Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So maybe the social media campaign needs to be targeted at DC, MD and VA policy makers to make sure no public money goes to Dan Snyder.  The problem with that is two fold:

1. Once you start that movement, you might not be able to reverse it IF Dan Snyder sees the light and makes changes.

2. If everything fails, and Dan isn't going to sell the team, he might just try and move it, and blame it on the local political environment, etc.  

Think you make a lot of good points, that going after stadium is best bet next to forcing Snyder into the national conversation.  I'll say banning government money is not the same as not letting him get the land he needs.  I'd make not giving him money mandatory and giving him land conditional.  If he tries to move a team out the 6th largest media market, NFL doesnt have to approve it, theyve blocked moves before.

When you gonna write your letter? : )

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

As long as he believes that it's just losing because of bad luck, and that people don't like Bruce because we're losing because of bad luck, he's just not going to change.

It took Vinny hiring Zorn, and then Zorn calling swinging gate twice to get Dan to fire Vinny.  As far as we've gone down the Bruce road, we haven't reached that level of complete stupidity.  That's what it took for Dan to finally realize Vinny needed to go because he "allowed me to hire Jim Zorn." That's an exact quote.

The arguement needs to be laid out about Bruce focusing on injured players to get steals and cheaper contracts.  We need to convince him this is a built in out in case the overall team building doesnt work, blaming injuries ever year and intentionally targeting injured plays should be national conversation, this isnt luck it's bad strategy.

So that's three ways so far:

1.Force Snyder into national conversation so they dont stop at just his scapegoats

2.Attack the new stadium deal

3.Convince him Bruce is intentionally getting injured players and that's why we always have injury issues now

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

No, but NFL viewership as a whole is up so if the owners want to carve out the DC ratings and use it as leverage against Dan then Dan can do the same thing by using the Redskins profits that are subsidizing a 1/3rd of the league against them. 

IMO, if your gonna go after Dan you need something earth shaking to unseat him. 

Redskins revenue growth is slowing down and overall value getting passed by other teams.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195304/revenue-of-the-washington-redskins-since-2006/

https://www.fox5dc.com/sports/redskins-drop-out-of-top-10-most-valuable-sports-franchises

I hope everyone realizes that public attempts to force Snyder to sell - either to actually force him to sell or to send him a message - will eventually backfire and expose the fans as crybabies who want the league, or its sponsors, to step in and make the Skins a playoff contender.  After four consecutive 7+ win seasons.  The league has done about all it can to create parity - they want 7-9 win teams.  In my opinion, there is too much parity.  They won't want to step in, and they shouldn't step in.  If they are going to help out the Skins, shouldn't they help out the Giants and Jets as well?

There is no one reason that the Skins have moved from mediocre to disaster this year.  Injuries, bad luck, coaching, talent all play a part.  But if I had to point to one team characteristic that dooms the Skins, it would be this: no team chemistry.  Three different primary quarterbacks in the last three years.  The receivers have never played with one another, or with the quarterback.  Constant shuffling of the safeties from season to season.  Is anyone really surprised that the secondary doesn't communicate well?

Gruden will be gone soon.  It's probably a good time, since there really isn't much resembling an offense right now and that's pretty much his entire involvement in the team.  But there is no coach that can come in with a magic wand and make things good.  The players, at least the ones suiting up, simply aren't good enough to win playoff games.  Coaches who can come in and set a new direction for the team aren't just sitting on their couch.  And please don't compare the Skins situation to the Rams.  That team was talent laden from years and years of high draft choices.  Cleveland had gobs of cap room and high draft choices.  The Skins have neither.  They have one player on offense who may be all pro - and his resume is only three weeks old - and probably no one on defense.  Despite the dearth of talent, they are chronically low on cap space.

It's not that I don't have sympathy for the fans, especially the ones that attending the games, but sometimes you just have to take your lumps.  Every year, someone is the worst in the NFL and someone is close behind.  This year, four really crappy teams all get to play each other during the season.  Should be an exciting year to see who gets the #1 pick.  Enjoy the suckitude or find other meaningful ways to spend Sundays in fall.

