Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Yeah the issue right now is that there isn't much from Trent's camp that has been 100% verified as truth as far as the true grievance, (if it is the only grievance),  and/or whether he truly refuses to return to this team under any circumstance etc etc......the media seems to be mostly speculating.  Add that to the fact that there isn't a young developing savior on the left side of the line (that we know about, at least) ready to take over.  If Trent sits out or ultimately gets traded, the O-line instantly becomes a problem area regardless of who is under center.  

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

We get a 1st for Silverback and I'll drive him to Dulles myself. He's over 30, injured often, and to be honest hasn't been GREAT since 2016. Lots of penalties and gets beat by quicker edge rushers regularly.

After another preseason game or two, some contender will lose an OL to injury and will be more desperate to make a trade.

Hopefully you're wrong.

So Bruce won't trade him? 

Super. 

The people that wanted to move on get nothing. 

The people that wanted them to make up gets nothing. 

Is it possible that we've been able to pull off the rare lose-lose-lose scenario where the team, fans and player all are worse off? 

Just now, Unbias said:

Super. 

Is it possible that we've been able to pull off the rare lose-lose-lose scenario where the team, fans and player all are worse off? 

I think Bruce will trade him. Saying no now is to drag it out for needy teams to up their offers. Not even week 2 of preseason. Let's see where things are after week 3 or even week 4. Need to be mindful of that window where some veterans will be released who can play those teams have a young/cheaper option ready.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This.

if there is anything i'm absolutely certain of, whatever the Redskins get for Trent won't be optimal.  

If there’s anything I’m certain of, it’s we get  at least a first for Trent.

If there’s anything else I’m certain of, it’s we get a first for Trent and then you say something like “Well even The skins FO couldn’t screw that one up” or something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

If there’s anything else I’m certain of, it’s we get a first for Trent and then you say something like “Well even The skins FO couldn’t screw that one up” or something along those lines.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/broken record

Only way I'm trading a first round pick for Trent Williams is if I believe we are one tackle away from the Super Bowl. Maybe the Patriots fit that bill and a couple others. That to me is a very small market. I would be (happily) surprised if we get a first for him.

It's clear to me that he just doesn't want to be here and won't play another down for us. It's probably a combination of things: years or losing, wanting to play for a winner, and being tired of this organization. He probably doesn't want to come out and say that, though. That's why he isn't saying much and you're hearing things about the medical staff and guaranteed money and other conflicting things.  He's just tired of being here but doesn't want endanger his trade value, and doesn't want to hurt his reputation so he's just being publicly quiet and waiting. That's what I would do, too.

11 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Wow your faith in this front office is,.... well interesting to say the least.

5 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

If there's anything I'm certain of, you are obsessed with replying to my posts and care entirely too much about what I think and type.  You have to do it, you can't stop yourself.  It's been clear for quite some time now, that we will never ever see eye to eye on the current state of the organization.  I feel sorry for some other folks here that it was my posting that riled you up so much, you just had to stop lurking and bless the world with your posts. 

The fact of the matter is this, Bruce Allen doesn't win trades nor has he shown the ability to be proactive and make the right moves at the right time.  Ever. 

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Nobody has greater faith in the FO than HCZ.

8 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Only way I'm trading a first round pick for Trent Williams is if I believe we are one tackle away from the Super Bowl.

There are some really stupid teams that think this. I would love for such team to then completely fall apart to a 3/4 win season. That would be amazing. We deserve that kind of luck.

41 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Hopefully you're wrong.

If we can get a 1st and more for Trent than I say do it. Having two first round picks next year would be a good way to build the offensive line to help out Haskins over the next 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

If I were the owner and we ended up with two first round picks, I would seriously consider cleaning house at the executive and coaching level. It would be the perfect opportunity to start anew. Hand your new GM and coach two first rounders.

We don't need a new GM. We need to promote the one we have and get rid of the cancerous lesion we currently have.

