Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

The Jones article was surprisingly on target for me.   The owner could have agreed to an interview and just said he knows the fans are hurting and he wants to bring a winner to DC etc. but instead he goes to his underground bunker and keeps silent.  He must always be in fear of lawsuits.  I like what Mitchell and Matich said.   Jones used to write for the Washington Post so he has been around a long time and gets how frustrated fans are with this franchise.

Strength in numbers.  That's all I've got so far...

The fanbase has more power than it realizes, but we need organization.  if we all run in different directions, it won't matter.  But if we are all reading off the same sheet of music, we can instigate change...

Greetings from Houston!

Loooooooooong time lurker, first-time poster. If not for this topic, probably would have never signed up for this site.

I am 42 years old, been a Redskins fan since I was three. Watching the Redskins every Sunday with my father was a staple of my childhood. When Madden and Summerall were calling the game, it was an even bigger treat. Many fond memories. I was fortunate enough to watch our guys trample the Bills in Super Bowl 26 in person. Despite moving away from the DC area right after college (spent 12 years in NJ, 3 years in Philly, been in Houston almost 7 years now), my fandom is just as strong today as it was back then. Sure, I don't catch the games as often as I'd like, but this is still MY TEAM. 

Throwing this idea out there - I am going to be in the DC area during Thanksgiving week. Looking into applying for permit(s) to hold a Redskins fan rally in DC that week to draw attention to Dan Snyder's comical mishandling of our beloved team. I truly believe in my heart we can get 50,000+ people to attend. Have to think there is a HUGE amount of rabid fans like ourselves who will be visiting the area that week, which could help numbers even more. 

I have never developed and executed a rally before, but I know I can do this. I WANT to do this. 

So here are the million dollar questions - 

1. To anyone's knowledge, has this been tried before? Wondering what types of obstacles I could be facing.

2. If I can lay down the logistical groundwork, anyone here want to help? I am not talking financially, just time and effort.

@Skinsinparadise where is the money going to with that shirt?  Shirts are a good idea, but is that company sending any proceeds to Snyder for likeness to the Redskins?

I'm probably going to get one anyway, but remember watching an episode of Corporate where a protester threw a shake at CEO and it was a shake made by a company he owned.  He then went level 11 and reached out to the leader of the protest and offered to make their protest materials at a discount to turn the protest against his company into another stream of income for the company.

Some of these ideas once consolidated into list are still solid ideas even if the unfortunate reality is Snyder somehow still gets money from it.  Absolutely believe we should still go to the games to protest for maximum exposure and embarrassment.  A full stadium may help his wallet but a full stadium chanting for him to sell the team would bring a type of attention that makes it worth it.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise where is the money going to with that shirt?  Shirts are a good idea, but is that company sending any proceeds to Snyder for likeness to the Redskins?

I'm probably going to get one anyway, but remember watching an episode of Corporate where a protester threw a shake at CEO and it was a shake made by a company he owned.  He then went level 11 and reached out to the leader of the protest and offered to make their protest materials at a discount to turn the protest against his company into another stream of income for the company.

Some of these ideas once consolidated into list are still solid ideas even if the unfortunate reality is Snyder somehow still gets money from it.  Absolutely believe we should still go to the games to protest for maximum exposure and embarrassment.  A full stadium may help his wallet but a full stadium chanting for him to sell the team would bring a type of attention that makes it worth it.

Barstool does the occasional T-shirt.  They did one like that knocking Bruce last year.  I know the Redskins don't get any money for it because Nat was interviewed once about it on the radio and he joked that he runs the shirts until he gets bugged by lawyers from different teams who push him to desist.  

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise Some of these ideas once consolidated into list are still solid ideas even if the unfortunate reality is Snyder somehow still gets money from it.  Absolutely believe we should still go to the games to protest for maximum exposure and embarrassment.  A full stadium may help his wallet but a full stadium chanting for him to sell the team would bring a type of attention that makes it worth it.

Agree, especially wearing shirts like that

4 hours ago, TXRedskinsFan said:

I have never developed and executed a rally before, but I know I can do this. I WANT to do this. 

So here are the million dollar questions - 

1. To anyone's knowledge, has this been tried before? Wondering what types of obstacles I could be facing.

2. If I can lay down the logistical groundwork, anyone here want to help? I am not talking financially, just time and effort.

Do you have a twitter account?  I'd think that would be your best shot to get people.  Are you in town for the Lions game just before that?  I think the best venue to get attention would be outside the stadium because even if you are pushed out -- you still have all the media-cameras there.   

