Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

The trade-up scenario is important to explain. The draft order has the Lions at No. 3, the Giants at No. 4, the Dolphins at No. 5, the Chargers at No. 6 and the Panthers at No. 7. The Giants aren't drafting a quarterback after using a top-10 pick on Daniel Jones last year, so why do teams need to jump them? To make sure no one else does.

Some are already speculating that Washington could make the second pick available as well, but from what I've heard, that won't happen. Young is the best pass-rushing prospect maybe in the last decade, and there's a need there.

1. Cincinnati Bengals—QB Joe Burrow, LSU
2. Washington Redskins—EDGE Chase Young, Ohio State
3. Miami Dolphins (from Detroit)—QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama*
4. New York Giants—OT Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama
5. Detroit Lions (from Miami)— *CB Jeff Okudah, Ohio State
6. Los Angeles Chargers—QB Justin Herbert, Oregon
7. Carolina Panthers—LB Isaiah Simmons, Clemson
8. Arizona Cardinals—WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
9. Jacksonville Jaguars—CB CJ Henderson, Florida
10. Cleveland Browns—OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
11. New York Jets—OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
12. Oakland Raiders—WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma
13. Indianapolis Colts—QB Jordan Love, Utah State
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers—EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU
15. Denver Broncos—DL Derrick Brown, Auburn
16. Atlanta Falcons—EDGE A.J. Epenesa, Iowa
17. Dallas Cowboys—CB Kristian Fulton, LSU
18. Miami Dolphins (from Pittsburgh)—OT Josh Jones, Houston
19. Oakland Raiders (from Chicago)—LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
20. Jacksonville Jaguars (from L.A. Rams)—DL Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina
21. Philadelphia Eagles—WR Henry Ruggs III, Alabama
22. Buffalo Bills—WR Tee Higgins, Clemson
23. New England Patriots—TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame
24. New Orleans Saints—WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
25. Minnesota Vikings—S Grant Delpit, LSU
26. Detroit Lions (from Miami)— *DL Ross Blacklock, TCU
27. Seattle Seahawks—EDGE Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State
28. Baltimore Ravens—EDGE Terrell Lewis, Alabama
29. Tennessee Titans—RB J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
30. Green Bay Packers—WR KJ Hamler, Penn State
31. Kansas City Chiefs—CB Jeff Gladney, TCU
32. San Francisco 49ers—S Xavier McKinney, Alabama

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871689-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-tua-tagovailoa-changes-the-2020-nfl-draft

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thaddeus Moss declared, and now considered to be a 1st rounder by some

https://www.12up.com/posts/nfl-teams-that-should-draft-thaddeus-moss-randy-moss-son-01dyk57z4v1f

I think all LSU players who can, will declare for this year's draft. Moss will drop though to day 2 or early day 3 even. Just too many WR in this year's draft.

Let’s have the Chargers wanting to jump up from #6 to beat Miami for Tua.

Us, Chargers and Lions squeeze out Miami.

Chargers at #2, Redskins at #3, Lions down #6

Lions get most of the haul, we get a sweetener, and still get Young.

If they don’t want to dance, we stay at #2 for Young or grab a haul off Miami.

Never gonna happen :ols:

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't know why I thought otherwise, but you're correct. 

I still don't think he goes round one. Only one TE may and thats Kmet. 

I have no clue why Moss has declared for the draft....he will probably go undrafted.

I saw Dane Brugler had Moss rated as the #24 ranked draft eligible player in the National Championship Game.  Ranked #24 between LSU and Clemson!!!!  I guess we can give him a look as a UDFA.  Not a very smart move on his part.  Luckily his dad is making straight cash homie.

image.jpeg.d740e1138e8f8ed1e8e3a5c8a11a944a.jpeg

29 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I called Etienne going back a few weeks ago. Just too deep a draft. Probably same reason Hubbard is also returning.

I'm a genius

I would imagine that Lawrence still being the starting QB had a lot to do with it... more so than the draft class.  He likely is a day 1 or day 2 draft, his stock is not likely going to go up THAT much based on the class.  Another good season and development, with Lawrence behind center... THAT could push up into a day 1 lock. 

