Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Queen is so nasty, the all 22 is a must for ilbs.

Agree, I wrote up something about him here months ago.  He's also a chess piece type even though he can play pure MLB if need be.  Can cover, stuff the run, side line to side line speed, blitzing the A gap and even sometimes via the edge

I haven’t gone back through all of the pages today to look, but a couple things stood out from Ron’s presser today which relate to the draft/

1. he loves position flexibility. Called out Holcomb as a guy who has shown some of it and you can hear how much he likes it because he doesn’t want to have a “tell.”

2. Question was asked poorly, but he was asked if they had an answer at TE on the roster or if that was what the draft was for. (The questioner should have left out the draft part. It’s like rule #1 of interviewing, don’t give the guy the answer in the question.) regardless, he said “that’s what the draft is for.” Which to me means nothing except they might sign a TE in FA or draft one.  But it’s certainly on the radar.

3. he made comments about receivers being more ready and having different body types than they used to. 

4. specifically when asked about trading down he said they were evaluating everything but had to wait for the first pick to be made to know what to do.  

32 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

TE with size and a bit of wiggle. Check out the spin move and the ease by which he catches the ball. Full disclosure...its Youtube. But I'm biased to Ohio players. Kelsey played for UC (Cincinnati) and is balling out at this level

Your guy is getting a lot of hype right now, could go in the top 50!

51 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Not specifically draft related, but isn't it comforting to see our head coach and director of personnel step in front of a mic and not cringe thinking how they were going to embarrass us next.  It's been a while.

Nice to see a couple guys you don’t want to punch in the throat. 

12 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Not talking to every possible top 15 pick is criminal negligence.  You need to have grades on all of them both to figure out what you want to do or why people are moving up and what it should cost them. And if you move back, you need to have talked to the players available from 5-15.

It’s just common sense. 

On 2/25/2020 at 3:04 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Drew Bloodsoe was one of thee best QBs in the league for almost his entire career and that was being compared to sure thing first ballot HoFers, so that is one awesome comparison.

Not to be argumentative, but, no he wasn't. if you want to go by DVOA:

'93 30th

'94 19th

'95 25th

'96 18th

'97 13th

'98 10th

'99 30th

'00 18th

'02 21st

'03 35th

'04 20th

'05 20th

I think those rankings are a bit harsh, depending upon your metric you can get a lot higher rankings, raw fantasy stats wise, he tends to sit 6th-12th for the bulk of his prime years, if you go by DYAR instead of DVOA it's much kinder too, but regardless, you can either get rougher rankings based on DVOA, or kinder rankings on more counting stat like systems, but even in the friendliest of interpretations, he was always sitting there somewhere between 6th-12th at best, and 10th-25th by harsher grading systems. He was basically a slightly above mediocre QB for the bulk of his career, not bad enough to be replaced, not good enough to be a genuine franchise level difference maker. He was just productive, kind of a 1990's/early aughts less statistically impressive version of Kirk Cousins. Don't take that to mean I think he sucked. I don't and didn't. He was just never any better than pretty good to solid. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 11.53.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 7.06.24 PM.png

It was interesting looking at the list until I noticed that he had Zack Moss as his #1 RB, which was hysterical, and then a big drop off before Swift. No Dobbins, no Taylor, no Akers (not as much a surprise), no CEH unless I didn't see him.....At this point I just know I'm crapping over everyone's WR's and RB's, but when someone puts Moss #1 overall in this RB class, which at the top is as deep and good as the '17 and '18 mega classes, it's beyond hysterical. It's like putting Samaje Perine atop the '17 group, or Ronald Jones ahead of Barkley, Chubb and Guice in '18, or Monty ahead of Miles Sanders last year, but significantly worse than those examples because its not even remotely close to those comical one's.

Apologize for coming off as a know it all, jerk, but man, when it comes to the RB's, what in the hell is that guy thinking?!?!?! More power to him if he nails it w/that craziness, but standing where I am right now, it looks like one of the most foolish rankings I've seen in the past decade. 

If you dont talk to the 2 QBs considered possible franchise QBs, you are bad at your job.  Also, as good as Chase Young might be, if you dont seriously consider taking one of those QBs because you have a QB you dont like as much on your roster but he was taken in a high round, you are also bad at your job.

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

Somehow I’ve lost Chase & Simmons to other ESers, but Diggs & Uche are still all mine.

I haven't watched Uche but loved what I've read about him.  I've watched Diggs and I like him but he's not my favorite CB post Okudah.

Trying to think who are my guys so to speak?

I think I started the Edwards-Helaire stuff here. Love him as a player but I doubt we take him so that's all in vein. 

Arnette -- but the character stuff concerns me

O'Grady (as a late round grab):  character issues, too so don't think they take him.

Bryan Edwards:  love him, but he broke his foot, doubt they take him now 

Patrick Queen -- I think I was one of the first raving about him but alas I don't think we will be taking him

I think I am the leader of the Akeem-Davis push.

I need a guy who I think they will actually take.  😀  

Ignoring the obvious stud prospects, I am with a few people here big on Mims  and Trautman and Jaylon Johnson and Noah Igbinhohne and Ashtyn Davis and Tyler Johnson, and bunch of receivers who I am holding back on from being all in until I see their 40 times today.   I think I've dived into the TEs here the most.  I like a bunch of the TEs (but don't love any) but their 40 times are key for me:  Kmet, Harrison Bryant, Hunter Bryant (if he can still run after bulking up), Hopkins - lower rounds I do like Pickney and maybe Albert O (I want to see what he runs), I go back and forth on him.

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You sit on a throne of lies.

Ok, I stand corrected on him.  I don't recall you adding anything to my Akeem-Davis stuff when I posted on him.  So you hit him up in the past?  😀 

If so, I'll battle you on another,  I think I was on Simmons before you went to town on him.  😀

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ok, I stand corrected on him.  I don't recall you adding anything to my Akeem-Davis stuff when I posted on him.  So you hit him up in the past?  😀 

If so, I'll battle you on another,  I think I was on Simmons before you went to town on him.  😀

Yes. Vols posted stuff (I don't post much, I'm trying to watch film for my opponents this year, so I watch what you guys put up and combine that with what I watched this year). I saw it. 

He won me. From the first first clip. 

This was over a month ago. Your stuff was behind the 8-ball. :ols:

And you were on Simmons in this thread. But I treat him better.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. Vols posted stuff (I don't post much, I'm trying to watch film for my opponents this year, so I watch what you guys put up and combine that with what I watched this year). I saw it. 

He won me. From the first first clip. 

This was over a month ago. Your stuff was behind the 8-ball. :ols:

And you were on Simmons in this thread. But I treat him better.

Vols on Simmons first.  I talked about him during the college season.  I recall SteveMcQueen among others, too.   But yep, it's true no one has shown Simmons that type of love as you have.  You and Simmons are like what I was with Guice before the 2018 draft.😀

Archived