Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The State of the Economy Thread - “Falling inflation, rising growth give U.S. the world’s best recovery”

PleaseBlitz

On 3/24/2020 at 11:53 AM, Larry said:

Yeah.  Seems like the only (previously unrecognized third-world) country where they aren't even discussing that option is the richest one.  And the one which, a few weeks ago, was being loudly told that deficits, no matter how large, are completely meaningless, as long as they help the economy by some amount, no matter how small.  

FTFY

On 3/25/2020 at 8:46 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

we have no evidence that deficit spending hurts anything.... personally I think the wage guarantees sound reasonable.

Except when Democrats are in office. Yeah, Dick Cheney beat you to that one.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:01 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

no. Because keeping people employed results in multiple $1200 checks.

So, how do you think it would affect your business if your employees started showing up smelling like homeless people because they couldn’t pay their mortgage/bills? And how many of those stinky employees will you be able to even keep on the payroll when they and people like them aren’t able to buy whatever goods/services you’re selling? Even more critically, how long do you think it’ll take the bank to call your loans and/or pull your line of credit because they need the cash they’re not getting from bad loans?

The only case you’ve made is what I’ve said all along. The $1K that RMoney proposed that increased to $1200 isn’t enough to make much of a difference. If my wife and I both loose our jobs, we’ll default on everything and move to her family’s land. Other folks will be homeless. The common denominator is that none of us will be able to afford to buy 💩. That means you and the rest of the “job creators” will join us in penury before it’s all over. The good news is that the super “job creators”, i.e. the 1% who are too precious to pay taxes or living wages will be OK though.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Some discussion got moved over here from the COVID19 thread. 

Its easy to ignore the social net when you don't need the social net.  As we go into April and May, I am going to be curious how many people who haven't relied on the social net find it... as well as how many people find minimim wage to be too.  

Lifecycle of a Mazda dealership:

07: Dealers close, acquire point and move it in to existing Lincoln-Mercury store.

08: Sell L-M back to Ford, acquire Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge.  Mazda hanging.

Nov 09:  Move the Mazda point over into the old Jeep store.  Huge facility.  Giant nut.

09-11:  Slowly build the biz.  Month by month.  Skeleton crew.  70 hour weeks.  Obamacare. Tread water.

12-17:  Get paid.  Step back.  Enjoy prosperity.

18-19:  Economy is good but we’re losing money.  Should we cut staff?  Excessive Maga?

20:  COVID. MAGA. THE END. Our margins are thin in the best of times.  Took a $100K loss in March.  Gonna take a $200K loss at best in April.  The banks and the SBA are on board.  We can survive until July...theoretically.

But we won’t.  The economy will end up functioning like an ICU triage.  Survivors will be picked.

Catch my resume in 2021, I guess.

• Sad 6