Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So using this to have some fun. I would say no to this trade. But I would consider Trent and #2 to Jax for Ngakue, #9 and #20. Here is what I did via TDN with that.

*Trade: 1.20 and 3.2 to Tampa Bay for 1.14

1.9: Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa

1.14: Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama

4.2: Albert O, TE Mizzou

4.38: Davion Taylor, LB Colorado

Not many picks but you get your LT and WR1 (Tbh, Jeudy would bump McLaurin to WR2 over time).

Add Ngakue at DE (plus presumably a huge extension) ... and you essentially turn #2, Trent and #66 into Tristan Wirfs, Jerry Jeudy, Yanick Ngakue

I’d want their #73 pick as well.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d want their #73 pick as well.

Well, I went with his suggestion of including Trent in the tweet. But the Jags don't really need an OT. They have 2 young OTs in Cam Robinson and Jawaan Taylor. Sure, they could upgrade from Cam Robinson, but it's not really a "need."

Some folks were throwing out the idea of trading #2 for 9+20+Ngakue a few weeks back. I said I wouldn't do it. But Yanick is a stud and just 25. So adding him + 9 and 20 would be valuable. Take Trent out of the trade and ship him off separately for a 3rd and, you get essentially what you want, just not a 3rd from the Jags.

On 3/30/2020 at 5:12 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Given my slight obsession with Yan Ngakoue at the moment, Maryland product who wants out at Jax, how about this. Now most will hate dropping to #9, but on the basis Jax wanted to take Young, eliminating the risk he becomes a Giant.

Jax get #2 and our 5th rounder.

Wash gets #9, #20, #73, Yan Ngakoue 

Keep in mind Jax have 12 picks, several nice mid rounders to exchange as balancing items in a trade. Hell, do the have a LT? The cap space they create by shifting Yan gets Trent on their books easily.

Must admit moving to #9 isn’t the best scenario. I do like the scenario where they are  taking Young though, and they do have a great depth of picks to negotiate over.

@JamesMadisonSkins the above might be too much in our favour, one thing for sure, he doesn’t want to be in Jax and they don’t want to pay him his 18mil tag amount.

@UK SKINS FAN 74 I missed that post! Spot on. So yeah, I think we are on the same page here with that scenario. The only reason I am okay with falling to #9 is because you get Ngakue as the pass-rusher / blue-chipper you "miss" by falling outside of the top 5. There's a small chance Simmons falls to #9 ... but even if he doesn't, you are in position to get the 3rd or better OT prospect ... OR probably the WR of your choosing.

In the scenario I threw out there, I would actually do whatever I could to move back to the top 15 to ensure I get the one of the options at OT or WR that I don't take at #9. Draft day is unpredictable, but I have yet to run a scenario where I like the players available at 18 or 20 in any trade-down scenario enough to make the passing on Chase palatable.

But if you told me we could turn the #2 pick into Ngakue, Wirfs and Jeudy I would be ecstatic.

21 minutes ago, volsmet said:

One of the more intriguing recruits of the last decade is a Hurricane, Jeff Thomas, I wonder if he sneaks into round 7.

I'd take Jeff Thomas over KJ Hill. Higher upside, athletic ability, better play strength, plus he can handle KR duties.

34 minutes ago, volsmet said:

One of the more intriguing recruits of the last decade is a Hurricane, Jeff Thomas, I wonder if he sneaks into round 7.

Total headcase. Quit on his high school and college team before coming back to both. I am a UM season ticket holder so I have followed his career so far. He has a ton of ability but his story doesn't end well in my opinion. Sad.

7 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

Total headcase. Quit on his high school and college team before coming back to both. I am a UM season ticket holder so I have followed his career so far. He has a ton of ability but his story doesn't end well in my opinion. Sad.

Yeah, he’s a pain to deal with & really didn’t have the combine many expected, but his feet are quick, he runs some incredible routes, he makes some absurd grabs, he’s played well against some great corners and he has the speed to threaten deep. He was crazy during his recruiting process ... crushed the all American game, then I forgot he existed for a couple years. Gifted but perhaps not worth a pick without the sub 4.4 40, limited size and production... but he can break dbs down better than a lot of speed wrs do.

53 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I think he’s a priority UDFA that would be drafted in any other draft class in recent memory in the 4-6 range. He can make a team.

Except for the fact he’s flakey.

