Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

What do we think of Clemson OL, Tremayne Anchrum? I considered him in our Es draft, he’s played well at tackle for Clemson but may have to move inside ... he doesn’t stand out in any particular way other than getting the job done. He’s not explosive, particularly big, or particularly athletic... but he knows how to use his hands and he anchors well, aside from one time I saw Chase Young make him do the splits, on a qb draw ... which was puzzling. 

I've always rooted for Cager being as though he's from Maryland and we don't get many of those at Miami. Also I sat next to his family in Toledo a few years ago and they were nice. He just rubbed me the wrong way when he was there. It's like he goes through the motions too much. Before the game he was the slowest moving person on the field every game. Like he just woke up from a 4 hour nap and didn't know where he was. Maybe that changed in Athens. I don't know. He also had the dropsies at Miami.

That is 2 Canes I have knocked the last few days when they've been mentioned. One that I will never knock that has the most heart of anyone in this draft is DeeJay Dallas. Give me guys on O or D with his heart and passion and I will go to war with them. I love that kid. Pure football player. Loves the games. Can play multiple positions as he was QB in high school and the coaching staff at Miami had ideas of him playing db and wide out before settling in the backfield. Some team is going to get a steal. A Cane throwback.

20 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

I've always rooted for Cager being as though he's from Maryland and we don't get many of those at Miami. Also I sat next to his family in Toledo a few years ago and they were nice. He just rubbed me the wrong way when he was there. It's like he goes through the motions too much. Before the game he was the slowest moving person on the field every game. Like he just woke up from a 4 hour nap and didn't know where he was. Maybe that changed in Athens. I don't know. He also had the dropsies at Miami.

That is 2 Canes I have knocked the last few days when they've been mentioned. One that I will never knock that has the most heart of anyone in this draft is DeeJay Dallas. Give me guys on O or D with his heart and passion and I will go to war with them. I love that kid. Pure football player. Loves the games. Can play multiple positions as he was QB in high school and the coaching staff at Miami had ideas of him playing db and wide out before settling in the backfield. Some team is going to get a steal. A Cane throwback.

Cager has admitted to a change of attitude on arrival in Athens, that’s where he wanted to commit originally, perhaps it took him some time to grow up. At GA he was at his best when contested, but his hands are beagle size. 

34 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Cager has admitted to a change of attitude on arrival in Athens, that’s where he wanted to commit originally, perhaps it took him some time to grow up. At GA he was at his best when contested, but his hands are beagle size. 

I’m a little confused here - beagles are pretty small dogs, relatively, but if I had hands the size of beagles... my wife would probably be really happy.  

On that PFF corners breakdown - really interesting stuff.  Makes me kick myself for taking Reggie Robinson over Amik Robertson in our mock though. :(

At least RR showed up big on the incompletion %...

12 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’m a little confused here - beagles are pretty small dogs, relatively, but if I had hands the size of beagles... my wife would probably be really happy.  

On that PFF corners breakdown - really interesting stuff.  Makes me kick myself for taking Reggie Robinson over Amik Robertson in our mock though. :(

Ya whatever demon possessed you and convinced you that Reggie Robinson of all people was a better pick than Amik really gave you the ol goose.

16 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I meant hands the size of beagle paws - your boy Reggie has miniature hands too, but he tested as an elite athlete, his productivity was outstanding, he weighs 20 more lbs, his arms are over an inch longer & he’s half a foot taller than Amik. I wouldn’t be surprised if Robinson went ahead of Robertson... though I do love me some Amik, I believe I brought him to the thread, but now the hype may be surpassing the prospect.

I need to convince someone in the ES draft thread to draft DJ Wonnum so I don’t have to, I need to take one of my 3 DBs left, one of whom was a 5 star recruit who had a great freshman season at FSU before getting banged up a bit. He, Ducros, & Rodgers are who I’d like to choose between, but Wonnum should be gone, I need not be tempted by a game****... nor any other kind of .. game. 

B4C9ADC9-5CB6-461A-BB9D-CF731B6B19CD.jpeg

2588E93C-C781-47D7-A664-463D5EAE9DB4.jpeg

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ya whatever demon possessed you and convinced you that Reggie Robinson of all people was a better pick than Amik really gave you the ol goose.

