Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

The Pats game is going to have a majority of Pats fans.  Whats worse is when no one shows up for the 49ers game except for a hand full of 49er fans.

I keep saying this, we already had that with the eagles game last year, not a peep about it, everyone kept there job. 

I was there, that was damn near 70%-80% Eagles fans, it was a complete and total takeover and it changed nothing.  There could be zero Redskins fans in that stadium, if its still 50%-60% capacity with the other teams fans you cant tell the difference from a monetary standpoint. 

Hes either going to ignore it or let the criticism go to people beneath him.  If he was a superfan like he claims it'd only take once that happening for wholesale change, and we didnt even change the defensive coordinator 

Edit: want to clarify any time I've been late to the game, ES tailgate is closed up so I assume yall are already in the stadium, and then jus see yall after the game

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

One of my biggest issues with the recent cheerleader issue was there was never a peep from Snyder about it.  No "we dont want women to feel uncomfortable in anyway regardless of the merits of the allegations", nothing.  Hes either tone deaf or just does not care

Or, he has expensive, fancy lawyers that smartly told him to not say anything publicly.

As far as the league stepping in, they have no cause.  It's not like there haven't been other teams that have sucked for decades.  The league didn't intervene then, and it won't intervene now.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

@Skinsinparadise Remember back in '15, before McCloughan got him off the hook, we were going to be sending in literal fan cards?  I remember @thesubmittedone was in the discussion, too.  Though I can't remember if he were a participant or the reason we were mailing in our fan cards.  😜

Yep, I do remember.  Yeah @thesubmittedone  participated, too.   We ironically wrote to Bruce among other things and I got an email response from Bruce.  Scot was hired some after.  

Not saying it happened because of what we did.  But from what I've seen in my work, everything piles on and works together.  So lets say for example there are some people in the league office who are genuinely concerned about the franchise already as the WP purports and people don't show up to games and the TV ratings keep declining and so on and so forth -- it all adds up typically.

I'll play with a letter.  The key from my experience is don't make it totally disrespectful and full of venom -- instead keep it focused.    Do I think some letters can get Dan removed?  Nope.  But I do think we'd have a better shot at getting his attention. 

The team president is entrenched, and as I've explained earlier, he's a survivor. He knows how to navigate the nepotismal waters of the NFL. Riding the nostalgia train in DC goes a long way with this owner. I agree that fans should simply stop going to the games. I don't do it anymore. When my grandfather, a retired DC police officer who, in retirement, did security as RFK and FedEx, said early on that the Snyder kid is gonna ruin this thing, I didn't really pay attention. Now I see. Well, I saw many years ago, and decided not to spend one red cent on this team until it was apparent that the owner had turned over football operations to someone competent and independent enough of his "urges" to get the job done building something sustainable for my Skins.

Stop going to the damn games. It's not enough to have half & half mix of their fans and our fans. That stadium needs to be damn near empty with some tumbleweed in the rafters. Then he'll get the point. He's buying everything that George Allen's son is selling him because he enjoys that intimate connection to the team's past. He has to be convinced that the current team president is neither a reflection of that past nor someone who can deliver that kind of glory in the present or future.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hes either going to ignore it or let the criticism go to people beneath him.  

Based on what some have said about him, I think Dan is likely hard headed as heck and purposely insulates himself from criticism.  And when criticism comes he either blames the media or redirects the criticism elsewhere.

Part of the reason why I think hitting up the league office with letters is that it removes the insulation of being able to control the narrative of the criticism.  When its directed at Redskins Park, it's directed at either other targets (not Dan) or gives him instruction for what they want.   And I doubt it's that unsettling for that reason. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe if enough fans demand that he sell the team then he actually will...

The only power the fans have at all is to STOP GOING TO THE GAMES. Stop paying $40 for parking out in the boondocks, and $15 for warm beer, and $10 for stale pretzels. Stop lining Snyder's pockets with your hard(ly)-earned money.

Sadly, it won't work. The other team's fans will show up in force since they know it's an automatic W in the standings. Snyder doesn't truly care as long as he's making money.

5 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I say bring on the "sell the team", "fire bruce" etc. Chants but lack of butts in the seats and/or number of opposing fans speaks loudest to Dan IMO.

I agree, this is the toughest issue. But if we can somehow unite the fan base to buy tickets just for one game, I think we could get enough to make a noticeable crowd.

Heck, if we can get at least 55% of the crowd our fans, the chants would be heard. I would gladly dish out $100 bucks to for **** seats just to embarrass Snyder on national tv.

If fans just buy nosebleeds, we could make an impact without breaking the bank. I’ve spent more on a worthless night out at a bar. This is for a purpose, not to watch the game, the product on the field doesn’t matter at this point.

We seem to have committed guys like @Renegade7 and @Skinsinparadise to get things moving.

To metaphor a great and poplar movie:

“The Ents are going to war.... the last march of the Ents.”

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Heres my thing, I dont support a full boycott unless it's a full boycott.  Like, dont ask me to stop going if other fans are still going, your talking about suspending the Extremeskins tailgate just to make this point, I'd need @pez and @Huly to speak on that on that, because if fans like them dont buy into this it isnt going to work.  I still want to go, dont ask me not to if ither fans are still going, either all in or not

The tailgate isn't going anywhere.

We always win the tailgate.

Always.

Fans can always go to the tailgate,  and skip the game, but our tailgate is more about family, than the team.   