I'm assuming Doug Williams has reached out to Trent to see how he can help this situation. I'm also gonna assume that if Doug can't fix it then it's beyond repair and will not end short of a trade or very ugly, drawn out hold out. Hopefully Bruce is finding ways to drive up the trade price. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The fact of the matter is this, Bruce Allen doesn't win trades...

Yeah, he does. 

The only time I can think of where the Skins traded one of its players for draft picks while Bruce was totally in charge was the Cravens trade (maybe there was another but I'm not thinking of it offhand). Getting a 5th for an injury-prone player with a severely questionable work ethic (where even his teammates got pissed off at him about) and who told both his teammates and coach that his heart and desire to play football wasn't there--and then retired right after the final cuts--is definitely a win. Trading back in the 2nd round to still pick up Guice while also picking up a 3rd rounder was also a win. The trade up back into the 1st for Sweat--at least on paper--looks to be a win as well.  Where Bruce has not shown an ability to win is when trading draft picks for players, not when trading players for draft picks. Both the Smith trade (due to throwing in Fuller) and the Clinton-Dix trade were losses. As long as he's not trading draft picks for someone else's player I'm not worried.

EDIT: I forgot we traded for Keenum, which in my opinion was also a win. Gave up a 6th round pick for Keenum and the Broncos' 7th round pick, plus got them to pay for part of what he was still owed, helping our cap a bit. Seems like we do well when trading with the Broncos.

...nor has he shown the ability to be proactive and make the right moves at the right time.  Ever.

Can't argue that lol...

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

Super. 

Not yet. Any trade would happen late August most likely and Trent will have to able to pass a physical which its not certain he can right now (pure conjecture though). 

It probably worth pointing out that even if the team had decided to trade Trent telling the league that would not help us get good value for him. At that point we are a distressed seller and his price goes down. Saying hes not available is the only sane response to put out - and tells us exactly zero.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I think Bruce will trade him. Saying no now is to drag it out for needy teams to up their offers. Not even week 2 of preseason. Let's see where things are after week 3 or even week 4. Need to be mindful of that window where some veterans will be released who can play those teams have a young/cheaper option ready.

You have faith that Bruce is not a ****ing idiot.  I don't.

6 minutes ago, nonniey said:

It’s not really even “faith in the FO” that drives that belief. I’ve talked plenty on here about how I would have traded Kirk after the 2017 season, and how stupid it was to think he was going to play here. That’s a major mistake and we lost a big time asset for nothing. Skins FO isn’t infallible in my eyes. 

Also just recently stated on this very thread that I think Trent is doing us a favor. Meaning I don’t think that this is a trade we would make without him forcing our hand, because my biggest knock on the current regime is a lack of forward thinking. 

But yeah, I have no doubt the best LT in the league carries first round value league wide and I also doubt we just let him out for peanuts. I’d be floored if he went for less than a first.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good point, doing that with new England it might as well be a second rounder

Or a no-rounder because the NFL would inexplicably decide to cut the Patriots first round pick for Belichick stepping on a crack in the sidewalk.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

We don't need a new GM. We need to promote the one we have and get rid of the cancerous lesion we currently have.

Fire Bruce Allen and promote Eric Schaffer to GM. If you must fire Gruden, then promote Kevin O'Connell to HC. And if Trent is not traded and makes good on holding out for the year (highly unlikely), then can the medical staff too and start new in an attempt to reverse this narrative that the Redskins are an organization that gets it's players injured and then spits them out.

55 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm assuming Doug Williams has reached out to Trent to see how he can help this situation. I'm also gonna assume that if Doug can't fix it then it's beyond repair and will not end short of a trade or very ugly, drawn out hold out. Hopefully Bruce is finding ways to drive up the trade price. 

This is my fear as well. When coupling this sentiment with reports that the FO is rebuffing trade offers, I just have very little confidence that this FO will play thier cards right and not get fleeced by someone like the Patriots.

AP is a good friend of Trent's and even he says he believes Trent will not play another down for the Redskins.

Archived