12 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I would imagine that Lawrence still being the starting QB had a lot to do with it... more so than the draft class.  He likely is a day 1 or day 2 draft, his stock is not likely going to go up THAT much based on the class.  Another good season and development, with Lawrence behind center... THAT could push up into a day 1 lock. 

With Swift and Taylor plus Dobbins had a great season he may have been the 4th or even 5th RB drafted. I honestly can't think of any RB highly touted coming out in 2021 outside of Hubbard and Najee Harris (who just said he's coming back).  Maybe Verdell?

21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

With Swift and Taylor plus Dobbins had a great season he may have been the 4th or even 5th RB drafted. I honestly can't think of any RB highly touted coming out in 2021 outside of Hubbard and Najee Harris (who just said he's coming back).  Maybe Verdell?

I'm sure there will be guys who pop on film.... the scary thing is these big schools keep churning through them, so the talent they have is like a pez dispenser. 

Next year should be a solid running back crop.  Headlined by Najee Harris and Etienne.  Hubbard will come out.  You're also going to have Keontay Ingram and Max Borghi eligible and I think both declare.  Kennedy Brooks and Jermar Jefferson.  Jaret Patterson will be eligible too.  Pooka Williams is interesting too, in a similar way to Chris Thompson.  Two, maybe three first rounders, a handful of second rounders, and a couple of undersized mid round spark plug types in Williams and Patterson.

IIRC Georgia has a former five star recruit running back that could be a candidate for a breakout season.  They're going to have to lean on someone after losing half their offense.

Here's a profile I'm looking at later in the roungs.  DanQuarian Fields  He went to Grambling, so there's the Doug Williams connection so I'm sure we know about him. Then there's this profile on his game: 

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/danquarian-fields/

Danquarian Fields is a fun player to watch on film. The 6030 defensive back from Grambling State is a bright player.  The Kinesiology major is hoping to continue his playing career in the NFL. Fields has everything scouts want, he has the size, he is physical and the Arcadia, Louisiana native is hungry.

The Arcadia High School product, played football, basketball, baseball and was on the track and field team every year for the Hornets.  He helped lead his team to the state Championship and they won his senior year.

Fields played seven games his freshman year, tallying five unassisted tackles.  In 2017, he appeared in every game at DB, registered 26 tackles including 15 solo stops and recorded one pass break up.

Last year, Fields came into his own, playing in 9 games and registering 60 tackles to lead his team.  He also had 1.5 tackles for loss an interception and a pass break-up. Teams were not throwing to his side of the ball. He seems to always be around the ball though, registering a team high three fumble recoveries.

Danquarian Fields is a track guy and has speed.  His Grambling Track team came in 7th placed in the 100 relay with a 42:09 at the SWAC Outdoor T&F Championship this year on May 3.

I feel Fields can be a good defensive back and special teams player in the NFL. He will get a shot, and with a big year he could hear his name called.

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Here's a profile I'm looking at later in the roungs.  DanQuarian Fields  He went to Grambling, so there's the Doug Williams connection so I'm sure we know about him. Then there's this profile on his game

Wasn’t he one of the guys in the Key and Peele skit?

9 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

This is not out of the realm of possibility,  but what do the Redskins do if the Bengals take Chase Young #1?

Make McQueen GM for the day and trade for a million picks. 

Or just pick Simmons or Okudah. Or Jeudy, who I think will be as good as either of those guys. I looooooove the top of this draft. There is such elite talent available this year in the top 6 and very food talent available after that. 

Also, I still see nothing about Simmons declaring........

10 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Also, I still see nothing about Simmons declaring........

I read that he announced his intention to enter the 2020 draft before the season began.  Dabo has also stated that he would enter the draft before.  He's already graduated, so I assume his plan to enter the draft didn't change.

Something I found interesting.  Even though we are missing our valuable 2nd round pick, we are still in the top 5 (by a pretty comfortable margin) in draft resources.  

Shows just how valuable the #2 overall pick is.  Also, looking at this, I’m extremely happy Gettleman made that pointless Leonard Williams trade midseason and gave up valuable resources for a player they’ll either have to pay big money to or watch leave this offseason. 

7S36W.png

Archived