I had a feeling a change at QB or Coach might want to buy this situation some time.  If anything this strengths my resolve to make sure Haskins doesn't go to waste as I think he's this fan base last chance before point of no return.  I said that in my first thread about this, and still feel the same way.  Even if he doesn't sell the team, changes need to be made to protect this guy and this fan base

@Skinsinparadise  I stopped on my letter because its late and I'm torn between going all in for forcing a sale or getting NFL to help get Snyder someone that knows what they are doing.  The Rozell-Giants example is close, but he made the part owners make a list of people they wanted to hire and the guy they ended up hiring wasn't on the list.  I think it will be more likely to get Allen replaced then Dan to sell the team, but how do we keep this on Snyder without it going straight to just replacing Allen?

Below are some rough notes I made on a hopeful common Ten Point plan of attack plus template for the Emails to the NFL and other media outlets, I'm posting it here to see what other people think but would like to chat before I send my eventual letter.  Something has to change, and I'm not sure if we need to agree on everything versus making a common list of things for people to choose from in how they want to address this on their own terms

Primary Goal is bring attention to Snyder instead of his scapegoats for maximum embarrasment, but should selling the team be the end goal or getting NFL to help hire someone who knows what they are doing instead of letting Snyder have to find one?

Ten Points

1. Write a letter:

Stay focused on Dan, do NOT get personal or nasty

1. Bigger then losing
2. evidence of shrinking fan base
3. not investing in team properly
4. direct intervention – similar to Rozell and NY Giants
5. what’s at stake not getting involved

roger.goodell@nfl.com
Maryann.turcke@nfl.com
Brian.rolapp@nfl.com 

NFL Office
345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154
212-450-2000

2. Sell the Team Shirts - https://store.barstoolsports.com/products/sell-the-team-was-tee?variant=30296582127713

3. Sell the Team chants at FedEx – flyers with QR codes?

4. Fire Bruce campaign - https://www.change.org/p/redskins-need-to-fire-bruce-allen

5. Demand Dan give press conference with questions from press, maybe even fans?

6. End any remaining lawsuites over season tickets

7. Demand representatives withhold public funding for new stadium, non-negotiable

8. Conditions to meet before allowing land to be given for new stadium?

9. Encourage advertisers to stop dealing with Snyder and the Redskins

10. Get local reporters involved, but make this nationally about Snyder, point them to local reports outspoken about him, especially anyone he’s tried to sue (we need local sports news folks to help with this, I'm convinced of that)

My Letter – Rough Outline

1. Bigger then losing
2. evidence of shrinking fan base
    -89,625 in 2005 average attendance, down to 29th in the NFL at 60,719 going into last home game of 2018
    -not a single redskins player in top 50 jersey sales according to NFLPA - https://www.nflpa.com/players/top-50-player-sales-list-fy20-q1 
    -The Redskins rank 28th in attendance and last in percentage of capacity filled this season (2018). Their average local TV rating for Fox broadcasts this season is 17.7, down more than 31 percent from RGIII's rookie season. 
    Cowboys games are outdrawing Redskins games in ratings in DC now (from 2018)
-The Redskins-Giants game on Fox got a 14.0 rating in the DC market. 
* The Eagles-Cowboys game, also on Fox, got a 19.8 rating in the DC market.
    This was for a game we got blown out at home 40-16, down 34-0 nothing at half

3. not investing in team properly or fan experience (training facilities, scouting department, no shuttle from metro to stadium?, metro stops running before night games end)
4. direct intervention – similar to Rozell and NY Giants
    -state of the Giants at the time for comparison, risk of team in largest market locked in girdlock and failure
    -acknowledge Young wasn’t on either list of candidates - https://www.nytimes.com/1979/02/15/archives/george-young-is-appointed-general-manager-of-giants-dolphins-aide.html
    -Give press conference with questions plus apology for suing people who could keep season tickets and drop remaining cases to start repair relationship with fan base - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html
    -
5. what’s at stake not getting involved

Links I'm pulling from for my letter:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/a-once-proud-franchise-the-redskins-are-showing-signs-of-foundational-cracks/2018/12/29/c5194e90-0b8d-11e9-85b6-41c0fe0c5b8f_story.html

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/758502-dan-snyder-why-the-redskins-owner-is-most-hated-man-in-franchise-history

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13039846/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

https://www.nflpa.com/players/top-50-player-sales-list-fy20-q1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/mike-jones/2019/09/27/nfl-redskins-deepening-dysfunction-all-comes-back-daniel-snyder/3778860002/

