Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Georgia is 4 years away from becoming what VA was in 2013.

Have you seen our redneck sleazeball governor?

I dare not voice any political opinions amongst my colleagues at work...and I was a libertarian leaning Republican up until W won the 2000 primary. This is prime Fox news territory.

11 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Have you seen our redneck sleazeball governor?

I dare not voice any political opinions amongst my colleagues at work...and I was a libertarian leaning Republican up until W won the 2000 primary. This is prime Fox news territory.

Virginia was too and then the suburbs and metro regions kept diversifying and getting younger, while the rural areas declined in population. 

I really like how he demands both Bidens testify at his own impeachment trial, by force if necessary, knowing full well the chances of him testifying are zero. 

And the Republicans are rolling with that ****. They all need to lose their jobs. 

I saw an opinion piece that suggested if the GOP is so hellbent on The Bidens testifying at the trial, the Dems should in turn demand Ivanka Trump testify to explain her business dealings and contacts she has obtained since Trump has been President. 

Petty is as Petty does.  

How about we cut the BS and do the damn thing already.  

The impeachment hearings are about the actions of Donald Trump and those who willingly went along if not actively covered up his actions.  

15 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

So what is the next step(s) for Congress to do in this phase of the impeachment process? What happens if there is a formal impeachment held in the Senate? Can the people who have refused to show up in the House hearings be forced to show for the Senate trial? If not, lock them up?

When they refuse to testify per subpoena, they should be arrested the second their time to testify passes, and they should be held in jail until after the House impeachment vote happens. 

Democrat need to follow the rule of law and lock these people up. It's not going to hurt them in the elections. Not locking them up shows that they are weak and not following the rule of law.

Trump is a career liar. He has nothing to say about anything besides his branded catch phrases.  If he claims not to know someone, it is a safe bet said individuals were likely at his house on Christmas morning opening gifts with his family.

It is a struggle to find anytime in the last 3 years he hasn't made a false statement during one of his speeches or press conferences, appearances, etc etc etc.....

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I saw an opinion piece that suggested if the GOP is so hellbent on The Bidens testifying at the trial, the Dems should in turn demand Ivanka Trump testify to explain her business dealings and contacts she has obtained since Trump has been President. 

Petty is as Petty does.  

How about we cut the BS and do the damn thing already.  

The impeachment hearings are about the actions of Donald Trump and those who willingly went along if not actively covered up his actions.  

I mean, that's amusing and all, but it would just make everyone look ridiculous and essentially give the GOP exactly what they want: lowering the conversation to the least common denominator and turning the entire thing into a circus (well, even MORE of a circus now that Gym Jordan will apparently get to scream after forgetting his suit coat again). The Dems would basically be gaslighting themselves at that point. 

It doesn't matter how badly the GOP wants the Bidens to testify, it's not up to them...it's up to the chairman of the committee and, IIRC, a majority committee vote if need be. That being said, I COULD see the GOP in the Senate trial trying to pull shenanigans like that. The Senate used to be a much more serious and deliberative body than the House screamers but that seems to have gone out the window ever since Trump climbed out of whatever primordial cesspool spawned him. 

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean, that's amusing and all, but it would just make everyone look ridiculous and essentially give the GOP exactly what they want: lowering the conversation to the least common denominator and turning the entire thing into a circus (well, even MORE of a circus now that Gym Jordan will apparently get to scream after forgetting his suit coat again). The Dems would basically be gaslighting themselves at that point. 

That was the point I was trying to make. Calling Ivanka to testify sounds like a "sick burn" but it would just be further turning this into a circus.

As far as the Bidens go, we all know how this is going to play out.  The GOP will demand it, The Dems rightfully so will say No because it is a ridiculous request, then the GOP can go to their usual media outlets to shout and cry that the hearings are not fair and improper and "breaking all the rules" (or whatever nonsense they will claim) because they don't get to demand who testifies.

So impeachment hearings begin.

I won't be watching.  I'll read if there's anything interesting but since the conclusion is already forgone:  Trump is impeached and Senate doesn't convict; I won't pay that much attention to it.

I stand by position that impeachment just gets the partisans on both sides ginned up.   Base Dems will be mad that Trump isn't removed and Base Gopers will be mad their god went thru this.

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I stand by position that impeachment just gets the partisans on both sides ginned up.

Yeah, you're right.  Believing that diverting government funds for use as a tool to coerce illegal campaign contributions (and then obstructing justice afterwards) is wrong is a partisan belief.  

EgJs6px.png

Archived