Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

6 hours ago, volsmet said:

Gaither looks smooth in coverage, but I believe Uche has the ability to cover and play off the line, he better be able to play off the line. There’s more projection with him, I’m not drafting him in the top 100 strictly as an edge - I have both players in my top 60 overall right now.

Dreadful tweet from Nagy, implying Michigan’s great defensive staff is clueless, but it’s a tweet where he touches on what I’m talking about with Uche. 

Wow, to be honest your post has opened my eyes to him big time.

6 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Listening to Cooley on the John Keim podcast .... Cooley said this team is pretty decent with few holes. He said they've done an incredible job building the team through the draft. He expects Kyle Smith and his team to nail the draft and come away with some legit starting talent outside of the #2 pick. TE, WR were a couple he mentioned.

Also, said it's clear they're building the run game and defense. Can focus on offensive weapons in the draft and beyond 2020.

Also said Kelvin Harmon blocks better than most TEs and should move to H-Back. That caught me off guard haha.

I had expected Harmon to be used some as HB last year lining up all over the place and be used more in the red zone

TE is a tough position for someone to just move right into the starting spot. They can get the future starter and heavy contributor though in the 3rd or 4th

If I am RR and trying to improve the locker room I am not drafting OGrady

Actually, last week I was reading one of @volsmet’s love letters to Uche and I decided that I needed to watch him again.

I still didn’t like him.

Then I sat back and said, why the **** does he like this guy so much. 

Then I saw his posts about OLB... watched him again. Yup. I like him better there.

He isn’t Davis-Gaither. But he’s much “better” there than as an edge.

This was the scenario of players posed to 2 different scouts as for who they'd pick for the Redskins.  Interestingly both picked a TE.  Standig keeps claiming he expects a TE, too in the third.

I've been on a similar train.  I am a BPA kind of guy so i am open to anything but I can see the value of taking a top TE before a WR (depending on who is there) because of the depth at WR.

With the scenario they give there.  It would be a toss up for me between Trautman, Pittman, Mims and Wilson.  Jaylon Johnson just a hair behind.  Man would I love two third rounders.   I'd probably give the edge to Mims but got doubts he's there that late. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 7.53.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 7.53.57 PM.png

Just watched some Netane Muti for the first time, beast, and he'd fit well at LG since that was his spot, sometimes loses his man going to the 2nd level, but really strong dude.  Big hands.  Benched 44 reps.  The pause I gather is in his young career, he's already had 2 major injuries.

Tua looked good in that short clip and his health came out overwhelmingly positive. 

Miami may need to leap frog Detroit to get him.  It sends more of a possibility now.  Watched some videos where they were saying that he should be as good of a  prospect as Burrow.  

It would be crazy but The Redskins might actually pick him.  Of course, Miami could trade us their 5th, and 18th pock in there first round plus a 1st or second round next year. 

Would you do the trade?

1 hour ago, bonhommelemec said:

Tua looked good in that short clip and his health came out overwhelmingly positive. 

Miami may need to leap frog Detroit to get him.  It sends more of a possibility now.  Watched some videos where they were saying that he should be as good of a  prospect as Burrow.  

It would be crazy but The Redskins might actually pick him.  Of course, Miami could trade us their 5th, and 18th pock in there first round plus a 1st or second round next year. 

Would you do the trade?

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, bonhommelemec said:

Would you do the trade?

I would do the deal if Miami gave us two 1sts and a 2nd this year plus a 1st next year....yes, absolutely would do it in a heartbeat. 

I was looking at walterfootball's ranking of players just for kicks.  I couldn't disagree more with their take on Moss.  They got IMO his weaknesses as his strengths and strengths as his weaknesses.

Jordan Reed would be a mile off my description of Moss.  Jordan Reed style to me would be Hunter Bryant if he gets back to his playing weight.   Moss to me is a good blocker but who struggles to separate aside from the real short stuff IMO.

https://www.walterfootball.com/draft2020TE.php

LSU_logo.gif Thaddeus Moss*, TE, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 250. Arm: 31.88. Hand: 9.88.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2020): 2-4.