The best approach here is the same one that gets to political commentators.

Contact the advertisers.

Don't say "hey, you shouldn't buy ad time associated with Dan Snyder's Redskins". It needs to be "I won't use YOUR product until you remove association with anything Redskins". The CBA protects Snyder. Next step is to pressure the league's revenue stream. Dan can't be the only person to suffer in order to force change. It needs to be felt by the NFL/other owners.

No other way to really get results. Embarrassing him would be fun, and funny, but money talks. The advertisers are where it's at.

Maybe try to get a joint effort with several of the fanbases of other regularly bad teams?

I was listening to the Kevin Sheehan podcast yesterday. He had Thom Loverro on. Kevin mentioned the NFL and commissioner may not be pleased with the way the Redskins are being run considering their history and location (DC, large market). Thom mentioned something similar happened to the NY Giants in the 70s. The commissioner at the time assigned someone to step in and assist the Giants in getting their act together. They both discussed that if things get bad enough, the commissioner could offer help to Snyder.

At this point I'm looking forward to The Capitals season more than The Redskins.  Why couldn't Ted L have bought the team instead of Snyder?

And as much as I would like the above post to happen Danny boy would refuse any outside help because then he couldn't claim sole reason for the team to getting better. 

1 hour ago, theTruthTeller said:

I hope everyone realizes that public attempts to force Snyder to sell - either to actually force him to sell or to send him a message - will eventually backfire and expose the fans as crybabies who want the league, or its sponsors, to step in and make the Skins a playoff contender. 

If you think this is just about wins and loses, you haven't been paying attention.  Losing happens, but having a bad plan or intentionally no plan at all is unacceptable.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That's fine but my point was based around revenue sharing and that's directly related to profits, not evaluations.

Forbes just released the 2019 numbers and the team is ranked 8th in operating income (Profit).

https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That's fine but my point was based around revenue sharing and that's directly related to profits, not evaluations.

Forbes just released the 2019 numbers and the team is ranked 8th in operating income (Profit).

https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

Didnt we used to be neck and neck with Dallas for 1 and 2?  Do we need to get down to Arizona levels before we admit this is a problem?  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If you think this is just about wins and loses, you haven't been paying attention.  Losing happens, but having a bad plan or intentionally no plan at all is unacceptable.

I don't disagree, but, to the rest of the country, publicly asking the NFL or sponsors to come to the rescue of the Skins isn't going to garner any sympathy at all.  And it's not likely to change anything either.  Everyone wants to think that a single change (owner, HC, DC) can put the Skins back into contention, but it just isn't true.   In the end, DS has to pay something outlandish to bring in a top GM to make the necessary changes and then watch without interfering while the restructuring takes place.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Didnt we used to be neck and neck with Dallas for 1 and 2?  Do we need to get down to Arizona levels before we admit this is a problem?  

To be fair, the valuation difference is largely because of the stadium.  Of course, Jones basically got his for free and was patient about selling the naming rights until he got the price he wanted.  I don't think Danny has the same community support or patience.  No matter what anyone thinks about Jerry Jones, it's hard to criticize his ability to market his assets to the hilt.

Dan Snyder's head is so far up his own ass he thinks the problems with the Redskins are related to FedEx field. He will continue to believe that because in his eyes, he can do no wrong. Even if 12 Redskin fans show up he would never assume it was because of the team or the culture hes built. 

That cheerleading scandal should have made more noise and we should have been posting links to every feminist website or message board about it imaginable. That would have created a bigger wave for it. 

Snyder is a scumbag, there has to be dirt on him somewhere 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, skins4eva said:

Going nuclear is long overdue.  We have limited power as individuals here, but collectively, we can make our voices heard.  The best thing to do is simply boycott home games and cancel season tickets in protest.  It really shouldn't be that hard.  I can't, for the life of me, understand why any fans would actually want to travel to the hell hole that is landover MD to watch this disgrace of a franchise when they can sit on their couches with one eye on the game in the comfort of their own homes.  Go to a bar if you need companionship while watching, but whatever you do, don't go to the stadium.  

