Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

I kinda agree with @Bangon this one as well. I seriously doubt it would end up with Jethro and Cletus leaving their front porch and gathering up a few other people to try and directly confront whoever they feel is the "bad guy"; they're too goddamn stupid. Remember when those armed numbskulls took over that wildlife refuge in Oregon? Within a couple of days they were begging for people to send them food and it was over soon after...and that was a ****ing wildlife refuge for ****'s sake. If that was any indication then these idiots couldn't plan their way out of a plastic cup, let alone organize some sort of full-on rebellion. (But I have to admit that the entire thing was worth it when we got to see a video of them opening up gift boxes that had huge dildos in them).

But the right wing terrorist threat is very real and we've seen it happen, and it will likely happen again. If things end up going way south that's how it will go down...guerrilla attacks, bombings, more shootings. Lots of "soft" targets getting hit by these people. And they'll absolutely find ways to justify it in their minds, just like all terrorists do. 

Someone should explain to Gaetz that when you get caught driving drunk, the crime doesn't disappear because you are sober the next morning, just like Trump getting caught withholding the Ukrainian aid for political purposes doesn't go away because he releases it afterwards.

10 hours ago, Bang said:

How many do you think it takes?

Believe threats. 

~Bang

They will follow whatever the tv tells them to follow, and Fox News will not step outside the ultimate boundaries for fear of losing currency. Once he’s gone, they will just focus AOC again, and they will all hurr durr their hatred back on her. These people are not coordinated enough to do anything other than group think, and until their telescreen tells them directly to harm others, I don’t see them ever doing anything. 

these gopers all suck but esp. the freedom caucus boys, and they always have

just ignorant irrational hyper-hypocritical magical-thinking often-malevolent meatsacks

in the spirit of the season, i wish for the most horrible things to befall them for being on santa's naughty list

ho ho ho

I only turned it on about 20 or so minutes ago, but it should still be reiterated that all 1st hand account witnesses are currently being blocked from testifying.  Never have received a good explanation as to why they would be blocked from testifying if the call was perfect.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Republicans keep saying the Ukrainians were unaware of the hold.  Yet someone a couple weeks ago testified that Ukraine was asking about the aid money.

So the republicans are simply lying at this point?

Not to mention Ukraine had agreed to Trump's demand in order to get the transcript, but they backed out at the last minute.  Rudy kept going back to Ukraine officials telling them that their prepared statements weren't good enough to mention vague "corruption" and that it had to include The Bidens in it. 

Also I will just add that it is a damn shame and mockery of our intelligence agencies for Mueller's report to continuing to be classified as some kind of exoneration.  

The GOP argument that Trump withheld aid in 2019 because of a new President is ridiculous, because to believe that then that means Trump had no reservations about the previous corrupt President of Ukraine since he released aid in 2017 and 2018 with zero conditions, yet the aid that was actually vetted beforehand somehow needed to be personally blessed by Guiliani & Trump? Give me a break.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Republicans keep saying the Ukrainians were unaware of the hold.  Yet someone a couple weeks ago testified that Ukraine was asking about the aid money.

So the republicans are simply lying at this point?

For the past 30 years. 

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

They will follow whatever the tv tells them to follow, and Fox News will not step outside the ultimate boundaries for fear of losing currency. Once he’s gone, they will just focus AOC again, and they will all hurr durr their hatred back on her. These people are not coordinated enough to do anything other than group think, and until their telescreen tells them directly to harm others, I don’t see them ever doing anything. 

One guy in a van attempted the largest mass assassination in US history by mailing bombs to Trump's political enemies and journalists that he demonizes,  churches have been burned across the country, we've had shooters walk into churches, synagogues, and we've arrested a lot of them before it could happen, finding them with weapons caches and political kill lists.

One guy walked into a wal mart in Texas over the summer and killed 22 people because he hated immigrants.
Last October a guy walked into a synagogue in Pittsburgh and murdered 11 people.
Another guy in Poway California burned a mosque and then went and shot up a synagogue, which only resulted in one death because his gun jammed.
A couple of months ago a supremacist armed up and we all watched the video of him trying o get into a Gov. building (in Texas if i recall right) before finally trying to run and being shot himself.
and so on and so on.
last year the Anti-Defamation League cataloged 785 incidents of anti-semitic attacks, including assaults, arsons, and bomb threats.
A guy in NJ smashed his van into a tree in New Jersey last summer, and in the van cops found rocket launchers, rifles and pistols. Back at his house they found even more, plus a ton of Nazi propaganda.
They busted a coast guard officer with a ****-ton of guns and a political kill list.

It seems like every other week they manage to arrest one of these people before they go on their rampages, complete with kill lists, manifestos and typically a far-right ideology. 