QR Codes I created for eventual flyers

https://store.barstoolsports.com/products/sell-the-team-was-tee?variant=30296582127713

SellTeamshirt_QR.png.f5ea58c74d5f339ed8ed90c3cb198036.png

https://www.change.org/p/redskins-need-to-fire-bruce-allen

FireBruce_QR.png.8ed768639b41d916ec629e5b40bf9033.png

https://www.qr-code-generator.com/

@TK if you feel this is getting inappropriate, ill stop and find another way.  I always did wonder what would happen if the official team message board was used in anyway to organize a protest againt the team owner, more out of concern then anything else if it got to that point and what snyder would do

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise  I stopped on my letter because its late and I'm torn between going all in for forcing a sale or getting NFL to help get Snyder someone that knows what they are doing.  The Rozell-Giants example is close, but he made the part owners make a list of people they wanted to hire and the guy they ended up hiring wasn't on the list.  I think it will be more likely to get Allen replaced then Dan to sell the team, but how do we keep this on Snyder without it going straight to just replacing Allen?

Some good stuff there, I haven't done anything yet but I will.  I am still thinking some.  In the mix of things I am wondering about is writing to Gibbs.

It may sound weird but tell me what you think?

Dan by many accounts listens to Gibbs.  And listening to Gibbs over the years, he loves to tout the Redskins fans and say we are the best.  Listening to recent interviews I don't think he gets the depth of the issues with the fan base.  Also he seems to back the status quo -- first Vinny and I think now Bruce.  I don't think he understands that fans are fed about with how things are run.  And Gibbs seems to be part (according to some beat guys) of Dan's occasional brainstorming).  the other guy weirdly would be Alex Smith. For some odd reason from what I've read Alex has been a part of Dan's inner circle.  And Alex is a smart dude.

The angle for either wouldn't be Dan selling the team but why are fans fed up and  that's why they want him to do it.  

After looking at the thread title, I stopped for a moment and thought about it.

Honestly, no, its nowhere close to being enough to force Snyder to sell the team.

The NFL has rules and guidelines, and until Snyder repeatedly breaks these rules, the league has nothing to say to him.

Just because he is a complete moron and the front office personnel are dumb as dirt and the coaching staff, trainers, strength & conditioning personnel are absolutely horrible, it is nothing but an example to others of how NOT to run an organization.

The Redskins are the new " Bay of Pigs ", i.e.; Green Bay and Tampa Bay of the 90's.

The thing Snyder has to come to grips with is that everything below him needs to go. I would include Snyder in this group ONLY if the new owner agrees to never giving up the team name or colors, but in today's pansy society, I don't see that happening.

There are very few people on earth Snyder would really take the advice of, Gibbs being one of them, but Gibbs is too religious a person to tell Snyder how it is or talk bad enough about Allen to get him canned.

The only thing that may possibly work would be an absolute negative campaign city-wide, big newspaper articles, billboards, talk shows, petition letters, the whole 9 yards, because that's what it might take to separate Bruce Allen from Snyder, if at all possible. The other pieces would be a much easier task once Allen is gone, but it is going to take some doings to get through Snyder's thick skull that Bruce Allen is a horrible NFL person with an equally horrible NFL career and he MUST be fired; not demoted in any way, not re-assigned, not re-titled, but completely removed from ANYTHING Redskins-oriented.

A real GM with a strong personality can put Snyder in his place while getting him to understand he needs to just take a 2 year long vacation away from this organization. Finding this person is a different story...

Pipedreams, TheDan not only won't listen, he CAN'T listen, I think he is incapable of admitting to himself that HE is the problem.

This won't get better while he holds the team, period.

But yanno what's funny? Remember how wound up everyone was over Cerrato? AAAHAHAHAHAHA! Good times, dontcha wish it was only that bad?

19 minutes ago, profusion said:

Forget t-shirts and boycotts. 

I say don't forget anything. ALL of these efforts are important and can do something. 

Every time this comes up (which is often, because Redskins), there are always people chiming in with the "This will never work," "What a waste of time" comments. Ignore those people. If you're passionate enough to make your voice heard, do whatever it takes to make it happen. It all adds up. The truth is, of course, it may NOT work, but sometimes, as they say, a lost cause is the only one worth fighting for. It's damn sure better than sitting in the shadows and doing nothing other than criticizing those doing something. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Have a parade for our forthcoming 0-16 season and #1 overall pick...

