Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Easy to forget how we got here. I almost forgot about the Iran deal. Warren is probably right. A lot of the more recent things the General did he wouldn’t have done if the deal was still in place.

I was reflecting that once upon a time, a Dem President successfully negotiated a deal in which the US lifted sanctions on NK.  And in exchange, NK shut down the nuclear reactor that was making Plutonium, (and halted construction on the two they were building), and allowed international inspection to make sure.  

And then a Republican came along, announced that he wasn't going to stick with the dean that that icky Dem negotiated.  He re-imposed sanctions, called them a lot of bad names, and then didn't even attempt to negotiate a deal to replace the one he'd thrown out.  

And NK developed a nuclear bomb.  

And now, we're trying the same thing, with Iran.  

And here y'all thought trickle down economics was the only stupid thing that the Republicans keep doing, even though it didn't work, last time.  

2 hours ago, visionary said:

I dunno.  Is "We're going to ask the other guys to give us 48 hours to bomb our own bases as we leave" an exit strategy?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Inside the Plot by Iran’s Soleimani to Attack US Forces in Iraq: Reuters

https://www.theepochtimes.com/inside-the-plot-by-irans-soleimani-to-attack-us-forces-in-iraq_3193872.html

Yeah, I'm not clicking on that website. Not surprising you linking to it. Instead of some kooky website maybe actually post this Reuters piece.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

lol. I linked to this sketchy site but y'all should find the thing on your own.

Copy and search the first line if you need to to protect your sensibilities ...surely you can do that?

image.png.cb476e6087102cd84b55a03947e2ad25.png

image.png.30ce1f51e519128a909c04afa4b2ffe0.png

How can Soleimani be the main figure behind Benghazi when the main group behind the attack was Ansal al-Sharia, which is a Salafi-Jihadist group?  Salafi-Jihadism is strictly Sunni.  This seems like a conspiracy theory to me.  The article is here (written by a conservative author):

https://nypost.com/2014/06/20/how-irans-spy-chief-paid-for-the-benghazi-attack/

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

(written by a conservative author):

A Nobel peace prize nominee sound better?

if you can't get past your idea the Shia and Sunni can't work together we are wasting our time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

How can Soleimani be the main figure behind Benghazi when the main group behind the attack was Ansal al-Sharia, which is a Salafi-Jihadist group?  Salafi-Jihadism is strictly Sunni.  This seems like a conspiracy theory to me.  The article is here (written by a conservative author):

https://nypost.com/2014/06/20/how-irans-spy-chief-paid-for-the-benghazi-attack/

war is war.  you use any means to take the advantage.  sunni and shiites don't trust each other but that doesn't mean they can collaborate on achieving a certain goal.

Ignore it, Iran being involved in Benghazi is nonsense that only an idiot would believe.  There are plenty of real reasons to want the guy dead without pulling imaginary ones out of your ass.

Meanwhile.  (This is likely linked to our recent airstrikes on Shabaab.)

Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 1