Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

QB: $32.0m (Dwayne Haskins)

EDGE: $18.9m (Chase Young, Montez Sweat)

WR: $18.0m (Terry McLaurin)
DT: $17.4m (Jon Allen, Daron Payne)

OT: $15.4m

CB: $14.5m

LB: $13.9m

IOL: $12.8m
RB: $9.2m

S: $12.6m
TE: $8.6m
K: $4.3m
P: $3.1m
LS: $1.2m

We could exit this draft with our 2 DL, 2 Edge, 1 WR and 1 QB ... all starters who have good to great to elite upside  .... on rookie deals. Big reason why next year, once we cut Alex Smith's contract loose, we are looking at $100+ million in cap space.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884272-2020-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-free-agency-predictions#slide0

Matt Miller 7 Round Mock

2) Chase Young Edge Ohio State

66) Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona St.

108) Matt Pert OT UConn

142) Thadeus Moss TE LSU

162) Colby Parkinson TE Stanford

216) Cale Garrett CB Missouri

229) Trystan Colon-Castillo IOL Missouri

7 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

quite the third round if so

65. BENGALS—G Robert Hunt, Louisiana-Lafayette

66. REDSKINS—WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State

67. LIONS—RB Cam Akers, Florida State

68. JETS (NYG)—EDGE Josh Uche, Michigan

69. PANTHERS—LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

70. DOLPHINS—WR Michael Pittman Jr., USC

71. CHARGERS—DL Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M

72. CARDINALS—EDGE Bradlee Anae, Utah

73. JAGUARS—WR Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado

74. BROWNS—LB Malik Harrison, Ohio State

75. COLTS—EDGE Curtis Weaver, Boise State

76. BUCCANEERS—RB Zack Moss, Utah

77. BRONCOS—OT Ben Bartch, Saint John's

78. FALCONS—DL Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma

79. JETS—CB Stanford Samuels III, Florida State

80. RAIDERS—DL James Lynch, Baylor

81. RAIDERS (CHI)—IOL Damien Lewis, LSU

82. COWBOYS—WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan

83. BRONCOS (PIT)—LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming

84. RAMS—LB Jacob Phillips, LSU

85. LIONS (PHI)—IOL Lloyd Cushenberry III, LSU

86. BILLS—RB Darrynton Evans, App. State

87. PATRIOTS—TE Adam Trautman, Dayton

88. SAINTS—LB Anfernee Jennings, Alabama

89. VIKINGS—EDGE Jabari Zuniga, Florida

90. TEXANS—EDGE Alton Robinson, Syracuse

91. RAIDERS (SEA)—CB Terrell Burgess, Utah

92. RAVENS—WR Gabriel Davis, UCF

93. TITANS—WR Devin Duvernay, Texas

94. PACKERS—TE Devin Asiasi, UCLA

95. BRONCOS (SF)—S Ashtyn Davis, California

96. CHIEFS—RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Vanderbilt

97. BROWNS (HOU)—IOL Tyre Phillips, Miss. State

98. PATRIOTS—WR Lynn Bowden, Kentucky

99. GIANTS—OT Saahdiq Charles, LSU

100. PATRIOTS—LB Troy Dye, Oregon

101. SEAHAWKS—IOL Matt Hennessy, Temple

102. STEELERS—CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

103. EAGLES—S Kenny Robinson, XFL

104. RAMS—EDGE Jonathan Greenard, Florida

105. VIKINGS—WR Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

106. RAVENS—EDGE Jason Strowbridge, North Carolina

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884272-2020-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-free-agency-predictions#slide0

Matt Miller 7 Round Mock

108) Matt Pert OT UConn

142) Thadeus Moss TE LSU

This is pretty legit and spot on. A nice mix of filling needs and landing upside talent on offense.

FA has, IMO, set us up to be okay for 2020 on defense. Lots of guys on 1 year prove it deals, vets on 1-year culture-setting deals ... and some rookies on their final year of their deals. But if we go into 2021 with over $100 million in cap space we are in a position to retain these players should they prove to be legit ... or spend serious money to bring in talent next off-season.

Let's draft Chase at #2 and load up this draft in the middle-rounds on offense. It's been a while since we've really gone heavy offense in a draft. The defense is in pretty good shape for 2020. Adding talent around Haskins would be a smart idea. Double-dipping at TE and/or WR would make sense, as would double-dipping at OT.

Assuming we get an addition 3rd at some point for Trent, that gives us ammo to double-up on WR, OT or TE.

Fehr is just off my big board and in priority UDFA territory. @volsmet

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This is pretty legit and spot on. A nice mix of filling needs and landing upside talent on offense.

FA has, IMO, set us up to be okay for 2020 on defense. Lots of guys on 1 year prove it deals, vets on 1-year culture-setting deals ... and some rookies on their final year of their deals. But if we go into 2021 with over $100 million in cap space we are in a position to retain these players should they prove to be legit ... or spend serious money to bring in talent next off-season.

