Owls0325

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Much of it self inflicted  :ols:

Competent GM scenario:

Trent - contenders 1st

Kerrigan - 4th

Norman - 6th

Bruce:

Trent - Nothing - Teach him a lesson (flip flop at last minute and complain the sole offer was too low)

Kerrigan - Nothing.  Dan wants him in the Ring

Norman - Nothing. Bruce would rather move a young corner for a vet QB.

so a competent GM could get no where near appropriate value for Kerrigan or Trent

- Would make sense for the Steelers to deal for AP with the RB issues they have after last night (lost Conner and Snell). He'd be a great fit there.

- Dealing TW on draft day where he has time to get into football shape would be better than settling for less now....If a team over-payed for Tunsil in draft picks then you'd have to think we could get a #1 for TW in the off-season? 

- If I'm a contender I go hard after Kerrigan...offer a 2nd rounder and a player to see if we'd bite. Houston losing Watt hurts them but they already dealt all of their high picks....Kansas City could deal for Josh and Kerrigan and that would really help them. Chiefs could offer a 2020 or2021 2nd and 5rd for Josh and Ryan or something along those lines? KC is desperate for defensive help and we have some pieces.

26 minutes ago, nonniey said:

The advantage to losing out for this team is the pressure it puts on the front office (not the Draft).

This I completely support 100%..am I allowed to gather with the folks on sundays to cheer em on and high five the folks and stand up and cheer and hug when they score tds?..

I'm not trying to sound ridiculous or rude or anything but i truly feel it's getting to where I shouldn't be allowed to cheer on the skins or hope for wins from them...and not one single person has made me feel that way so that's not a throw every one under the bus type thing lol..

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If the Redskins had exercised foresight and the Browns bought into their own hype then a preseason trade could have turned into something huge for us. What I don't understand is why the Redskins' privately thought they were "close." I mean I get them voicing it publicly, but I predicted a 4-12 season before the season started. At best, I thought Jay could pull off 8-8.

How could anyone look at a rookie QB or Case (a rookie in Jay's system), an awful defense, and a limited group of playmakers and think. "We are going to be this year's surprise team!"? I guess the team fell into the trap that all the injured players would come back and we were once a 6-3 team, but any close look saw deeper fundamental failings in the coaching staff and talent.

If only we had taken advantage of the hype and the Browns' hubris.

Kinda like connskins said..it would be hard to see him go cause hes fun to watch...one of a couple bright spots(terrymthegem the other)on the offense but yeah the skins are in rebuild mode rather dumb and dumber notice it or not...and with ap pretty much healthy you would think the skins could get a 4th or 5th for him from the Steelers..idk..the weather here sucks balls right now and the kids are home for a dentist visit.

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Bruce

Volsmet with a home run again lol

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If I’m the Browns, I’m offering less than I would have a few weeks ago.  It’s now more obvious that their 1st round pick will be higher and that the playoffs are further away, with or without Trent.

What we offer them has decreased every week as their first rounder continues to increase in value. I wouldn’t give up my #1 for Trent if I’m Clev — they’re not going to win anything this year which means you’re choosing 1 year of Trent over Wirfs/etc on a rookie deal. No thanks.

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

4. Ive said it before, but I would push for a trade to Tampa Bay:

Trent William + 5th  for O.J. Howard + 1st

or

O.J. Howard + 2nd, 3rd

I dont consider Howard a playmaker, but he fills a desperately needed hole on our roster. He's also much better than Njoku imo. Howard blocks. Njoku doesnt. Bruce Arians has never utilized TE's and hes a poor fit for their current system. Evans and Godwin are getting 10+ targets a game. That is an offensive philosophy. Here is a pretty good breakdown of the two players coming out of college.

https://www.thefantasyauthority.com/redraft/oj-howard-vs-david-njoku/

I was intrigued by Howard, but as someone mentioned earlier, he is struggling as a run blocker.  He also isn't doing much as far as receiving production (I know it's a poor scheme fit with Arians, but we cant assume he would be lighting it up either).  Also, arians and others seem frustrated with his effort.  

Too many red flags for me, I would rather have a high pick in place of Howard at this point.   

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

with Nate Solder and now Cordy Glenn on the market, TW's value/market keeps decreasing as will the offers...

Yup, predictably, the longer we wait the more options become available ... just as the demand decreases. Embarrassing.

No doubt in my mind that Bruce leaked the idea of being open to dealing TW with no intention of moving him before the draft. That is a total Bruce move that just further pisses off the fans. There is little to no market now for TW, all the teams are set and Trent hasn't played football in almost a year now. Why would a team deal for him now and give up a 1st? Can't see it.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Question for you, I live in Tampa and this guy has always been highly touted but never really done anything, he reminds me of Jordan Reed.

Is there something you think the Bucs have done wrong in using him or something you believe we will do right if he were to come here?

Archived