13.  Ruggs

20. Aiyuk

22. Jefferson

30.  Higgins

34. Pittman

36.  Mims

46. Shenault

50.  Reagor

60. Duvernay  (I like him a lot but this is the highest I've seen him)

For the O line, getting past the top 4 guys

26.  Josh Jones

33. Austin Jackson

61. Isaiah Wilson

I’m about to draft a WR that nobody has mentioned on the ES despite the fact that we have talked WRs nonstop.

1B458402-A043-4537-B78E-5B5FEC00D848.gif

10 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sewell 🤤

Part of my desire to get a 2021 1st round pick in any trade down would be to be in position to add an elite LT next year. I have hopes that we can add a decent one through this draft if one falls ... but say someone like Isaiah Wilson makes it down to us at pick 66 ... he's a guy that could develop into a LT but probably fits better as a long-term RT. So I think there'd be room to upgrade LT in 2021.

That being said, we may be in position ourselves to get a pick in the Top 10 to get a top-tier OT anyway. But having a second #1 would help.

32 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Part of my desire to get a 2021 1st round pick in any trade down would be to be in position to add an elite LT next year. I have hopes that we can add a decent one through this draft if one falls ... but say someone like Isaiah Wilson makes it down to us at pick 66 ... he's a guy that could develop into a LT but probably fits better as a long-term RT. So I think there'd be room to upgrade LT in 2021.

That being said, we may be in position ourselves to get a pick in the Top 10 to get a top-tier OT anyway. But having a second #1 would help.

Minnesota has two firsts this year and is said to be kicking the tires on a deal for Trent. Would you deal Trent straight up for the Vikings 1st round pick in 2020? 

The Vikings would be loaded this year with their two 1st round picks and the rest of their draft. They could replace Diggs with one of the stud WR's coming out and add secondary help with their other picks. 

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Exactly what we should be saying too...

Yeah, I would agree. Bengals have a bit more negotiating power though, since they have #1 and presumably, Burrow.

But for us, I would tell the Chargers or Dolphins that they can get to 2 easier if they can get to 3. But the problem with that is, we'd essentially need to lock a deal in place with said team before they make the first trade, and they have to believe that there are others willing to do the same, otherwise they'll just sit at 3.

If you read the tea-leaves, the Dolphins won't give up more than 5 and 18 to move up to #2. That is not enough for the Skins. The Dolphins probably wouldn't want to offer Detroit that same package, especially on draft-day. I have always kind of felt the Lions and Dolphins trade that makes the most sense is 5 and 39 for 3. Or if the Lions hold out, 5 and 26 for 3. Let's just say 5 and 26 to be "conservative." If I am Washington, I would probably take anything to move from 2 to 3 assuming I still get Chase, but for the sake of this debate, let's say we ask for 56.

Lions get: 5 and 26

Redskins get: 3 and 56

Dolphins get: 2

Dolphins hold on to pick 18 and 39 and still move up to #2. I think they'd rather give up 5, 26 and 56 than they would 5 and 18. They're probably close enough on the trade chart, but having pick 18 with all of the mid-round selections probably makes it easier to trade back up from 18 to get a guy they want (OT?).

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Minnesota has two firsts this year and is said to be kicking the tires on a deal for Trent. Would you deal Trent straight up for the Vikings 1st round pick in 2020?

Do you mean their 2021 1st? Based on how this off-season has gone, absolutely. I think Ron would do that trade too, because he's building for the long-haul here, and I think he would place high value in having two #1s in 2021 ... especially if it can be done without moving off #2

@kingdaddy That trade for a 2021 1st from Minnesota would make a ton of sense. It would hamper us this year to find a future LT in the draft (probably a long-shot anyway with a 3rd rounder) ... but I think there are a couple stop-gap options out there to bridge the gap for a year.

But what if we decided to trade-down from #2 this year ... whether with Miami or LAC ... I would emphasize a 2021 pick. If it's the LAC I think I am asking for 1/2/3 and 1/2 next year. If it's Miami, maybe I do 5, 26, 70 and a 2021 1st.