Me.  I’m the demon. :)

Frankly, I watched Robinson a few times and barely watched Robertson - an obvious oversight on my part, lol.  In my defense though, Robinson is a fantastic press corner, really fun to watch and has all the traits Vols lists below.  

35 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I meant hands the size of beagle paws - your boy Reggie has miniature hands too, but he tested as an elite athlete, his productivity was outstanding, he weighs 20 more lbs, his arms are over an inch longer & he’s half a foot taller than Amik. I wouldn’t be surprised if Robinson went ahead of Robertson... though I do love me some Amik, I believe I brought him to the thread, but now the hype may be surpassing the prospect.

Yeah, as I said when I drafted him - I was taking a risk.  As you point out though, he’s got a lot going for him.  Maybe I get lucky and he’s taken early, but I have a feeling he goes a good round later than I took him.  Oh well. 
Man, I can’t wait to see how the draft shakes out

Wonnum was my backup pick to Huff.  Tempting athlete, but his tape just didn’t quite do it for me.  Not a bad flyer and probably more upside/higher ceiling than Huff though. 

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Frankly, I watched Robinson a few times and barely watched Robertson - an obvious oversight on my part, lol.  In my defense though, Robinson is a fantastic press corner, really fun to watch and has all the traits Vols lists below.  

I'm not huge on him, but he's not a bad player. Fairly sticky, good size. Can add a few pounds to his frame. Does his job. Plays well with instincts. Doesn't seem like a real ballhawk or a high IQ corner, but he makes up for it by assessing situations in a reactive way and gets to the ball.

I like him, but don't love him. I'd be okay with him for sure. I have him 14th. Amik is 10th. I wanted to put him higher, but a stiff breeze may send him airborne.

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, as I said when I drafted him - I was taking a risk.  As you point out though, he’s got a lot going for him.  Maybe I get lucky and he’s taken early, but I have a feeling he goes a good round later than I took him.  Oh well. 
Man, I can’t wait to see how the draft shakes out

Wonnum was my backup pick to Huff.  Tempting athlete, but his tape just didn’t quite do it for me.  Not a bad flyer and probably more upside/higher ceiling than Huff though. 

His tape is crap, indeed, but he’s got so much to work with for a round 7 guy... those traits don’t fall to 7 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can get jazzed about that fit, Edwards was my fist big man crush among the 2nd tier WRs. 

Bryan Edwards, Washington Redskins

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 212 | School: South Carolina

Where the Redskins could get him: Round 3 (No. 66)

Why he fits: The Redskins don't have a second-round pick, so they'll have to wait until the top of the third round to draft a wide receiver to fill a major hole opposite Terry McLaurin. And they need to add more talent for second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins, who flashed as a rookie but was inconsistent overall.

Edwards has the size and quickness to separate on underneath routes for Haskins. He also has the physical tools to make plays on tight-window throws. He could become a play-action target for Haskins on posts, deep digs and seams. Washington added Cody Latimer in free agency, but it needs much more depth and talent here to speed up the development of Haskins.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If you're talking size in relation to their bodies, Beagles probably have one of the bigger paws. I currently have 11 puppies and the beagle looking one has enormous paws. It's weird really.

My beagle, Bolo, has mini paws and just tried to attack my big dog for getting to close to her spot with me.... she’s a 29lb lunatic. Channeling her inner Amik. 

On 1/29/2020 at 2:17 PM, volsmet said:

Siap

Robert Hunt is an OL with some buzz, he’s at RT here but will be a guard at the next level.

This guy is becoming a favorite in the draft community. 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:49 PM, volsmet said:

Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs, Reagor, Shenault, Gandy-Golden, Pittman, Jefferson, Collin Johnson, Peoples-Jones, Claypool, Quartney Davis (round sleeper for Mcshay), Tyler Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Jefferson, KJ Hill, Kendrick Rogers, Edwards, Mims, & Callaway are all guys multiple nfl scouts will have in their top 100 overall. 

Maybe we could pass on Jeudy & trade down. 🤨

Of the 21 listed in October, how many are still in the top 100 of a few scouts around the country? Callaway, Davis, Davis, Rogers probably don’t make many top 100s in this draft. Which WRs were missed ... Duvernay is one of them, Hamler another.

Edited at the 6 second mark or not, looks obviously edited to me. We’re going to see some sneaky 🤫 with these mock pro days, but Donald Driver vouches for this guy so I’m inclined to trust more of what comes out.

Archived