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Yeah, he’s a pain to deal with & really didn’t have the combine many expected, but his feet are quick, he runs some incredible routes, he makes some absurd grabs, he’s played well against some great corners and he has the speed to threaten deep. He was crazy during his recruiting process ... crushed the all American game, then I forgot he existed for a couple years. Gifted but perhaps not worth a pick without the sub 4.4 40, limited size and production... but he can break dbs down better than a lot of speed wrs do.

yeah i thought he'd do better at the combine and he really needed to. I'd bet he goes undrafted but I hope I am wrong. Definitely easy to forget he existed playing in that ****ty Miami offense (praying Lashlee changes that) the last few years. Also he won't be helped by his coaches or teammates if they talk to them which I am sure they will in the situation we are in right now.

McShay's new 2 round mock today, lots of receivers go:

11. Jeudy

12.  Lamb

13.  Ruggs

20. Aiyuk

22. Jefferson

30.  Higgins

34. Pittman

36.  Mims

46. Shenault

50.  Reagor

60. Duvernay  (I like him a lot but this is the highest I've seen him)

For the O line, getting past the top 4 guys

26.  Josh Jones

33. Austin Jackson

61. Isaiah Wilson

14 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Is Shenault likely to drop due to his injury? I think if we trade out of #2 we’d be taking him with one of the picks we acquire. No chance he drops to #66 right?

Guys who will go ahead of him for sure:

Lamb

Jeudy

Ruggs

Reagor

Mims

Guys whom I think will or may go ahead of him:

Jefferson: I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Aiyuk (for whatever reason, front offices love him. Probably because they don't know what breakout age means and why it matters for WR's).

Pittman: Not sure where he goes.

Higgins: Expect him to go ahead of him.

So essentially I see at least 8 or 9 guys going before he goes. I suspect he goes mid to late day 2, or early day 3. 

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Guys who will go ahead of him for sure:

Lamb

Jeudy

Ruggs

Reagor

Mims

Guys whom I think will or may go ahead of him:

Jefferson: I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Aiyuk (for whatever reason, front offices love him. Probably because they don't know what breakout age means and why it matters for WR's).

Pittman: Not sure where he goes.

Higgins: Expect him to go ahead of him.

So essentially I see at least 8 or 9 guys going before he goes. I suspect he goes mid to late day 2, or early day 3. 

Funny you mention Aiyuk. Forget breakout age... I watched him a good length in the last few days. I have ~16 dudes ahead of him. I think he's got NFL potential. 16 this year is like... 8 in another year... but I don't see what it is about him that makes "scouts" jump. 

Lamb

Jeudy

Ruggs

Jefferson

Shenault

Mims

Higgins

Raegor

Davis

Pittman

Van Jefferson

Edwards

Duvernay

Gandy Golden

Antonio Gibson

Collin Johnson

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

3 hours ago, Redskin21502 said:

You are both right...lol. I'm also a Canes fan, live down here, and yes he is super intriguing because he can do things others can't, at an elite level. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone takes a flyer on him.  We don't know all the backstories as to why guys are the way they are, but sometimes all it takes is one person to help a young dude see the way. It isn't a bad gamble imo with a FA contract or even our 2nd 7th round pick..All depends how the interviews went and if they feel they can get the best outta him. Many have tried...

15 hours ago, KDawg said:

Funny you mention Aiyuk. Forget breakout age... I watched him a good length in the last few days. I have ~16 dudes ahead of him. I think he's got NFL potential. 16 this year is like... 8 in another year... but I don't see what it is about him that makes "scouts" jump. 

Lamb

Jeudy

Ruggs

Jefferson

Shenault

Mims

Higgins

Raegor

Davis

Pittman

Van Jefferson

Edwards

Duvernay

Gandy Golden

Antonio Gibson

Collin Johnson

For me:

Lamb

Jeudy

Ruggs

Higgins

Jefferson

Mims

Reagor

Pittman

Duvernay

Aiyuk

Shenault

Edwards (if healthy)

Tyler Johnson

Van Jefferson

Gibson

Hamler

Collin Johnson

Lynn Bowden

Gandy-Golden

Hightower

G. Davis

To me these guys below are really close as for ranking albeit they are different type of players.   Edwards is probably my pet favorite in that mix below in that I like him more than most but am wondering about his latest injury and history of being banged up some. I am not as high on Shenault, Hamler, Aiyuk as some.  I am also not as high on People-Jones as some, he doesn't even make my top 20.

Aiyuk

Shenault

Edwards (if healthy)

Tyler Johnson

Van Jefferson

Gibson

Hamler

Collin Johnson

Gandy-Golden

Hightower

Bowden

Archived