@volsmet got me thinking about underrated or totally off the radar prospects ... I think I threw this name out there a couple times as a homer ... but two players on JMU this past season who I believe should be getting some attention and don't appear to be on any of the draft-rankings ... probably UDFA camp-body types

WR Brandon Polk (5'9 175) - 73-1,159-11 stat line in 2019 ... Transferred from Penn State prior to the 2019 season and led JMU's prolific passing offense in receiving ... also from Ashburn. Small frame but pretty explosive player.

WR Riley Stapleton (6'5 230) - 65 - 788 - 10 TDs ... including stat-lines of 9-162-2 and 10-100-2 in the final two games against Weber State (Semis) and North Dakota State (Championship) ... I know we have a lot of developmental/young TEs but Stapleton could be a perfect practice-squad player ... bulk him up, work on his in-line blocking ... see if he can develop into an NFL TE. His brother, Dylan, plays TE for JMU. Stapleton has almost an identical frame to former Dukes WR Daniel Brown who made the transition to TE in the NFL and is in his 6th year as a TE2/3 type currently with the Jets. Daniel Brown was 6'5 and 225 but bulked up to 6'5 247 in the NFL. Brown's final year stat-line was 42-667-7 as a WR in 2014 ...

CB Rashad Robinson (5'11 188) - was pre-season All-American after missing 2018. He and Jimmy Moreland locked it down back in 2017 for the JMU Defense. Robinson didn't have a big stat-line this year but he was rarely targeted on a dominant JMU defense. Had 3 Ints as a senior after having 7 as a sophomore in 2017.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah, I would agree. Bengals have a bit more negotiating power though, since they have #1 and presumably, Burrow.

But for us, I would tell the Chargers or Dolphins that they can get to 2 easier if they can get to 3. But the problem with that is, we'd essentially need to lock a deal in place with said team before they make the first trade, and they have to believe that there are others willing to do the same, otherwise they'll just sit at 3.

If you read the tea-leaves, the Dolphins won't give up more than 5 and 18 to move up to #2. That is not enough for the Skins. The Dolphins probably wouldn't want to offer Detroit that same package, especially on draft-day. I have always kind of felt the Lions and Dolphins trade that makes the most sense is 5 and 39 for 3. Or if the Lions hold out, 5 and 26 for 3. Let's just say 5 and 26 to be "conservative." If I am Washington, I would probably take anything to move from 2 to 3 assuming I still get Chase, but for the sake of this debate, let's say we ask for 56.

Lions get: 5 and 26

Redskins get: 3 and 56

Dolphins get: 2

Dolphins hold on to pick 18 and 39 and still move up to #2. I think they'd rather give up 5, 26 and 56 than they would 5 and 18. They're probably close enough on the trade chart, but having pick 18 with all of the mid-round selections probably makes it easier to trade back up from 18 to get a guy they want (OT?).

Do you mean their 2021 1st? Based on how this off-season has gone, absolutely. I think Ron would do that trade too, because he's building for the long-haul here, and I think he would place high value in having two #1s in 2021 ... especially if it can be done without moving off #2

Yes, that's what I meant, 2021 1st....good catch

I appreciate we’d need to consider any trade offer that comes in but there is 0 chance we are contenders this year take the closest thing to a guarantee and go again next year

Plus man it would be nice to have a genuinely ****ing elite football player which it looks like Young could be

Schrager is fairly plugged in and tends to go with his sources when he does the rare mock so I take him somewhat seriously.  For example he was one of the guys relatively early on saying some of the personnel people he was speaking to told him they thought that draft geeks had Haskins up too high in their mocks among other things.   

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.45.37 PM.png

10 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Surprised to see Diggs so low & Gallimore out, Gallimore is easily a top 50 guy imo, he abused guys in the sr bowl. 

Wholeheartedly agree with Gallimore. He was 26 on my first big board. Second one is coming this weekend but I’m not sure he’s going to move. He’s not one of the guys I’ve negatively re-evaluated. He’s excellent. 

Archived