Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Heres my thing, I dont support a full boycott unless it's a full boycott.  Like, dont ask me to stop going if other fans are still going, your talking about suspending the Extremeskins tailgate just to make this point, I'd need @pez and @Huly to speak on that on that, because if fans like them dont buy into this it isnt going to work.  I still want to go, dont ask me not to if ither fans are still going, either all in or not at all

You need the remaining redskins stores to close and merchandise sales to get to zero to make this point, are we really ready for that collectively?  And I dont think it's fair to call people that still do enablers.  Other teams fans will take our place in the stadium, this could easily not work and Snyder still make money, he cant make less money he needs to lose money how is that possible with the profit sharing price of the CBA?

I agree, but it's hard to get two people to do something let alone 200,000.  People will ultimately do what they want to do, and that's totally fine.  I would never suggest that if someone wants to go to a game or have a tailgate that they shouldn't, I'm suggesting that if we want to try and see improvement and accountability, this is one way to get there.  Ultimately, people have many other far more important things going on in their lives, and i wouldn't expect this to take precedence over anything. 

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Guess I'm missing something here. 

Jerry Richardson sold the Panthers after multiple accusations. 

Kraft will never sell or be forced out because he is different type of owner than Richardson. Kraft will get the protection from the shield. 

Dan Snyder is the lowest of the low when it comes to owners. The NFL will not protect Dan if he gets caught up in a Asian massage parlor in Tacoma Park.  

Because NFL was very clear they weren't forcing him to sell the team over that, he did it willingly 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-nfl-jerry-richardson-panthers-owner-sell-team-20171221-story.html?outputType=amp

The NFL made it clear Thursday it isn't forcing Panthers owner Jerry Richardson to sell the team while he is under investigation for sexual and racial misconduct in the workplace.

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said during a conference call that "there was no pressure from the league on Mr. Richardson" to sell his team . Lockhart said Richardson "came to the conclusion over that weekend that putting his team up for sale was what he wanted to do. We found out about it shortly before the announcement came out."

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Go to these unis full time & change team name to Washington Warpath or Braves or some **** and move the **** on for the love of god !  The only explanation for being humiliated every single time they play MNF @ home is clearly a curse.  Change the name you slimy weasel!!!!

This is not the name change thread nor is that ground to get him to sell the team, NFL has already made that crystal clear.  Please dont get this thread closed over this

As long as an owner doesn't try to reduce his royal highness's ludicrous salary, no action will be taken.

Also, the Skins have won 7+ games for the last four years.  Hard to label his mismanagement as "detrimental to the league" without getting rid of 15 other owners.

That being said, I'm sure that the league is getting blowback from the networks.  That's a big market to be suffering fan apathy.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The most nauseating thing is hearing all the recent ex players like Moss and Portis defend him. He wants them all to be beholden to him and help to expand his his little gump safe bubble

What we really need is for more dudes like Riggins to step up and publicly tell him to go **** himself

This is real talk, its same way I felt about the mind numbing level of defense in the media of Ernie with the Wizards.  I get it, he helped you get jobs after your career was over, especially if you went broke *cough *cough Portis

But stop hinting at it, Moss did last night, he knows what time it is, they all do.  Getting rid of Jay isnt good enough.  Getting rid if Allen isnt good enough.  Either Snyder needs to change or nothing will, I'm convinced of that now

4 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

As long as an owner doesn't try to reduce his royal highness's ludicrous salary, no action will be taken.

Also, the Skins have won 7+ games for the last four years.  Hard to label his mismanagement as "detrimental to the league" without getting rid of 15 other owners.

That being said, I'm sure that the league is getting blowback from the networks.  That's a big market to be suffering fan apathy.

Bingo, this is bigger then just wins and loses when this is as close to stable mediocre as we've been yet the fan base is still disintegrating. 

Snyder suing season ticket holders who couldnt meet the obligations during the last recession is reasons why people dont want to go anymore, we arent jus losing hes treating the fans like crap. 

It's like were nothing but dollar signs to him and if he cant get those dollars from us hell get them from someone else.  We are a hop skip and away from advertising other teams playing the redskins instead of the redskins playing other teams like the bullets used to do, dont think hes above it at all

42 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They like Dan because he catered to them while they were here and has helped them personally in their post football careers. 

