Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Bottom line: there will be solid WRs to grow into our WR2 from every Luck from 3.2 to 5.2. Just depends I guess on who we like and who else is there at each pick.

Still want KJ Hill though. Remember it’s about the tape not the combine scores. Some of these low testing guys may fall and be huge values. Didn’t Harmon fall after some slumping combine tests? Was R2-3 guy and we got him in R6

Feel like this draft is shaping up to go:

Chase

*turn 66 into 2 more picks in R3/4 and have 5 picks between R3-5

Heavy offensive focus with a defender sprinkled in. 

WR, TE, CB, LB, OT with WR and TE being first two picks due to need

If we trade Trent that substantially changes things. TBH if we trade Trent I’d be inclined to cut Moses and bring Conklin in with the $20m those two would save us in cap and draft an OT with the pick for Trent and again later in R5 for depth 

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

My theory is teams don't want him to actually play WR for them, but they want to see him run WR routes here, to see how versatile he is. The RB groups catch passes but it's not like this, and they can see his fluidity (especially more downfield) matched up right next to all the actual, natural WR's. 

Yeah, this was my initial thought as well (and still is).  

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mims with a 4.4 40, just as I feared, crap, he's going in the 2nd. 

Think I remember reading he was hoping to break into the 4.3 range, so I can’t say I’m surprised.  

I knew he was fast, explosive, a fierce blocker, had great size (and uses it well, some don’t) and PFF was impressed with his route tree throughout Senior Bowl week.  On top of all of that, his analytics are very reassuring.  

Despite some concerns about drops, in any other class, I figured he was a slam dunk 1st rounder.  In this one, I think the floor is mid 2nd with a decent chance at going in the 1st.  Frankly, he should be in the discussion for top 3 in this class IMO.  

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yo

And there it is.  This dude is a stud.

Agree with Tuls, Pittman running a 4.52 is awesome for him.  I also really liked his tape.  I keep seeing him going in the 5th or later, but I think 3rd-4th is more likely (depth of draft class could screw with a lot of these guys though).  

40 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Chase

If we trade Trent that substantially changes things. TBH if we trade Trent I’d be inclined to cut Moses and bring Conklin in with the $20m those two would save us in cap and draft an OT with the pick for Trent and again later in R5 for depth 

Tennessee tried to trade us Conklin & Davis. 

Also, I gotta say, I’m coming around to the idea of trading back.  If we landed say - Simmons or Okudah, Mims and Josh Jones, and the Giants didn’t land Young... I don’t know man.  If we traded back with one of those and also got Davis-Gaither or Dugger?   That’s a lot of potential for this roster (and staff).  

Speaking of which, Rivera talking about loving personnel versatility... Simmons, ADG, Dugger, Deguara, Claypool, Antonio Gibson and Wanotoga are some guys that fit off the top of my head (along with a bunch more olinemen I gather).  

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I’d give up a conditional 5th for Davis in a second 

I loved Davis coming out of WMU, I don’t know what happened with him. 

On 1/31/2020 at 1:10 AM, volsmet said:

Trade back & trade Trent:

1: Burrow

2: Tua

3: Young

4: Wills

Draft in round 1:

Simmons & Ruggs

Round 2: Diggs

Round 2: Duggar

Round 3: Gaither

Round 3: Hamler

Round 4: Weaver

Round 4: Terrell Lewis
Round 5: Adeniji

Round 5: Antoine Brooks

Round 6: Blackmon

DH won’t need a lot of time if Mclaurin, Hamler & Ruggs are his wide outs. 🤔

Duggar, Gaither, Brooks & Blackmon are all versatile guys between the numbers & Simmons is the most versatile prospect I’ve seen in a long time. Weaver/Lewis give us gifted options opposite Sweat. Dunbar & Diggs take care of the outside. 

Duggar 

Collins 

Gaither          Simmons                     

Dunbar              Sweat Allen Payne Kerrigan/Weaver/Lewis   Moreland    Diggs

Versatility for days, win at life & at football. 

Delirious late night draft trade scenarios, what a time to be alive. We’d be threatening on each side, certainly.

*I do believe the rest of the division would 🤫 themselves if they had to plan for Mclaurin, Ruggs & Hamler. Add Hunter Henry in FA & we take over.

@skinny21 versatility 

Absolutely @volsmet   

I really do wonder what the heck we’re going to do about our linebackers... and I could definitely see our ex-linebacker coaches loving Simmons.  Doubt they go there at #2, but 1) you never know, 2) good chance he’s there at 5 (maybe even a bit later), and 3) if he’s not, they probably just landed the top OT on their board.

Oh, and while I’ve been with you big time on Simmons, ADG and now we seem aligned on Mims... I’m actually not sold on Weaver.  I mean, he’s no Chase Winovich...

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Absolutely @volsmet   

I really do wonder what the heck we’re going to do about our linebackers... and I could definitely see our ex-linebacker coaches loving Simmons.  Doubt they go there at #2, but 1) you never know, 2) good chance he’s there at 5 (maybe even a bit later), and 3) if he’s not, they probably just landed the top OT on their board.

Oh, and while I’ve been with you big time on Simmons, ADG and now we seem aligned on Mims... I’m actually not sold on Weaver.  I mean, he’s no Chase Winovich...

Your boy Winovich is nasty. Dugger, Collins, Gaither, Foster, Holcomb, Simmons would give us an infinite number of possibilities in the middle of the field. Dugger is working out at LB I believe in Indi.

Raegor isn't as fast as people (Jeremiah) think he is.  Someone in this thread pointed out that they didn't think he had an elite top gear, and they were right.  He's explosive and an excellent leaper, but the long speed is just good rather than great.

Hodgins was reported to be a 4.6 guy and that's what he ran.  He's going to be available in day three.

As is Cephus after that God awful 40.  He does play faster than that, but it's pretty clear he doesn't know how to run. He put up a tight end bench number, and a tight end 40... That guy has some serious knucklehead vibe to him.  I like his game quite a bit.  But he is sketchy AF.  I honestly don't see how you can draft him before the seventh round.  But in that range, he offers enormous value.

Shenault's 40 was lousy.  You can't be that raw of a receiver and run that slow.  Not when you're supposed to be an elite running back at the position.  It's time to accept that he's like a late day two or early day three value at the position and move on.

Disappointed that Hamler and Bowden didn't run.  Wanted to see Proche run too.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Chase

Assuming there's no good deal to be had for our malcontents that's the way I'd go. Try and turn that 3 into a 3+4. And hope for the best. There will be tight ends and wide receivers available. TE, WR, RB, CB OT (gonna be real tough to get one in round 3 or 4 tho)

IF they can unload the dead weight, let's assume a 2nd this year for Trent and a 3rd for Dunbar, you're looking at:

Chase, 2,3,3,4,4,5,7,7

That would be amazing for the franchise.

49 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I loved Davis coming out of WMU, I don’t know what happened with him. 

Honesty? That’s why I don’t develop crushes on receivers out of college. It’s virtually impossible to know who thrives. I feel like a majority of the elite receivers in the nfl weren’t first rounders

With that said, I’d rather just wait til next year and draft Devonte Smith.

Archived