That doesn't seem to require any organizing at this point.

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You're 100% correct, the numbers have slipped and the team isn't maximizing their ability to make money but I'm not sure it's at the level where you can use it against him to remove him as the owner but I would be all in for trying.

There has to be some dirt on Dan, there isn't a billionaire in this world whose hands are clean, we gotta find the dirt.

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

You're 100% correct, the numbers have slipped and the team isn't maximizing their ability to make money but I'm not sure it's at the level where you can use it against him to remove him as the owner but I would be all in for trying.

There has to be some dirt on Dan, there isn't a billionaire in this world whose hands are clean, we gotta find the dirt.

He was only in his mid-30's when he bought the team. I don't think he had even enough friends to have a moment before then to do anything stupid and the only reason he has friends at all now is because he's rich and owns a football team.

The thing that's crazy to me but I believe it because I keep hearing it is that Dan-Bruce don't think things are that bad with the fan base.

Keim and Snider doubled down on it in a podcast yesterday.  Others including Sheehan, the WP writers, etc have also said the people in the building don't think they have that bad of a problem with the fan base because all that's wrong is temporary and just based on current losing.

Dan comes off to me akin to a grossly overweight guy who constantly shrugs off his doctors telling him to lose weight, telling himself he is fine, but maybe won't realize he has a problem until he has a heart attack.   I wonder what has to hit Dan in the face because he realizes his fan base is checking out?

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

NFL franchises aren't hard to value: you essentially take the discounted present value of future contractual TV revenue, pick a median number representing gate attendance and concessions and divide by 32.  It's probably one of the best ROEs you can get anywhere for anything.  A total monopoly with a steady stream of contractual revenue.  No owner would ever sell unless forced to for reasons of of moral turpitude or piss-poor estate planning (JKC).  The other 31 franchises can, will and have always carried around the laggards.  Hard to see that changing even though I have no doubt that there are many in the front office and many owners who do not like to see a former marquee franchise on the east coast in a large market become so embarrassing on every level.  Ravens will continue to absorb fans from the region, especially younger gen fans.  Make no mistake: skins are in the desert for at least as long Moses was.     

20 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

The best approach here is the same one that gets to political commentators.

Contact the advertisers.

Don't say "hey, you shouldn't buy ad time associated with Dan Snyder's Redskins". It needs to be "I won't use YOUR product until you remove association with anything Redskins". The CBA protects Snyder. Next step is to pressure the league's revenue stream. Dan can't be the only person to suffer in order to force change. It needs to be felt by the NFL/other owners.

No other way to really get results. Embarrassing him would be fun, and funny, but money talks. The advertisers are where it's at.

You just gave me an idea. One way the area could leverage our local fanbase is to contact advertisers running ads in the stadium. So, Papa Johns, you wanna support Lord Farquaad with stadium ads, then no more of your ****ty pizza for my kids. I’ll buy Pizza Hut’s ****ty pizza instead. IIRC don’t owners keep all the stadium ad revenue? If so, that would hit him directly and be another embarrassment.

20 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

I was listening to the Kevin Sheehan podcast yesterday. He had Thom Loverro on. Kevin mentioned the NFL and commissioner may not be pleased with the way the Redskins are being run considering their history and location (DC, large market). Thom mentioned something similar happened to the NY Giants in the 70s. The commissioner at the time assigned someone to step in and assist the Giants in getting their act together. They both discussed that if things get bad enough, the commissioner could offer help to Snyder.

Even if this does happen, the only way for it to work is for Snyder to step back and have literally no input on the running of the team. It’s not an issue of a knowledge deficit, misguided team building strategy, etc.  The root cause of the team’s problems is Dan’s toxic personality and “management” (to use the term loosely) style. He’s garbage and there’s just no fixing that.

Archived