4/4/20: Moss was a mismatch receiving weapon for LSU in 2019, totaling 47 receptions for 570 yards and four touchdowns. He has a solid build with quickness and athleticism. Moss could stand to improve his blocking for the NFL, but he could be a mismatch weapon as a F - receiving - tight end. As a pro, he could be a Jordan Reed-type contributor. Moss did not work out at the combine.

15 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Muti is easily the most gifted and dominant interior OL in the class IMO, but I can't stomach picking a guy with his injury history.  I just can't see any chance a guy like that realizes his potential here.

He'd be a surefire first rounder if he had a healthy past.

Need to watch Muti.

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Need to watch Muti.

PFF loves him. Going to be a classic Skins type pick, even if not chosen by the skins. So good, but horrible injury history. I think he goes pretty late and maybe he'd actually be a value in the 5th. 

Been doing a little more digging on Uche. I still think he'd be a great SAM for us. I also think that the scouts probably aren't sleeping on him like the board is.

Here is an interview with Uche. Says he ran a laser timed flat 4.6 on his first 40 attempt in training. He has legitimate pursuit speed and looked great in coverage at the Senior Bowl. 

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/30/nfl-draft-prospects-2020-josh-uche-michigan-interview/

The Senior Bowl director, Jim Nagy, thought Uche was the best defender at the Senior Bowl and should go in the 1st. 

"Give him more first-round love, Nagy says.

“Hard to believe we’re not seeing this guy in any first-round mock drafts,” he tweeted. “Could make a strong case that (Michigan Football) OLB Josh Uche was the best defensive player at the Senior Bowl. But that’s just what we saw. #TheDraftStartsInMOBILE.”

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-2020-Senior-Bowl-director-stumps-Josh-Uche-first-round-pick-Michigan-football-143310224/

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's lying season, but still...

I read the South Florida papers as much as the DC ones.   And if the Dolphins plan to trade the farm for Tua they got all their beat guys fooled.  The impression I keep getting is the only one they'd trade the farm for is Burrow.  They don't mind Tua or Herbert but might not trade up for them or if they do it would be with a trading partner who won't ask for the moon and supposedly they are intrigued by Jordan Love.

Listening-reading stuff from the Dolphin reporters they gave a strong vibe that there is almost no chance they'd trade a big haul to get up to #2.  If you buy all the smoke that's out there, almost for sure its going to be Chase Young at #2 and there won't be a big offer from another team to make that decision hard.

SIP, I agree with the scouts in your two recent posts who thought we were going to take Chase Young and then a TE. 

We always TALK about taking BPA, but then draft for need. We are going OT, WR, TE, or CB with our 3rd and probably our 4th and TE looks like both the direst need and the shallowest group. 

That being said, I wouldn't mind some combination of Trautman/Edwards in the 3rd/4th or Pittman/Albert O. Our 1st next year looks destined for OT or CB. Can't fix everything at once. 

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

Need to watch Muti.

He's fun to watch.  He played against Alabama as a Freshman and really held his own against DaRon Payne, who is a very similar athlete to him.  Thick, block of marble build with easy, freakish power and very little sloppiness.  Good mover.  Naturally low pads and he can be a true barbarian as a finisher.  His film is strewn with explosive, Penei Sewell-esque hits.  So many plays where he just flattens a poor linebacker.  He is pretty raw from a technique standpoint--lunger who drops his eyes into blocks and is clearly a lot more comfortable going forwards than backwards.  Some of his pass pro reps look pretty adventurous.  A DL with some length and good hands can give him real problems.  But he has a ton of natural talent.  If someone can teach him how to use his hands and really improve his accuracy in placement and get him to keep his head up, and if he can stay healthy, he could end up being an exciting player.  But those are terrible risks to take.  I wouldn't draft him before mid to late day three, and I suspect he's going to go day 2.

Archived