Before the season I didn't think 0-16 was even remotely possible.  Not sure I do now either but I can easily see 2-14.  In an odd way it might be the best thing that can happen to this franchise for multiple reasons.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The angle for either wouldn't be Dan selling the team but why are fans fed up and  that's why they want him to do it.  

I'm not sold Gibbs doesnt know how bad this is, more likely he doesnt want to publicly criticize Snyder because that's just not his mo.  I think we should reach out to him, but more so to change his mind on that stance, because I believe hes giving advice to Snyder and Snyder like any leader is deciding which advice to act on.  

It's really time for the Redskins greats to step in here and be more open about this, stop coming in to say how we have the best fan base in the world on homecoming games in a half empty stadium like everything is fine.  Everything is not fine.

38 minutes ago, profusion said:

Forget t-shirts and boycotts. The only way to get Snyder's attention is to make sure that none of our local politicians approve or pay for a stadium. Sounds like that's pretty much the case now, but vigilance is needed.

My goal is making a list of ways for people to choose from.  If you choose going after your representatives, good, do that, but dont make it harder then it already is to convince people to try other means of applying pressure.  I'm on record saying he shouldnt get public funding for a stadium, no conditions for changing my mind.  We want him to change on something if he isnt going to sell, why would he if only method we choose is one the public is saying no to under any condition?

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Pipedreams, TheDan not only won't listen, he CAN'T listen, I think he is incapable of admitting to himself that HE is the problem.

This won't get better while he holds the team, period.

But yanno what's funny? Remember how wound up everyone was over Cerrato? AAAHAHAHAHAHA! Good times, dontcha wish it was only that bad?

I do not understand coming in this thread to complain about nothing will change so it's not worth trying then complaining in every other thread that nothing is changing.  That's like being pissed at the government and refusing to vote because you think your vote wont matter.

I can see the arguement for one vote, but when 100,000 people feel that way, that's a lot or voices no one hears because they dont believe anyone is listening.  At some point yall have to realize that people are counting on that to continue getting away with what they are doing.

Some of yall write the equivalent of a letter with every other post.  All I'm asking is jus email one to the NFL.  If that's how you feel, tell them that.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

A real GM with a strong personality can put Snyder in his place while getting him to understand he needs to just take a 2 year long vacation away from this organization. Finding this person is a different story...

This is why I'm at the point of asking the NFL to help him find one.  If we admit he doesnt know what hes looking for, at least ask the NFL to offer some advice.  I saw the commission idea thrown around a lot, does the NFL have an equivalent for assessing a team for recommendations if an owners asking for one?  If they dontz shouldn't they make one?

Some interesting stuff here

...There is evidence to suggest that Gruden’s tenure represents close to the best that Washington can be with Snyder and Allen living in their aloof bubble. That sounds ludicrous at first, then sobering, then mortifying.

A firing is supposed to be an opportunity to foster new hope. Good luck with that. The Redskins figure to dismiss Gruden soon, but the organizational stench shall remain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/jay-gruden-will-be-fired-but-he-may-be-the-best-man-for-this-particularly-awful-job/2019/09/30/2f98e174-e36d-11e9-a331-2df12d56a80b_story.html

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

I say don't forget anything. ALL of these efforts are important and can do something. 

I was being flip, but I stand by my point.

As long as opposing fans are willing to attend games at FedEx Field and those revenue-sharing checks keep clearing, Snyder won't give two bits about what you and I think or say.

The ONLY leverage the locals have is the stadium. As long as the Redskins brand is toxic here, politicians are going to stay far away.

Heck, JKC had a devil of a time getting a stadium proposal through all the NIMBYism, and that was when the Skins were a local treasure. Snyder needs to turn things around quickly if he wants a new stadium. I can see the league quietly pushing him if he continues to sit on his hands.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I do not understand coming in this thread to complain about nothing will change so it's not worth trying then complaining in every other thread that nothing is changing.  That's like being pissed at the government and refusing to vote because you think your vote wont matter.

I can see the arguement for one vote, but when 100,000 people feel that way, that's a lot or voices no one hears because they dont believe anyone is listening.  At some point yall have to realize that people are counting on that to continue getting away with what they are doing.

Some of yall write the equivalent of a letter with every other post.  All I'm asking is jus email one to the NFL.  If that's how you feel, tell them that.

No prob, I hear ya, I'm not saying nothing will work, just that "ooOOoooh I'm unhappy" emails won't.

Of course, there are several good (people in uniforms knockin at my door) reasons why I can't suggest what would.........

Archived