting the Broncos for that pick too

On 9/29/2019 at 6:19 PM, Idaho fan said:

Walking out of Metlife today at two different times I passed some other Redskin fans who looked at me and said this is the worst Redskins team in the last 20 years.

In other years when they were bad I seem to remember the team at least being competitive.  Marty's team would easily beat this team.  Speaking only of this team as is with this coaching staff was there a worse one?  Zorn's team comes to mind as does Spurrier's but after witnessing this mess today in person Im not so sure.  Curious what others think.  With their schedule Im not sure the Skins can win a game this year.

It all begins and ends with Snyder. As long as he owns the team, the Redskins will be a laughingstock...

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Does this team beat the Dolphins or Jets?  Im still voting worst team in past 20 years.

Well you'll have your answer for Dolphins next week.

Dolphins are tanking, but we're really bad we could lose this game and make them look like the Patriots.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

Well you'll have your answer for Dolphins next week.

Dolphins are tanking, but we're really bad we could lose this game and make them look like the Patriots.

The FO/ownership is tanking but the players are still playing hard.  They are coming off a bye.  The Dolphins will beat the Skins.  The Jets will get their Mono man back and be playing better football when we play them Bell will embarrass us.

Archived