Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to go Nuclear on Snyder???

Renegade7

Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Is there strong enough case to get owners to force Snyder to sell the team???

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • This is so bad we need to move this thread to tailgate to fully discuss it

The sad fact is that we as fans will have very little impact on what the NFL league will do regarding and performance of an owner (unless he/she breaks the law). I used to live in Cincinnati and as many here probably already now, the Bengals have been as perennially bad a team as the Skins are now. Their owner, Mike Brown was and still is one of the most hated owners in the league.

About 20 or so years ago, long suffering fans there decided to try and get the NFL to take some sort of action to force Mike Brown to either improve his ownership of the team or better yet, to sell it. They started a letter writing campaign to the NFL and also started a website called mikebrownsucks.com as another method to try and galvanize fans.

None of it really worked. The website got sued by the NFL and the letter writing campaign failed, although I’m not sure either the website or the effort was as well constructed and executed as it might have been. As mentioned previously in this thread, I’m not sure what options we as fans have in “going nuclear” on an owner. There really as no basis for the NFL to “fire” an owner simply as a result of fans’ displeasure with them.

The remnants of the mikebrownsucks.com website still exist if anyone is interested in reviewing what happened there. Not much is left of it but some of the details of the NFL’s lawsuit against the website are still there if anyone is interested.

As I said earlier, none if the fans’ protests really worked. Mike Brown is still there and the Bengals still suck. The sad fact is that while there are some good owners (like the Rooney family in Pittsburgh) many NFL owners are real tools. I read somewhere recently that Snyder is now considered to be the worst owner in ALL of pro-sports and not just in the NFL.

When Snyder first started to buy the team, a number of NFL owners opposed the sale of the team to him based on things they already knew about him. Unfortunately there were not enough of them to block the sale. Would that the other NFL owners at the time had been as prescient about him as that group was. Unfortunately it's too late now that he already owns the team. 

Still, it probably can’t hurt to start a protest campaign by the fans against Snyder as long as it is done effectively and legally and expectations aren’t too high. On the other hand, I know of an auto junkyard where you can go give them $10, they give you a sledge hammer, take you to a car that’s about to go in the crusher and let you have at it for an hour to take out your frustrations. That might be equally as effective!  🙂

Somebody should find a prominent billboard on the freeway somewhere that isn't being used, get the price, and ask Redskins fans for donations instead of spending that money on the team.

Put up a sign to show the entire region how we really feel about Snyder and his buffoonery.

I'm sure it'll get a lot of attention.

I'd throw in 100 bucks. That's a start. 1 fan of 100s of thousands.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Renegade7 said:

That distinction is important in regards to numbers.  Most I talk to believe he should go, most I talk dont want him but always in a joking, trash talking manner.  I dont think the conversation has ever be phrased in the in the context of supporting getting rid of him because of stuff like hes suing season ticket holders into bankruptcy. 

We dont know if our rival fans would get in the way of a protest because we havent asked them, far as they are concerned we arent serious about it anyway and consider the situation hopeless as well, that's from going to the games and talking about this.  Would a stadium full of fans chanting to sell the team get countered by a louder chant to keep it?  I dont think so. That doesnt mean there wont be some that playfully do, but we've never taken this protest idea to the point of being taken seriously.

Theres really only one way to find out.  Some things are bigger then wins and loses, and even DC cowboys fans that picked them because of how Snyder is running the Redskins understand that.

I guess I'm just confused.  Your post, at least to me, read like you felt like our rivals WANT Snyder gone, not think he is a bad owner

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This tweet makes no sense.. if its that bad, of course we want it to come to light... why do people still think this fanbase cares about the franchise looking bad? we're already more than aware of the ****tyness of this franchise

Dan Snyder is the biggest coward of an owner in NFL history. How can he sit back and let Bruce answer questions in his place...and Bruce isn't even answering them. He stood up at the podium and refused to apologize to the fans even when prompted to with a question. Bruce is playing us all for fools. I have no respect for him or Daniel Snyder. This is the most challenged I have ever been to be a Redskins fan. I hope people stop paying to see this team and stop supporting this organization until Snyder steps up and takes responsibility for this mess. 

8 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Can't aruge with a poll of 63 people.  That's 37 away from family fued numbers right there.