Let's draft Chase at #2 and load up this draft in the middle-rounds on offense. It's been a while since we've really gone heavy offense in a draft. The defense is in pretty good shape for 2020. Adding talent around Haskins would be a smart idea. Double-dipping at TE and/or WR would make sense, as would double-dipping at OT.

Assuming we get an addition 3rd at some point for Trent, that gives us ammo to double-up on WR, OT or TE.

I wouldn't double dip at TE. The talent isn't deep enough to say "man, I haven't gotten enough after one, gimme two!".

Receiver? Maybe. 

We need a MIKE backer, but I don't think the staff sees it that way.

They're going to go BPA at each pick. Need won't be much of a factor I don't think. So guessing who we get is kind of a crap shoot. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They're going to go BPA at each pick. Need won't be much of a factor I don't think. So guessing who we get is kind of a crap shoot. 

I think you're probably right, but within reason. I think we have a roster that does allow for BPA, but I think there are positions where we absolutely need a player ... WR and TE being two ... OT likely another (though not as much with Lucas and Christian and another FA out there possibly).

I actually think our TE and OT situation don't require 2 rookies. One should more than suffice.

WR, however, because of how deep it is, could be an easy double-dip like we did last year. Someone would/could/should fall as Harmon did in 2019. We have a good young core of McLaurin-Sims-Harmon but we need a solid #2 and I would argue another piece to push Quinn or Lattimer off the roster. If someone like Bryan Edwards falls to the 5th round there is no reason you don't take him even if you land a Michael Pittman at 66. I think it's even more supported if you wait until R4 to go WR

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think you're probably right, but within reason. I think we have a roster that does allow for BPA, but I think there are positions where we absolutely need a player ... WR and TE being two ... OT likely another (though not as much with Lucas and Christian and another FA out there possibly).

I actually think our TE and OT situation don't require 2 rookies. One should more than suffice.

WR, however, because of how deep it is, could be an easy double-dip like we did last year. Someone would/could/should fall as Harmon did in 2019. We have a good young core of McLaurin-Sims-Harmon but we need a solid #2 and I would argue another piece to push Quinn or Lattimer off the roster. If someone like Bryan Edwards falls to the 5th round there is no reason you don't take him even if you land a Michael Pittman at 66. I think it's even more supported if you wait until R4 to go WR

Receiver would be a spot I could see a double dip. Corner as well. 

I'm curious if any of the DL would cause us to take them. There's some really good players in that DL group that could slip. Madubuike, Davidson, Davon Hamilton and possibly Neville Gallimore (Daniel Jeremiah dropped him out of his top 50). I think the Mad man is gone late first early second... But the rest could slide a little. It will be very interesting as I think the top portion of the DT class is top notch. Middle is... meh... bottom has potential (Kevin Thurmon, Auzoyah Alufohai, Bravvion Roy)

I think, despite the fact that the roster doesn't have many glaring holes, we still have a lot of ability to improve pretty much at every position. Which really allows you to go full on BPA.

I was also thinking about the tight end situation... With Turner's use of tight ends he's big time on board with using them as blockers and using receivers as weapons. Sims fits the mold as do many of the other weapons in the draft. So I'm curious, if for now, they aren't worried about tight end all that much. Hentges is a willing blocker, I've heard Rogers is. Sprinkle is. Logan Thomas is willing. They seem to be filling the tight end spot with guys who are willing blockers for their X2 and X3 tight end packages.

We tried to sign Olsen, Hooper at TE, Cooper at WR and also inquired over Diggs.

BPA and need essentially gets blurred very soon into the draft when you are left with batches of similar ranked players, but we simple have to invest in a TE and WR before we get into the 5th round.

If we trade back from #2 we’ll have picked one of each before the end of the 2nd round, in my opinion.

I agree, that was my dude until the foot injury.  Now you got some mystery about him, speed?  Injury?  But he's a fun watch with the ball in his hands, contested catches, strong hands.   IMO if he's healthy > Kelvin Harmon. 

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We tried to sign Olsen, Hooper at TE, Cooper at WR and also inquired over Diggs.

BPA and need essentially gets blurred very soon into the draft when you are left with batches of similar ranked players, but we simple have to invest in a TE and WR before we get into the 5th round.

If we trade back from #2 we’ll have picked one of each before the end of the 2nd round, in my opinion.

Yep, I'd put money 2 of the 3 3rd-4th round picks will be WR and TE. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, I'd put money 2 of the 3 3rd-4th round picks will be WR and TE. 

Here's how I would approach it (and how my sense is that most NFL front offices approach it). Players rated on a scale of 0 to 10. Or 0 to 100.

You pick at 66. There are 12 guys at the top of your board that hold grades between a 6.5 and 6.6. If your top need is a WR and there is a WR there, you take him. The exception being if there is just a far-higher rated player available at a non-need or lesser need that is too hard to pass up.

Example for pick 66 (assuming we take Chase at #2).

