Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Can't Win With These Coaches

desertbeagle85

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Guice missed some lanes for sure but he also displayed some power and quickness. I think he'll get better with more carries. The Eagles front is tough too and were clearly selling out to stop the run, at least early on.

LOL did he?

I would like to see those lanes he missed with the whole 10 carries he had. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You have to factor in also that the Eagles front is very good. But we held up protection wise for the most part.

I don't get why we always just blitz one guy and he comes from like 20 yards away. Why not do what other teams do and line 2-3 guys right up on the line? Have some stunts and crosses. We don't ever do anything creative.

Yep. I think Peters was out for a few series. I was screaming for ManU to stunt on his replacement.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

That number would probably be higher without the holding penalties and if the Redskins could have kept a drive going in the second half.  

I will keep beating this drum, if we didn’t ALWAYS run on first down, both the running and passing games would be better.  

Im not asking for anything earth shattering, just flip the order of your first and second down plays about 30% of the time.  

Maybe I can pay off the down/distance guy to just put up a “2” on first down every now and then, and a “1” on second down, that might fix a good bit of the problem.  

So here's a list of bull**** to ponder over:

1. We have a new OC, but Gruden is the playcaller. Survey says!!! BULL****!!!!

2. You have a first ballot HOFer that won offensive player of year for your team last year. You placed him on the inactive for a guy (who I like btw) that hasn't played a down. Oh and you did it because you were afraid of old ass Sproles. Survey ****ing says......BULL**** MINDSET.

and last but now least....

3. Deshean Jackson is known for one ****ing thing!!! But you don't roll coverage his way and allow the Eagle's only deep threat to get behind the defense. Survey says!!! WET BULL****!!!

1 hour ago, profusion said:

This has all been hashed out here many times. Gruden is a mediocre HC who has made poor defensive coaching hires. He's just good enough to take the Redskins to .500. Their problems aren't all his fault, though, and firing him won't solve the main problems.

I disagree.

I believe McVay with his staff would have won that game up 20-7 at halftime? Hell, if Peterson and his staff was coaching this team, they would have won this game.

32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Back to CT.......so......are we totally mis-using this guy or is this another case of "Since he's a 'Skin, we have overrated him"  I know he has been very good in short stints when not hurt, but compare him to a guy like Sproles, who is 36, but still out there making his presence felt.  CT is built similarly, and should be getting used like that, but Gruden never seems to have plays drawn up specifically for CT.  No screens, HB tosses, etc etc.....whenever CT does get into the game it seems to be just another rush up the middle as a "change of pace"   I can't figure out if the fans just think he is better than he is, or if this is another case of WTF Gruden?

I've been seeing this for years. Thompson is good in a specific role when healthy. But they don't use him in that role. They like to run him up the middle on 3rd and short for some reason. Every time I see one of these runs, all I can think about is how we are going to wear out that guy. When they do get him in space, he's usually great. But that only seems to last a few plays like you mentioned. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We absolutely can win with these coaches.

We just need to be more aggressive when we take a lead, and not play scared with a lead.

So we can't win with these coaches. You're talking about what this coaching staff should be doing after 5+ years of calling the same mediocre game.

This coaching staff if pretty good at scripting the first 15. After that, they're lost. They lack the ability to match the flow of the game.

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Macluski has never been the answer. Just another legacy hire to suck fans in and appease them after we couldn’t get a real DC to come here. He was never qualified to be DC and he’s been in over his head from day 1. 

Jay was always a nepotism hire, amidst a fraudulent coaching search. They wanted him from the get-go because of the Tampa connection. Anybody that believes after 5 years that Jay is a SB quality coach is watching a different sport than I am. He doesn’t have it. I think everyone sees it but they’re content with mediocrity and this is what you get. 

I thought after Gruden’s first season that he was horrible.  Nothing about him is HC material.