Theres more votes, but all related to apathy in some way.  Think we started with would they get in the way, the answer from thisband personal experience is "no"

@SonnySideUp thanks for the Bengals example, I'll look into that.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres more votes, but all related to apathy in some way.  Think we started with would they get in the way, the answer from thisband personal experience is "no"

I guess I'll have to respectfully agree to disagree.  I can totatlly see cowboys fans trolling us chanting "Keep the team"

Edit:

Here we go, in the book of daniel

MAILBAG ANGLE NO. 2: Innocent Bystanders Either Delighting in the Schadenfreude or Feeling Weirdly Terrible for What’s Happening

Two solid email examples here …

Michael W. in Bethesda: “As a non-Skins fan living outside DC, I hope Snyder never sells. I love turning on the radio every monday morning and listening to everyone talk about how embarrassing the team is, and how terribly they lost, all while managing to blame anything and everything except the Snyder himself (on a radio station that, surprise, SNYDER OWNS HIMSELF!). Nothing makes the start of my week better than the unintentional comedy that is the Washington Native American Slurs.”

I know that is only one example, but for him to mention it as one of two major catagories of emails from non Redskins fans.... you know there are a LOT more that feel that way.

10 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I guess I'll have to respectfully agree to disagree.  I can totatlly see cowboys fans trolling us chanting "Keep the team"

Of course there will be more, but how many will actually do that?  All the cowboys fans in the stadium?  Enough you cant hear the redskins fans?  That poll I did was I  a facebook group of over 30k people, most opposing fans dont care enough to get involved, that's the point.  My cousin wants to help me, hes a Falcons fan who flipped because how bad the redskins are, this affects the whole DC area regardless of who you are a fan of.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Of course there will be more, but how many will actually do that?  All the cowboys fans in the stadium?  Enough you cant hear the redskins fans?  That poll I did was I  a facebook group of over 30k people, most fans dont care enough to get involved, that's the point.  My cousin wants to help me, hes a Falcons fan who flipped because how bad the redskins are, this affects the whole DC area regardless of who you are a fan of.

Again, I respect your POV and I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.  No need to bore everyone else with our back and forth on this matter :)

I will ask though, when you say flipped, I'm assuming hes a former Redskins fan?  If that's the case, then I wouldn't count him as a non fan because he has history of the team and potentially a vested interest getting back to his roots.

3 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Again, I respect your POV and I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.  No need to bore everyone else with our back and forth on this matter :)

I will ask though, when you say flipped, I'm assuming hes a former Redskins fan?  If that's the case, then I wouldn't count him as a non fan because he has history of the team and potentially a vested interest getting back to his roots.

That's actually fair, but they you have to keep in mind how many cowboys fans in the area are former Redskins fans.  I'm cool with agreeing to disagree, but know this will come up again.

Speaking of opposing fans: I don't think I've ever come across an NFL venue where anyone had anything good to say about Dan Snyder. Go to the NFL subreddit and search "Dan Snyder." It is a virtually universal opinion that Dan Snyder is not only a terrible TEAM owner but a ghoulish person. Even rival fans seem to want this man gone.

This quote is taken from an Eagles fan from the r/NFL subreddit about the Gruden firing, in context to how Gruden has the most wins out of any head coach under the Snyder era and 2nd highest win% after Gibbs:

”I don’t understand how you guys aren’t bringing lynch mobs to his door. If he owned the Eagles I think we’d bury his limo with him alive inside a la Dolan’s Cadillac.”

Our fanbase is soft compared to others. Even Eagles fans are in disbelief how we let this dumpster of an organization off the hook.

5 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

This quote is taken from an Eagles fan from the r/NFL subreddit about the Gruden firing, in context to how Gruden has the most wins out of any head coach under the Snyder era and 2nd highest win% after Gibbs:

”I don’t understand how you guys aren’t bringing lynch mobs to his door. If he owned the Eagles I think we’d bury his limo with him alive inside a la Dolan’s Cadillac.”

Our fanbase is soft compared to others. Even Eagles fans are in disbelief how we let this dumpster of an organization off the hook.

Which is another reason I dont think they'll get in our way, they waiting on us to do something cause it's not their place

7 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Someone will take the job. There are only 32 of them, they pay really, really well and there aren't any more of them.

It just won't be anyone any good unless the FO wisens up or luck into someone.

Bruce Allen is notably cheap.

Don't expect the next HC to get paid 5M/year, especially with Gruden still in the books next year.

Archived