Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuters - Michael Cohen Helped Falwell Handle “Racy”Photos

Dan T.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Living in Lynchburg, geez I just wait for the day I can dance thru campus after this pos goes down 

Do me a favor. Can you go teach Driver's Ed to all of those imported idiots that just came back to town? I swear I have to drive more defensively on Wards Road then I do on the Beltway or even the Jersey Turnpike. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://wset.com/news/local/lus-falwell-settles-lawsuit-over-florida-hostel-venture

The Miami Herald reports that Falwell has agreed to pay Gordon Bello an undisclosed amount of money.”

Falwell denies promising Gordon Bello anything. Falwell’s lawyers noted Bello never filed any emails, texts or documents suggesting a deal existed.”

**Ok, I didn’t attend the esteemed LU school of law but, I’m not sure this is how it’s supposed to work.

A supposedly innocent and principled lawyer with money to burn settles to some putz with nothing in his back pocket?  

Also, didn’t Mr Falwell JUST say it’s time for him to take the gloves off (or something to that effect) and start defending himself?  

Edited by stoshuaj

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

A supposedly innocent and principled lawyer with money to burn settles to some putz with nothing in his back pocket?  

Wait, who is the innocent and principled lawyer with money to burn?

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

Also, didn’t Mr Falwell JUST say it’s time for him to take the gloves off (or something to that effect) and start defending himself?

That's what people always say right before they settle.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Wait, who is the innocent and principled lawyer with money to burn?

Well, for starters you left out “supposedly”

Jr is a UVa educated lawyer.  

Not sure there is any question he has money to burn at his disposal.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don’t know if any of you read his statement but it made me feel queasy.  And it was kind of slandery.

“Something in which I was not involved” He doth protest too much.

Is throwing your spouse under the bus as an excuse for mistakes you made a Christian thing to do?

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, the photo wasn't even that bad.  

But when you walk around acting holier than though and being a jerk about it...well, you're just painting a target on yourself.  No wonder people are gleeful about this guys downfall.

I think you're talking about the recent photo with him and a young woman. The original photos here are something we've never seen. Probably nudes or Falwell and/or his wife enjoying the pool boy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah...

I'm a liberal and I'm not a Falwell appreciator for sure, but is this THAT bad? Even the "pants unzipped" photo. Is it that big a deal? I get it that folks like him are supposed to "walk their talk" but have we rally gotten to the point that we're calling out joke photos and semi-questionable (if even questionable) exercise routines? 

We're living in the age of presidents who went to teenage girl orgy parties. Sex trafficking, national election fraud, children in cages, mass-shootings, violent "police" squad crackdowns on peaceful protest. This topic is cinnamon toast crunch.

Yea dude is generally a creep and I’m not willing to separate that from any action he takes. 

Like, we did that before. With Trump. It killed 170k people. Time to call it like it is. Dude is a creep and I know creeps. He’s not thinking holy thoughts. 

10 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I'm a liberal and I'm not a Falwell appreciator for sure, but is this THAT bad? Even the "pants unzipped" photo. Is it that big a deal? I get it that folks like him are supposed to "walk their talk" but have we rally gotten to the point that we're calling out joke photos and semi-questionable (if even questionable) exercise routines? 

We're living in the age of presidents who went to teenage girl orgy parties. Sex trafficking, national election fraud, children in cages, mass-shootings, violent "police" squad crackdowns on peaceful protest. This topic is cinnamon toast crunch.

It's not that bad by itself but if you're a president for a university you should know better. If he was some rando it wouldn't matter at all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chachie said:

The pants unzipped photo was taken on a yacht where his family was having a Trailer Park Boys theme party.  Is it a big deal?  I don't know.  Trailer Park Boys isn't exactly christian recommended viewing.  I think it's disrespectful to the christian community that supports him and to the students at Liberty. 

Edited by drowland
  • Like 1