- All players are graded between a 6.2 and 6.3 ... there's 15 guys in that range. You go with the WR or TE who is in that range that best fits your system

- Exception: there's a player with a 6.6 grade (ranked #31 on your BB when the next best guy is #54) ... but he plays LG ... you probably take the LG because he's by far the best player available and is an upgrade to what you have at LG

- BUT if said player is your #31 ranked player with a grade of a 6.6 and he plays DE, a position you're deep at AND just drafted, then you pass on him for someone at a position of need.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

QB: $32.0m (Dwayne Haskins)

EDGE: $18.9m (Chase Young, Montez Sweat)

WR: $18.0m (Terry McLaurin)
DT: $17.4m (Jon Allen, Daron Payne)

OT: $15.4m

CB: $14.5m

LB: $13.9m

IOL: $12.8m
RB: $9.2m

S: $12.6m
TE: $8.6m
K: $4.3m
P: $3.1m
LS: $1.2m

We could exit this draft with our 2 DL, 2 Edge, 1 WR and 1 QB ... all starters who have good to great to elite upside  .... on rookie deals. Big reason why next year, once we cut Alex Smith's contract loose, we are looking at $100+ million in cap space.

Great stuff, it's critical that we find out about DH and that we have a good year to attract free agents....Don't we also have decisions to make on Allen, Reuben Foster and some others when their contracts expire next year?

59 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Matt Miller 7 Round Mock

108) Matt Pert OT UConn

142) Thadeus Moss TE LSU

Gipson and Davion Taylor seem to be moving up in a lot of these drafts. No Dotson in the entire thing, Wallace & McFarland incredibly late, Gallimore in the low 70s ... interesting. 

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

quite the third round if so

65. BENGALS—G Robert Hunt, Louisiana-Lafayette

66. REDSKINS—WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State

67. LIONS—RB Cam Akers, Florida State

68. JETS (NYG)—EDGE Josh Uche, Michigan

69. PANTHERS—LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

70. DOLPHINS—WR Michael Pittman Jr., USC

94. PACKERS—TE Devin Asiasi, UCLA

95. BRONCOS (SF)—S Ashtyn Davis, California

96. CHIEFS—RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Vanderbilt

97. BROWNS (HOU)—IOL Tyre Phillips, Miss. State

98. PATRIOTS—WR Lynn Bowden, Kentucky

99. GIANTS—OT Saahdiq Charles, LSU

100. PATRIOTS—LB Troy Dye, Oregon

101. SEAHAWKS—IOL Matt Hennessy, Temple

102. STEELERS—CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

Yes it is an amazing third round. Sure would set the roster with a few 2nd and 3rd rounders!

The WR talent is better than some first and second rounders.

For a draft week in IOL this round would have some decent talent

From my selfish side, I hate seeing Asiasi going this early

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Here's how I would approach it (and how my sense is that most NFL front offices approach it). Players rated on a scale of 0 to 10. Or 0 to 100.

You pick at 66. There are 12 guys at the top of your board that hold grades between a 6.5 and 6.6. If your top need is a WR and there is a WR there, you take him. The exception being if there is just a far-higher rated player available at a non-need or lesser need that is too hard to pass up.

Example for pick 66 (assuming we take Chase at #2).

- All players are graded between a 6.2 and 6.3 ... there's 15 guys in that range. You go with the WR or TE who is in that range that best fits your system

- Exception: there's a player with a 6.6 grade (ranked #31 on your BB when the next best guy is #54) ... but he plays LG ... you probably take the LG because he's by far the best player available and is an upgrade to what you have at LG

- BUT if said player is your #31 ranked player with a grade of a 6.6 and he plays DE, a position you're deep at AND just drafted, then you pass on him for someone at a position of need.

I would love a trade down to the middle of the 3rd if they have so many players rated similarly. 

16 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Gipson and Davion Taylor seem to be moving up in a lot of these drafts. No Dotson in the entire thing, Wallace & McFarland incredibly late, Gallimore in the low 70s ... interesting. 

Davion is not a great football player. Bryan Edwards is a stud. 

12 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yes it is an amazing third round. Sure would set the roster with a few 2nd and 3rd rounders!

The WR talent is better than some first and second rounders.

For a draft week in IOL this round would have some decent talent

From my selfish side, I hate seeing Asiasi going this early

It seems like the refrain from insider NFL types is that the opportunity to trade Trent for a first-2nd has been squandered.  The time to get that value was during the last season when contending teams had no other options and Trent was under contract for 2 more years.   Supposedly according to multiple national reporters, the best we can get now if we are lucky for Trent is a third.    I've been against trading Trent that cheaply.  But looking at all those guys I love in the third in that mock, it makes me reconsider that if that's the best they can get as to an offer.   I'd still though lean towards making Trent come back and try trading him again during the season. 

Man I was just thinking about the draft today and how these players are going to miss what it feels like to walk across that stage after being drafted into the NFL. I'm sure everyone of them dreamed of that moment. Not being a debbie downer, but I'm feeling some kinda way about this. Fact is, this moment never comes again for this group. Chase Young will be drafted via teleconference. I actually know him from a little league football team he and my son played on. Really wanted to see him enjoy that moment as well as the other players. If you've played and love this game like I do, you know what I mean.

Archived