Anyone who still backs Gruden at this point is just insane crazy.  I mean its 6 years of the exact same stuff, and the last gasp excuse being used of "Gruden is fine, its just his defensive coaches" is insane because... GRUDEN LITERALLY CHOOSES THE DEFENSIVE COACHES!!!

Any man who would choose Jim Haslett, Joe Barry, and Greg Manusky as his 3 Defensive Coordinators should be committed to an institution immediately.

Was anyone at this game who could comment on what the vibe was on our sideline? Was there any urgency when things were slipping away? Were the coaches rounding guys up on the sideline to work on adjustments, or just to chew them out a bit and light a fire under them?  Does this staff actually do any coaching during the game? 

Just say a stat on MNF. The Patriots core staff has been together for 18 years. But they've been winning for that time. This staff is the opposite on so many levels.

Oh btw, the Pats defense just brought a blitz on 3rd and 15. Caused the QB to rush his throw. What a ****ing concept.

9 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Was anyone at this game who could comment on what the vibe was on our sideline? Was there any urgency when things were slipping away? Were the coaches rounding guys up on the sideline to work on adjustments, or just to chew them out a bit and light a fire under them?  Does this staff actually do any coaching during the game? 

One guy was really happy that Keenum kept talking to the OC so...ask him maybe, apparently Kevin O'Connell was coaching his ass off or something

To me Desean Jackson comments about he has in the Redskins locker before and knew that they thought the have won when the 20 -7 is a reflection of conservative Jay refusing to change.I believe that Manusky is a big problem but I am beginning to wonder how much of the soft zone no blitzing on passong down defense is a reflection of conservative Jay.This guy needs to change his demeanor right now.We aren't the most talented team and if are going to win some games this year we need alot more aggressive playing calling on both sides of the ball.Not blitzing on 3rd downs and throwing screens to your TE on third downs is just flatout idiotic.

51 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I believe McVay with his staff would have won that game up 20-7 at halftime? Hell, if Peterson and his staff was coaching this team, they would have won this game.

I mean, 20-7 isn't exactly a holy **** we're blowing them out lead.  Its a nice little lead, we just aren't used to that lol.

Im okay with the other team fighting back, hell even taking the 1 point lead.  But our team was literally on the field for 5 minutes in that second half.  Everything failed, miserably and most importantly , PREDICTABLY.  We all saw it coming, and we all expect it to happen next time.  It says a lot when redskins fans aren't comfortable until we're up by 35 points.  Say what we will about Dan and Bruce but that line of thinking we have has been a Jay thing.  We sucked before, but now we show flashes that just set up embarrassing comebacks.  I'm finally putting on Jay.  New coach please ;(

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I will keep beating this drum, if we didn’t ALWAYS run on first down, both the running and passing games would be better.  

In the 2nd half we ran 10 plays (discounting punts/penalties) in the first 27 minutes. Jay is to halftime adjustments as Caligula is to romance. 

Up 17 to **** our dumbassness showed up and we let DJax get over the top. Norman has no business running with semi-fast guys let alone Desean ****ing Jackson.

Moses either held or false started at crucial times as usual to put the put us in minus down and distance.

Did Kerigan play today?? Reed???? Trent???? Smith???? Did Landon keep DJax from getting in the endzone or the eagles running game from churning in the second half???

We have the worst cap management in the league. Thats why we suck. We pay the wrong guys the big bucks.

2 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Up 17 to **** our dumbassness showed up and we let DJax get over the top. Norman has no business running with semi-fast guys let alone Desean ****ing Jackson.

What were the odds that Philly would look to throw the ball when trailing 17-0? Sometimes you just tip your cap to the innovative minds that catch you by surprise.

Look at this!!! He will never ever question his instinct to run so often on 1st down. Never. He doesn't think it's up for debate, he thinks it's settled science and it only comes down to beating the man in front of you or not...not whether you should do it at all or not. 

He's so ****ing flippant about it, I want to punch him. 

Archived