If we can get Snyder to do blow with Alyssa Milano then we got em!!!

Serious note:  I hope he will sell it but I have my doubts.  I hope he hires a dude he listens to and respects and stays out of the way.  Although they have structural issues that go deep too.  

9 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The tailgate isn't going anywhere.

We always win the tailgate.

Always.

Fans can always go to the tailgate,  and skip the game, but our tailgate is more about family, than the team.   

I understand, last we talked in person one of the things that came up was this being bigger then wins and loses.  Has always been for me, why I keep doing it.  I was serious about not wanting to come back until Haskins played, I think after this thread there may be a better way.

I'd rather go into the stadium to protest then not go to the game as a protest.  Stopping the ES tailgate like Snyder would even care feels cutting off your nose to spite your face, that's jus a missing parking pass to him.

Not suprised people stop by and dont go in the stadium, I've seen some people stay in the parking lot and watch the game on tv to keep the tailgate going, I dont know how common it is because I always go in the stadium for the game.

48 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Or, he has expensive, fancy lawyers that smartly told him to not say anything publicly.

As far as the league stepping in, they have no cause.  It's not like there haven't been other teams that have sucked for decades.  The league didn't intervene then, and it won't intervene now.

Agreed. At least they wouldn’t do it formally, especially since he’s known to be litigious. However, I could see a few of them approaching him about it informally. That said, I doubt it works. For any of you that have heard the podcast, Snyder is the Dr. Death of NFL owners.

41 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Stop going to the damn games. It's not enough to have half & half mix of their fans and our fans. That stadium needs to be damn near empty with some tumbleweed in the rafters. Then he'll get the point. He's buying everything that George Allen's son is selling him because he enjoys that intimate connection to the team's past. He has to be convinced that the current team president is neither a reflection of that past nor someone who can deliver that kind of glory in the present or future.

As others have said, that’s useless. There are enough out of town fans in search of a good time to fill the stadium enough to make it a non-issue. However, if ratings tank, that hits the league in their pocket. So, stop watching or recording the games. Turn the TV off or switch to another channel.

As for the PR side of things, I think the letter writing campaign could get a little traction news-wise but only if the numbers are massive. Even better would be to include one of your jerseys and ask for a refund. Anything to make it look good visually, and to give it a comedic but respectful twist.

We should also start or join social media groups, get the “Fire Snyder” shirts going again and get a billboard. As for signs at the game, they can take your paper signs but if a large enough group got together wearing t-shirts under their outerwear with a single letter that spells out the message after they’re in their seats, I don’t think there’s anything they could do about that except throw you out, which would actually be doing you a favor. Ultimately, the goal is to make him the most hated person in town until he sells.

My first reaction to this thread  was hell  NO but then again is it really good for the brand to now have a consistent theme where our homes look more like a road game ?  And when i say brand I'm talking not only of the Washington Redskins but the NFL as a whole. Its really a bad look the past 2 games. Last night was worse then the Dallas game. I don't know how many of you were at the game but there was many instances where you could loudly hear "Lets Go BEARS" CHANTS IN ADDITION TO THE MANY crowd shots of Bears fans. That's a really bad look for the league in my opinion. 

So yeah, if this continues maybe there is a chance Snyder could be forced to sell, Teams have packed up and left for another state in similar circumstances. DC would never lose a team so maybe there is hope.

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Go to these unis full time & change team name to Washington Warpath or Braves or some **** and move the **** on for the love of god !  The only explanation for being humiliated every single time they play MNF @ home is clearly a curse.  Change the name you slimy weasel!!!!

F6BD0448-D766-4F73-876E-0ED8C776281F.jpeg

Change the name and I am out.  Along with countless other REDSKINS fans.

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I understand, last we talked in person one of the things that came up was this being bigger then wins and loses.  Has always been for me, why I keep doing it.  I was serious about not wanting to come back until Haskins played, I think after this thread there may be a better way.

I'd rather go into the stadium to protest then not go to the game as a protest.  Stopping the ES tailgate like Snyder would even care feels cutting off your nose to spite your face, that's jus a missing parking pass to him.

Not suprised people stop by and dont go in the stadium, I've seen some people stay in the parking lot and watch the game on tv to keep the tailgate going, I dont know how common it is because I always go in the stadium for the game.

I respect that.

I think you guys need to be careful or you're gonna find yourselves in the center of fed ex field paired up in groups of two from 12 different states fighting to the last man or woman.

Seriously though does anybody truly think there's any chance a crap load of losing could force an owner to sell?

It'd be a precedent I don't think the nfl would even want to flirt with, otherwise half the teams fans would be pressuring for it on a regular basis.

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The most nauseating thing is hearing all the recent ex players like Moss and Portis defend him. He wants them all to be beholden to him and help to expand his his little gump safe bubble

What we really need is for more dudes like Riggins to step up and publicly tell him to go **** himself

And the most upsetting one...Gibbs!

I am starting to think he is going to drop the big one on us.

No one wants him and his team. Not the district, Maryland, nor Virginia. Obviously DMV fans are boycotting games and that will not change for at least 2-3 years. Only a new QB / huge trade / playoffs will change anything in the short term. 

The only fans he has left, are oddly out of towners that love to overtake our stadium and cover his payroll overhead. So that is where he will inevitably head, out of town. He will soon feel backed into a corner if he wasn't there last night during halftime.

Archived