Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

Just now, PotomacGator said:

I don’t care if it’s preseason: at every level, on every squad, start to finish, this team looks bad.

Think only exception is our starting defense, but I'm concerned about the lack of attempts to get intentional pressure.  They are going to get worn the hell out if they don't everything they can to get off the field and get the offense the ball back.

1st, 2nd team D looked solid.

Offense still looks putrid.

Haskins looked like a rookie again. His accuracy is a bit worrisome, but he did have a beautiful long ball for a TD. Still, he doesn't look like he's going to be ready for regular season play this year. Looks like a project.

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

This is all in response to the non call in the Saints Rams NFC Championship last year.

Another new rule this year, they didn't bother to tell ANYONE about, is a receiver is not allowed to attempt to catch a slightly underthrown ball, or else it's OPI.

What game or play was that new rule based upon ?

I wonder what is going through Dan’s head.  Understanding it’s just a useless preseason game and the score doesn’t matter.  

But I wonder if he thinks the team “is close.” Or if he’s starting to feel like Bruce has sold him a bill of goods.  

I wonder what Bruce is thinking.  Actually, I don’t.  He’s thinking of a way to pin this on Jay and hire another coach and get another 2-3 years out of that.

I wonder what Jay is this thinking.  Whether he is trying to come up with the best situation to win or just trying to fit his system and then say he wasn’t given enough tools.

I really hope Dan is starting to feel like he just needs a change because what they are doing is not working. 

2 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

I don’t care if it’s preseason: at every level, on every squad, start to finish, this team looks bad.

I saw some good stuff. 

This is the one game a year where you get an L due to the refs. I mean there are differing levels of bad throughout the season but this is the one where it's just atrocious and every critical call goes to the opposing teams. 

Good teams in the NFL don't win these games either. 

Archived