Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

11 hours ago, redskins59 said:

I am no expert on radiation, but let's say we nuke Iran.  Will some of that radiation travel to Europe? Europe isn't too far. India and Pakistan are pretty close by. Russia is right there. China not too far.  Iran seems to be in the middle of everywhere.

As at least a semi-expert on radiation, the short answer is “yes”.  But there is so much that goes into it that makes it impossible to say how much, what kind, how long, and to what effect that radiation would have.  Also they yield of the weapon, the weather at the time, where the weapon is exploded, etc would affect the effects of the weapon.  But if I were to guess, we won’t go to that level.   Many reasons why but the biggest one is pissing off the rest of the world (ecological impact being the biggest thing in my mind) far beyond what Trump normally does.

Problem is the type of person that Trump is, if he decided to nuke Iran, he wouldn’t just do so in the smallest manner possible to achieve a desired effect.  He’d want the biggest, baddest bomb we have to compensate for his small penis.  And we got some big ass bombs.

5 hours ago, Larry said:

My observation of Iran's ability to affect oil prices involved their ability to do things like sink a few tankers in the persian gulf.  They can disrupt the flow of other people's oil than their own.  

That won’t do that.  They so far at least seem smart enough to know that we are the ones who look bad here and they need to keep it that way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That won’t do that.  They so far at least seem smart enough to know that we are the ones who look bad here and they need to keep it that way.

You saying that Iran is better at PR than Trump?  :) 

I wish people would stop trying to understand Trump's motives through political reasoning.

He's a gangster.  This Iranian General was killed cause he knew too much.  What he knew about Trump, should be everybody's focus.  Follow the money, they say....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is no conceivable way to deescalate this madness at this point. Empty statements wont do anything to help and they know that. This is what I hate about politics. I'm not sure what they could do, but I assume they know that statements like that do nothing but shield them politically from whatever is coming. There is not a single world leader I trust in at this stage, and that worries me deeply. I used to be able to convince myself that whatever happened, I was safe here as America would at least put its people first. No way can I trust in that now. 

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

I wish people would stop trying to understand Trump's motives through political reasoning.

He's a gangster.  This Iranian General was killed cause he knew too much.  What he knew about Trump, should be everybody's focus.  Follow the money, they say....

I mean, do you have some sort of evidence to support that? There's plenty to criticize without making **** up out of the blue.

• Like 3

Yea, im pretty sure that hawks in his administration inserted this option into his presentation on options for responding to the embassy attack and this was simply the most sparkled option.  And you know, post people hear the exciting stuff first, “We could kill a high ranking general”. but then start playing with their phone, browser twitter perhaps, once people start talking about then operational aspect of doing something, including what ever the consequences will be.....

Thats probably simplest explanation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, do you have some sort of evidence to support that? There's plenty to criticize without making **** up out of the blue.

Not really, just a gut instinct.  Having lived in a 3rd world country, Im pretty familiar with the modus operandi of these type of people -- gangsters in government.  The only people they see as threats are those that directly threaten their personal business interests (they dont give a damn about threats to the country), and when they kill, its to hush someone up, get rid of a rival, or get rid of a threat 

For example, Kissinger and Bolton are evil SOBs ,but they arent just gangsters like Trump.  Somewhere in their twisted minds, they actually believe they are protecting the country.  Not Trump.

Anyhow, the only evidence I have is some article that linked the Trump organization to some money laundering operation run by an accolyte of Soleimani that was trying to acquire ICBM technology.  Apparently he couldnt get any US organization to do the laundering, except Trump which was considering it as late as 2016, but apparently dropped it once he got in office.  Or say they say.  My hypothesis is they didnt really drop it,  and thats why this general is dead.  Or something like that.  Point is, we need to investigate everything Trump does, with the assumption of a criminal motive.  The link to this article is on reddit worldnews page somewhere, 1st page I think, Ill look it up at some point today.       

Edit:  Never mind, just scroll up and read Cooked Crack's posts.  Thats what those posts are referring to.  Basically, Trump organization may have laundered money to help Iran get ICBM parts and technology.  Waaaay bigger than Ukraine, this is flat out treason-hang-him kinda stuff.  

Edited by Koala

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Just heard on MoJoe that the attack on the city of Atlanta's computers was "of Iranian origin". :angry:

Im just waiting for Trump to say, "Itd be a shame if the Iranians hacked our elections <wink wink>"

It’s amazing what a lying, corrupt cluster **** the GOP has become. They really don’t care about laws or international treaties. There should be wide condemnation on Trump doubling down on committing a war crime. 

46 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, im pretty sure that hawks in his administration inserted this option into his presentation on options for responding to the embassy attack and this was simply the most sparkled option.  And you know, post people hear the exciting stuff first, “We could kill a high ranking general”. but then start playing with their phone, browser twitter perhaps, once people start talking about then operational aspect of doing something, including what ever the consequences will be.....

Thats probably simplest explanation. 

I would be willing to bet money on that. And who is going to tell the President to get off of his phone during his intelligence briefing? No one. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

It’s amazing what a lying, corrupt cluster **** the GOP has become. They really don’t care about laws or international treaties. There should be wide condemnation on Trump doubling down on committing a war crime. 

Im really curious on if the GOP every really stood for anything or if its always been a game and they just dont need to hide it anymore cause the Fox thing worked. 

The saddest thing about this dog wagging is that if Trump wanted a distraction all he had to do was send and play up aid to Australia.

Instead, he is escalating things in the region and threatening to commit war crimes while one of our closest allies burns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koala said:

........ This Iranian General was killed cause he knew too much.  What he knew about Trump, should be everybody's focus.  Follow the money, they say....

Won't quibble over what Trump is,  but seriously this is what you believe is the reason he was killed?

45 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Committing a war crime? When did he do that?  (Although you did get me to quickly double check this mornings headlines).

Edited by nonniey

I assume what Hersh means is that he is doubling down on PLANNING to commit a war crime, based on the fact he said he's strike cultural sites, it was pointed out that would be a war crime, and he said he'd still strike the sites.

While actually committing the crimes is worse than threatening, it's still reprehensible to even threaten, kind of like saying you'll use Sarin gas on a major city if you don't do what we say.

• Like 1