Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

44 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’ve seen arguments for each, mountaindog on youtube is big on rolling the shoulders. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I never paid much attention, I just go lift, but recently I’ve seen this debated & I’m intrigued by it. My best bench was 400, I don’t think I’ll get there again, but I’m interested in seeing if technique changes can help me improve, I have never been much of a technician. 🤔

Hahaha, I can't even deadlift that much.  Womp womp, I'm weak.

30 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Harrison Bryant looks like a gamer.  Ran some routes with bursts out of his breaks.

I missed the TE exercises but recorded it, I like Harrison's game a lot from the games I watched, IMO he needs to improve his blocking though.

J. Jefferson with as 4.44?  Some thought previously he might be slowish relatively speaking.  I think that ensures he's going by the mid 2nd at the latest. 

KJ Hill at his size running a 4.61?   5th rounder now?

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I hope Trautman's 4.8 drops him to us in the 3rd

I think he had a shot of being in the third even before that. 

26 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Hahaha, I can't even deadlift that much.  Womp womp, I'm weak.

If someone ever gives us a reason to two-hand push them, Kdawg & I are prepared; The bench is only slightly more useless than male nipples. Squats & deadlifts are legit, curls & bench are my favorite douche bag *exercises... I excel in all forms of doucheness.... Just ask my gf, or John Ratzenberger. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gandy-Golden 4.6, 4.62, I guessed that one somewhat correctly.  Some draft geeks said he's fast, some said on the slower side.  He struck me on the slower side.  Not that 4.6 is that bad but it doesn't make him the size-speed freak that some geeks depicted him being.  

Next tweet:

Gandy Golden has been asked to perform TE drills.

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Next tweet:

He looks more like a DT to me.  😉

13 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Next tweet:

Actually though Gandy-Golden has got though one heck of a physique.  He can perhaps even go toe to toe with @KDawg as to bench pressing. 

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Hypothetically, Detroit offers #3+Hockenson for #2 (where they take Chase Young).  Miami Offers #26+2021 2nd rounder for #3 to take Tua.  Giants take Willis at #4. We take Okudah at #5.  We take Patrick Queen at #26.

Is Okudah+Queen+Hockenson+2021 2nd enough to pass on Chase Young?

Not even close. NO! 

I figured tweets like this were coming because there was some buzz from Redskins fans that Hill could be the next McLaurin.  I liked Hill but didn't love him, graded him as a 4th rounder, said so when I did my review weeks back, and said he's no McLaurin.  He's not as fast or as physical or as twitchy as McLaurin.  Hill has good hands, though and can get open quickly on short digs and outs.  I think in the pros just like college he's a slot guy.   The Michael Thomas analogy below isn't apt and if anything it brings home why I think Hill drops now to the 5th or so.  Thomas is a physical beast.    Hill is physically looks fine but IMO as a player he doesn't play that physical. It's OK for a physical beast like Gandy-Golden to run a 4.6 but for someone like Hill I think it hurts his stock. 

With Bryan Edwards on the shelf, Mims is my favorite receiver among the ones who can drop past the 2nd round.  I am dying to see what he runs.  He's a fun watch.  So physical, might be the best run blocker of the bunch aside from C. Lamb. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 7.38.04 PM.png

People Jones looked like an athletic freak on the field, wished I saw though more production.  But he deserves a break I presume because of the wretched QB play he was subjected to. 

I haven't watched Chase Claypool but now i must, he's killing it.

Kmet is having himself a combine among others.  Sullivan, too. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Also, is it really that important for a TE to have a blazing 40 time? 

IMO yes within context.  No one really does "blazing" as for TEs so I don't think that applies.   Depends on the type of TE.  I like Kmet's numbers in the context of his play.  So 4.7 isn't hot.  But for a bigger-wider dude like him who can block, its a good time. 