Also what owner pals around with players like Dan?  I recall hearing about Dan taking Portis to Vegas, lending his yacht to RG3.  On and on.   He wants to be pals with his players so I don't blame them for liking a dude who showers them with trips, visits with Tom Cruise and all the celebrity-money splash things Dan does.  

D. Hall at least will admit in his own way that he's been teased for a possible FO position hence his homerism.  

43 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

ah, thanks.

I'll see myself out. 

That’s me as far as fandom goes. I used to joke that Sunday Ticket enabled my marriage because I moved out of town to marry my wife. This year, no Sunday Ticket for me. It’s been liberating actually, but it’s also depressing that it has come to this. Thanks Lord Farquaad for killing one of the few things the DMV could unite around. I hope your belt buckle and your cash keep you warm at night. 

Just now, The Sisko said:

That’s me as far as fandom goes. I used to joke that Sunday Ticket enabled my marriage because I moved out of town to marry my wife. This year, no Sunday Ticket for me. It’s been liberating actually, but it’s also depressing that it has come to this. Thanks Lord Farquaad for killing one of the few things the DMV could unite around. I hope your belt buckle and your cash keep you warm at night. 

I bet its just the Crown at this point. Dude probably puts it in his cereal

i've always felt like I've been on the cutting edge of this topic.  way back in 1999, long before there was an extremeskins, i was one of FEW saying this new guy will destroy the redskins.  it doesnt sound like much now.  but in 1999, this was laughable on the alt.redskins newsgroup.  with people like "valjean", and "markthehomer", and "jim carr"claiming I was crazy.  All I did was read stories about the guy written at the time by the washington post about his performance as a private business owner and how much he was hated by people that worked for him and I got a sense.  

20 years later, and I feel everybody now is on board.  it took some time.  because from 2000-2008 you had the apologetic crowd "oh he's learning how to be an owner but he really wants to win"

For the life of me, people who go to that stadium, I dont know how on god's green earth, there are not loud boisterious "sell the team" chants by the 30,000 skins fans in attendance.  but there's not.  there never has been such a chant.   if this was happening in philly, i can guarantee you THAT crowd would be chanting every sunday to sell the team, sell the team.    with a guy like him, who beyond just being terrible owner, he's also a recluse, he may have publicly spoken the LEAST among any pro sports team owner this past decade....and that's because of what he fears the most:  PUBLIC SCRUTINY.   

He fears people, especially his own (skins fans) talking about him where it makes national news.  thats what skins fans need to figure out.  how to publicly embarrass this guy at any and all costs wherever he is so that national media starts to get wind of it......because national media is SLOW to this story of how much he is hated.  they understand it to a point but not to an equal level.   you need to make HIM the story.  dont know how to do that.  im open to suggestions.  but he needs to be the most talked about guy in washington.  not the coach.  not the qb.  not the GM.  he can HIDE behind all of that talk.  and he can be relatively comfortable as long as the airwaves talk about bruce allen or case keenum or the D Coor or whatever.   remember, the moment he started getting some of that stuff (in 2009 when fans brought in signs a bout him, he BANNED SIGNS!) that tells you how fearful he is.  YOU HAVE TO ATTACK HIS FEAR.  YOU HAVE TO BRING HIM INTO THE GENERAL NATIONAL DISCUSSION AT A LEVEL HE HASNT SEEN BEFORE.  A start would be a sell the team chant, boistourous and loud, easily recognizatble to those watching at home at every game.

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise I was hoping for your case on yes since that's how you voted, not a reminder of jus how screwed we are : (

In all seriousness, I was just thinking about this.  if we mounted a letter campaign to the league office it actually might make some hay especially if it gets some PR.

I was just thinking about the continued dilemma which is the target is always below Dan.  The reasoning for it is that's all we can change and we can't change Dan's status.  And while that's likely true, it would be interesting to have a real go at it.

I do different things in the course of my job/jobs.  One year among my jobs, I worked in mobilizing letter-email-call campaigns.  And yeah sometimes they actually work.  There is usually two things that get in the way of it:

A.  the perception that it won't work so people don't engage and it in turns becomes a self fulfilling prophesy

B.  Just getting people engaged in it period

If instead of sending letters to Redskins Park people sent letters to the NFL office -- it would be an interesting twist.  For starters, I think it would be novel.   And it might accomplish one of the following things.

