Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

42 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I was enamored with your guy when I watched bits of PSU games this season,  but when I really focused on him this winter I couldn’t help but vomit while watching the football repeatedly hit the turf.

Ah. So youtube lies. Damnit!!

Great example of what happens when quick feeds form opinions and analysis. lol. Remember when Jay Gruden talked about using Youtube for some of his anaysis? 

Thanks for the catch (pun intended)

15 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Ah. So youtube lies. Damnit!!

Great example of what happens when quick feeds form opinions and analysis. lol. Remember when Jay Gruden talked about using Youtube for some of his anaysis? 

Thanks for the catch (pun intended)

He’s still a guy who can change a game in a hurry, I like Hamler but not as much as I did seeing him on game day ..... whilst rocking out to Rocky Top. 

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

He’s still a guy who can change a game in a hurry, I like Hamler but not as much as I did seeing him on game day ..... whilst rocking out to Rocky Top. 

If Hamler falls to like the 6th or 7th round, I'd see what he has. But I can tell you, drops at the wide receiver position are infuriating for me. I can't stomach them :ols:

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If Hamler falls to like the 6th or 7th round, I'd see what he has. But I can tell you, drops at the wide receiver position are infuriating for me. I can't stomach them :ols:

I highly doubt he drops past the 3rd round, even with being ranked 103 out of 106 receivers with his drops. That speed and separation (4th best separator in the class) will be enough for someone to take a chance on him. He will be dangerous in the slot.

Just now, KDawg said:

As long as it's one of the 50% of the passes he catches! :ols:

You're right, though. He won't be there. And I am at peace. 

I feel you.

He's got a good shot at being picked by the Eagles, if the noise is to be believed. So we might have to get a rain check on that peace unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Fresh8686 said:

I feel you.

He's got a good shot at being picked by the Eagles, if the noise is to be believed. So we might have to get a rain check on that peace unfortunately.

That's even better. Hamler across the middle... "BAH GAWD KING! COLLINS HAS SENT THAT MAN STRAIGHT TO HELL (with a perfectly legal hit, placed with his shoulder into Hamler's shoulder, of course)"

It'll suck the 2x that he burns us for 80 yards. But the 12 times he drops the wide open passes will be cool. 

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

OMG bro!! I played the position and it absolutely baffles me when NFL players drop balls. That's why I hate the fact that Jordan Reed is gone, situation withstanding.

I believe most oddsmakers have Miami & Washington with the longest odds to win the SB next year — that means we are the worst teams in the league, and that means that Miami pick is more likely to lead to Trevor Lawrence than anyone else’s, with our own being 2nd.

Trade down, bet on that Miami tank job being a year late, get Tua to them, & see if Haskins leads us to Sewell. 

One roster was built to lose, let’s put some faith in their ability to fail. Let’s make them pay for the 1972 SB.

12 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I believe most oddsmakers have Miami & Washington with the longest odds to win the SB next year — that means we are the worst teams in the league, and that means that Miami pick is more likely to lead to Trevor Lawrence than anyone else’s, with our own being 2nd.

Trade down, bet on that Miami tank job being a year late, get Tua to them, & see if Haskins leads us to Sewell. 

One roster was built to lose, let’s put some faith in their ability to fail. Let’s make them pay for the 1972 SB.

Yeah, that’s one of the draws to trading back with them - they’ve got 2 1st rounders in 2021 and their natural one may well be a top 5.  Take the future 1st rather than a 2nd.  Of course, that’s sort of a double gamble against Tua... with losing Chase in the process.  Hmm.  

I’ll say this though - if we do trade out with Miami and get 18 from them, I’m hoping for a trade back... loving the depth of this class.  

6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, that’s one of the draws to trading back with them - they’ve got 2 1st rounders in 2021 and their natural one may well be a top 5.  Take the future 1st rather than a 2nd.  Of course, that’s sort of a double gamble against Tua... with losing Chase in the process.  Hmm.  

I’ll say this though - if we do trade out with Miami and get 18 from them, I’m hoping for a trade back... loving the depth of this class.  

Here's where my master plan comes into play. Trade with Miami. Ask for #5, #18, #56 and their 2021 1st.

Turn around and try to trade 5 and 18 to Detroit to get back to take Chase, hoping that they're cool with getting 2 impact defenders instead of 1.

Net a late 2nd this year, and Miami's #1 next year. Get Chase.

Or as @Rufus T Firefly said, you take Simmons, hopefully Thomas, and a WR in the 2nd (or trade down from there for more 3's). I would, in that scenario, be tempted to go Jeudy+Thomas. Just make that offense dominant.

8 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

If Cinci goes QB, I’d think they’d be out on Lawrence ... but if they’re picking first, they’ll likely have a new FO. Miami’s pick in 2021 is the most valuable asset on the board imo, I’d rather have that than pick 5 this year. 

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Here's where my master plan comes into play. Trade with Miami. Ask for #5, #18, #56 and their 2021 1st.

Turn around and try to trade 5 and 18 to Detroit to get back to take Chase, hoping that they're cool with getting 2 impact defenders instead of 1.

Net a late 2nd this year, and Miami's #1 next year. Get Chase.

And if DH is great, we get anything we want - from any team we want for Lawrence. 

Don’t let my man Steve see this.

Redskins coach Ron Rivera said the team will "explore all options" with the No. 2 overall pick in April's draft.

Rivera's words could be chalked up to coach-speak, but it's worth noting the team will bring in both Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa for meetings as part of their pre-draft process. Washington could also make out like bandits if trading back, though that entails losing Ohio State DE Chase Young if the organization moves back any further than third overall. With multiple needs at tight end, wide receiver, offensive line, and cornerback, cementing Young as the No. 2 overall selection seems far from decided.

Feb 26, 2020, 2:54 PM ET
  •  

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Maybe Miami are bluffing everyone. Just watch them trade back from #5 to pick up extra 2021 picks including another 1st rounder. They then ride with Fitzmagic and get their new QB in 2021 :bye:

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

After seeing Chase Claypool with 22 reps, i'm totally down with drafting him later and converting him to TE.

Where are you seeing that?

SIP's post above says he only did 19, while Cephus with that convict strength, repped out 23, while being 36lbs less.

Speaking of TE's. It's kind of funny/weird that PFF's comp for Jacob Breeland is Caleb Wilson. Who I believe we still have on the team after poaching him from the Cardinals practice squad.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

After seeing Chase Claypool with 22 reps, i'm totally down with drafting him later and converting him to TE.

We need to get a contest done for the ES, I wonder who here can get 20+. Useless, yet interesting.

D46B0441-4CE3-4963-B9D0-ED1B8E3FD406.gif

According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, one Bengals club official said LSU QB Joe Burrow's interview was "the best he ever attended."

It should come as no surprise that Burrow (6'3/221) is crushing interviews, especially with the team assumed to be picking him first overall. Hobson writes that Burrow was engaging throughout, giving back-and-forths to each and every Bengals staffer at the meeting, including HC Zac Taylor. Surely Burrow will draw similar reviews from the other teams he interviews with, but considering it is the Bengals who have all the power in this year's draft, it is especially notable when they seem to be impressed by him.

Feb 26, 2020, 4:59 PM ET
  •  

5452F6BF-298B-4D1C-8CD2-6A959148296C.gif

Archived