In case you haven't noticed, warfare isn't organized anymore. It is carried out by small pockets of zealots or individuals with no organized ties using terrorist tactics.
There will be no major set piece battles, no organized military clashes. Today's wars are fought anonymously against civilians not to force any peace, but to create enough fear so as to create an atmosphere of fear in which the citizenry thinks that the only way it will end will be to pressure the terrorist's enemies into giving them what they demand.

As i said.. it isn't possibly going to happen. It is happening. Right now.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

One guy in a van attempted the largest mass assassination in US history by mailing bombs to Trump's political enemies, churches have been burned across the country, we've had shooters walk into churches, synagogues, and we've arrested a lot of them before it could happen, finding them with weapons caches and political kill lists.

One guy walked into a wal mart in Texas over the summer and killed 22 people because he hated immigrants.
Last October a guy walked into a synagogue in Pittsburgh and murdered 11 people.
Another guy in Poway California burned a mosque and then went and shot up a synagogue, which only resulted in one death because his gun jammed.
and so on and so on.
last year the Anti-Defamation League cataloged 785 incidents of anti-semitic attacks, including assaults, arsons, and bomb threats.
They busted a coast guard officer with a ****-ton of guns and a political kill list.

It seems like every other week they manage to arrest one of these people before they go on their rampages, complete with kill lists, manifestos and typically a far-right ideology. 

In case you haven't noticed, warfare isn't organized anymore. It is carried out by small pockets of zealots or individuals with no organized ties using terrorist tactics. There will be no major set piece battles, no organized military clashes. Today's wars are fought anonymously against civilians not to force any peace, but to create enough fear so as to create an atmosphere of fear in which the citizenry thinks that the only way it will end will be to pressure the terrorist's enemies into giving them what they demand.

As i said.. it isn't possibly going to happen. It is happening. Right now.

~Bang

I agree with all that you said, but disagree with your presumption that the only way to combat this is to "be ready." These people are radicalized by a propaganda arm that is supported by the current regime. The reason why so many are pushing towards progressive candidates is because most of the younger generation can see exactly what the scope is of the power of social media. Once you remove the voice telling them what to do, they will go back to hiding. They are cowards following a voice on a tv that tells them the world is on fire, and its someone elses fault. Things might get bad here and there, but ultimately they will all fade.

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I agree with all that you said, but disagree with your presumption that the only way to combat this is to "be ready." These people are radicalized by a propaganda arm that is supported by the current regime. The reason why so many are pushing towards progressive candidates is because most of the younger generation can see exactly what the scope is of the power of social media. Once you remove the voice telling them what to do, they will go back to hiding. They are cowards following a voice on a tv that tells them the world is on fire, and its someone elses fault. Things might get bad here and there, but ultimately they will all fade.

maybe.

But "be ready" is about all I can do. Now, i don't walk around packing, and i am not sitting in my house with loaded weapons at my fingertips. It's about being vigilant, recognizing what is going on, and if necessary, be ready to defend your home. (But this again, i don't see armies ravaging the land and destroying towns and cities.)

It isn't the only way to combat it. I totally agree that shutting off the spigots of hate is 1000% necessary. 

But it won't stop what is already in motion, and as effective as the propaganda has been, that in itself will fan the flames even further. 

I don't try to sound hyperbolic. I only see what is happening and can only sound alarms when i do. This is bad, and we are WAY down the road already to assume it's just going to normalize because we convince Grampa to change the channel.

~Bang

Just now, Bang said:

maybe.

But "be ready" is about all I can do.

It isn't the only way to combat it. I totally agree that shutting off the spigots of hate is 1000% necessary. 

But it won't stop what is already in motion, and as effective as the propaganda has been, that in itself will fan the flames even further. 

I don't try to sound hyperbolic. I only see what is happening and can only sound alarms when i do. This is bad, and we are WAY down the road already to assume it's just going to normalize because we convince Grampa to change the channel.

~Bang

Win or Lose, somebody will walk into a Synagogue or School or wherever and kill people because they think they're doing what Trump would want to "protect this nation" 

Gaetz, "would you let your Vice President have his son out moonlighting with foreign governments"  Ahahahahahahahahahahaha........Well Gee Mr. Gaetz, I don't know, should we up the ante and ask if the President should allow his daughter to be moonlighting with foreign governments?  

FFS.........

If Gaetz is going to bring up Hunter's substance abuse, it would be prudent for someone to bring up Gaetz's 4 DUIs and ask how he magically received zero punishment for them.  Is that an example of cronyism?

EDIT: LOL well it just happened, sort of.

GOP: "Trump said he didn't do it, good enough for me"

Also the same GOP: "If Biden is telling the truth, he should be hear testifying under oath"

Gatez: "Hillary got lucky!"  Yes of course, after 3 years of investigations in which she fully complied and participated in, she merely "got lucky." 

Archived