A.  If there exists people in the NFL office concerned about Dan and the state of the franchise as WP articles have purported -- this would amp all of that up

B.  It might at a minimum show Dan that he isn't purely in a cocoon where he's insulated.  In his tenure, it's always been the targets below him that get the wrath.  Redskins Park gets the letters and protests directly.    This would be different.

I am much more passionate about sports than my profession.  :(  I purposely never post in the political thread.    But I am humbly not bad at what I do, I've won close to 30 national awards for marketing based activities.   I get the cynicism of anything not working and checking out from trying in advance.  But yeah I got no doubt if we got 500 letters or so hitting the league office -- at the very least it would get Dan's attention and in a way that's much less pleasant to him than having the letters coming to him. 

If we’re gonna do this, we gotta do this proper.

The ES community alone won’t even make a blip on the radar.

We gotta make it go viral:

ES, Reddit, Twitter, The Post, The Times, The Junkies on 106.7 (not Chad Dukes, **** him). Hell the national media if it can catch fire

Start getting the crowd to chant Sell The Team. It can happen, we just gotta unite the upset fan base, which I’m sure is gotta be at least 85% at this point. It’s just hard because not every fan tunes to the same platform 

20 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

YOU HAVE TO ATTACK HIS FEAR.  YOU HAVE TO BRING HIM INTO THE GENERAL NATIONAL DISCUSSION AT A LEVEL HE HASNT SEEN BEFORE.  A start would be a sell the team chant, boistourous and loud, easily recognizatble to those watching at home at every game.

I agree with all of this.  I have a unique work experience that overlaps this topic some.  I've worked for a public figure who wanted to be insulated and I helped insulate that person.  I have also worked at driving issues and change aimed directly at public figures.  Multiple times.  So I've seen this stuff in play some.   Granted in a different profession and everyone reacts differently -- but reading about Dan I get a strong sense that he is a dude who thrives on being insulated and holds onto it like a crutch.  

And Dan is in position where he can easily insulate himself.  A letter campaign aimed at removing Bruce or Jay or whomever still puts a solution at his feet to please the masses.  He stays in his owners box and watches fans turn on everyone else publicly but him. 

I would put money that of all the bad PR he has received over the years the stuff that bothers him most are the articles quoting anonymous personnel people and others from the league office that specifically say that he is killing the franchise.     Because that hits home.  And those articles flirt a little with the idea that maybe someday the league might intervene.  

That's why I think a letter campaign to the league office might be the ticket.  That I think would embarrass him.  If the league is like dude we are getting a constant stream from fans who think you don't hold yourself accountable, you keep hiring cronies, on and on and they want us to intervene...I think that would undress him some.  I doubt the league would intervene right away but I do think they'd take note and tell Dan and Dan at the very least would be embarrassed.   

I agree that signs and chants at the stadium would be even better.  But we can't control that. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise if you have an idea for a template of the letters neccessey for maximum effect, please post it and I'll have one ready by the end of the week.  I can PM it to you or post it here for review, let me know

I'll do some research and work on it.  

17 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Start getting the crowd to chant Sell The Team. It can happen, we just gotta unite the upset fan base, which I’m sure is gotta be at least 85% at this point. It’s just hard because not every fan tunes to the same platform 

You don't think any chants like that at a home game will be drowned out by the opposing fans in attendance?  I haven't been to a home game recently but have to think the number of opposing fans in FedEX has to be noticed.  The remarks about this organization by the pre/post game shows has to be noticed.  Many say Danny doesn't care as long as he is making some money but based on stories about him I think he has to care and has to be seething.  He wants to be Jerry Jones so bad.  

I say bring on the "sell the team", "fire bruce" etc. Chants but lack of butts in the seats and/or number of opposing fans speaks loudest to Dan IMO.

If Im a 9ers, Jets, Lions, Panthers fan Im buying cheap tickets to a game in DC.  The Pats game is going to be crazy - how many Skin fans will want to watch that debacle live?

The Pats game is going to have a majority of Pats fans.  Whats worse is when no one shows up for the 49ers game except for a hand full of 49er fans.

Archived