Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Post is reporting:

The former British spy who authored several reports alleging links between Russia and President Trump’s 2016 campaign had been a personal friend of Trump’s daughter Ivanka, a relationship that he said made him “favorably disposed” to the Trump family. The previously unknown friendship between former intelligence officer Christopher Steele and Ivanka Trump was alluded to in a new report released Monday by the Justice Department’s inspector general, which said Steele had “been friendly” with a Trump family member, a relationship he described as “personal.”

Um

i find just those two articles of impeachment underwhelming

i don’t know why

i guess I always figured because removal wasn’t figured to not even be possible, they’d throw as much at him to just make the R votes look as bad as possible. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Um

i find just those two articles of impeachment underwhelming

i don’t know why

i guess I always figured because removal wasn’t figured to not even be possible, they’d throw as much at him to just make the R votes look as bad as possible. 

Maybe the idea is that he violated two laws, 27 times each.  

Me, I think I would have just stuck with:  

1)  Firing Comey.

2)  Withholding funds from Ukraine so he could ask them for a campaign donation.  

3)  And suppressing any and all congressional oversight.  

To me, those are the biggest, and the easiest to demonstrate.  

8 hours ago, Larry said:

Maybe the idea is that he violated two laws, 27 times each.  

Me, I think I would have just stuck with:  

1)  Firing Comey.

2)  Withholding funds from Ukraine so he could ask them for a campaign donation.  

3)  And suppressing any and all congressional oversight.  

To me, those are the biggest, and the easiest to demonstrate.  

They are rolling with 2 and 3. I think their reasoning is Barr managed to get him off on 1. I sort of feel like the "unindicted co.conspirator 1" Cohen thing would check the Republicans' "where's the crime" box, but maybe it's too Clintonesque.

Frankly, i am also thinking there should be more. 
"2" is an easy number to spin among the morons as being not enough... as we know the content doesn't matter, just how easy you can sell it. (After all of this, all they found were two!..  you can hear it now.)

They should have spent weeks and laid out every single stinking example of his violations across the board. Every ****ing penny he's made by violating the Emoluments clause, every stinking security violation, every single example of his being criminally unfit.

Set out as many articles as they can find.

McConnell is going to sweep away 2 like it's nothing.

~Bang

Archived