Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

22 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

So, we're saying that we know that they're responsible for terror attacks on five continents.  For 40 years.  And they were going to conduct more.  Imminent.  And long campaign.  But we're certain that now they won't.  

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So, can someone give me a cliffs notes of why we are targeting these people?

Other than to get Trump re-elected of course.  Like a level headed reason?

So, you're asking if anyone can give you a level headed reason for something Trump did.  And said reason must not be Trump's self interest.  

Just saying.  :) 

• Like 2

if haven't heard don on this "obama would start a war" deal other than in a post, ahve fun

audio recording at cnn link

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/politics/kfile-trump-obama-2012-iran-war-reelection/index.html

diff brief  spiel on video at wp link, within first minute

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/03/what-trump-has-said-about-iran-what-it-means-now/?arc404=true

So let me get this straight, everyone seems to be in agreement that Qasem Soleimani was targeting Americans with attacks.  Has been for a long time, in fact.  The US targeting him however, somehow crosses a line?  I'm not pleased by the fact that the US seemed to do this with no real plan for dealing with the fallout, which is typical of Trump's leadership.  I'm also less than pleased with the fact that the US allowed this situation to exist at all.  The US shouldn't have been allowing Iranians widely known for murdering Americans, and American allies, to do so openly while ranging about the middle east openly on promotional tours.  That is outrageous. 

When did the situation turn into the US worrying about angering Iran instead of the other way around?  Freely killing Americans was permitted?!  Just where the hell is the line drawn with Iran if that's permitted. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Destino said:

So let me get this straight, everyone seems to be in agreement that Qasem Soleimani was targeting Americans with attacks.  Has been for a long time, in fact.  The US targeting him however, somehow crosses a line?  I'm not pleased by the fact that the US seemed to do this with no real plan for dealing with the fallout, which is typical of Trump's leadership.  I'm also less than pleased with the fact that the US allowed this situation to exist at all.  The US shouldn't have been allowing Iranians widely known for murdering Americans, and American allies, to do so openly while ranging about the middle east openly on promotional tours.  That is outrageous. 

When did the situation turn into the US worrying about angering Iran instead of the other way around?  Freely killing Americans was permitted?!  Just where the hell is the line drawn with Iran if that's permitted. 

This is pretty typical.  A lot of countries kill Americans and we don't do ****.  Where have you been?

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1