Kelce ran a 4.63, Kittle a 4.52.  So if you get a TE with some speed, it certainly doesn't hurt.   And if I am drafting a TE who is more known for supposed explosiveness and pass catching versus blocking (as many of these guys are characterized) I'd want some speed.  These guys for the most part aren't Mark Bavaro, Don Warren types. 

@volsmet

Markus Bailey looked pretty good in 2018, he even had a pick 6 off Dwayne Haskins. I could only find his game against Nevada for 2019 and he looked less explosive than the year before. 

In my mind he’s behind a guy like Logan Wilson from Wyoming as far as those less explosive, but well-graded coverage LB’s who still bring good to decent run defense. Especially with that injury history and 2019 level explosiveness. He’s got good pop though on his pass rush snaps, but his hand technique is nowhere near someone like Akeem Kdawg Gaithers. 

@Skinsinparadise

I’m with you on KJ Hill dropping, especially with that 40 time. Plus, the majority of his production was all underneath stuff that any average NFL slot guy can reproduce. If we’re drafting for the slot, I want someone different from Sims who brings a special trait that separates him from the pack. Guys like Devin Duvernay or John Hightower, or Jauan Jennings maybe. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

MO yes within context.  No one really does "blazing" as for TEs so I don't think that applies.   Depends on the type of TE.  I like Kmet's numbers in the context of his play.  So 4.7 isn't hot.  But for a bigger-wider dude like him who can block, its a good time. 

Kelce ran a 4.63, Kittle a 4.52.  So if you get a TE with some speed, it certainly doesn't hurt.   And if I am drafting a TE who is more known for supposed explosiveness and pass catching versus blocking (as many of these guys are characterized) I'd want some speed.  These guys for the most part aren't Mark Bavaro, Don Warren types. 

Fair, but at the same time, rarely will a team be sending a TE on a Fly Route. To me it only matters in terms of breakaway speed with the ball in his hands, but IMO that criteria isn't all the high up on my list of key intangibles for a TE. Naturally it separates the elite TE from the upper echelon ones, but I would assume by that point teams are choosing based mostly on personal preference and scheme.

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I feel like Aiyuk's time is a disappointment.

I was somewhat disappointed by Lamb and Jeudy's verticals. Ruggs is killing it though. I wonder if he could even be catapulted into the 1st or 2nd WR selected. He has the size, insane speed, great hands, decent production, and insane athleticism. He isn't as precise a route runner as Jeudy but he's pretty good and his speed makes up for it. If he works to perfect it at the next level he could be super dangerous. 

8 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

@Skinsinparadise

I’m with you on KJ Hill dropping, especially with that 40 time. Plus, the majority of his production was all underneath stuff that any average NFL slot guy can reproduce. If we’re drafting for the slot, I want someone different from Sims who brings a special trait that separates him from the pack. Guys like Devin Duvernay or John Hightower, or Jauan Jennings maybe. 

Agree.  I really like Duvernay a lot.  @RWJ brought him to my attention and IMO he's right about him.  He's explosive-a gamer.  But I think he's likely a pure slot guy and seems like we need a Z.

I was watching Rivera talk to the NFL Network crew earlier on today.  He touted the depth of receiver in this draft.  He said he believes the front 7 is more important than the secondary.    I've seen him now multiple times really hype the importance of the MLB in a good front seven.   He said he likes to have a physical corner to deal with physical receivers and a fast CB to deal with fast receivers on his roster.

If I had to piece together what that might mean?

A.  They will take a receiver but probably not early

B.  They like the idea of Chase Young fortifying the D line but really really want a MLB.

On another interview he mentioned moving Cole Holcomb to OLB.  If so am guessing they are on the hunt either in FA or the draft for a MLB. 

Dmv

Boise State WR John Hightower ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Hightower (6'1/189) coming on with a strong 40 sprint on Thursday as he looks to make his case for a Day 3 draft selection. The Boise State deep threat runs into issues on the strength and concentration fronts, but hey, if he can get open, he can stay open.

SOURCE: NFL.com
Feb 27, 2020, 6:52 PM ET

Archived