Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuters - Michael Cohen Helped Falwell Handle “Racy”Photos

Dan T.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Living in Lynchburg, geez I just wait for the day I can dance thru campus after this pos goes down 

Here as well.  On this graduation day I longed for the ability to caricature.  

Jr & Trump, arm in arm, Sr and Jesus crying from the sky, cross daggered into the gaudy LU bumper sticker on the mountain, LU diploma burning at the door of a flophouse

Not a chance in hell the NewsAdvance would publish it though.....

Sr may have been.....something, but I think at least he (and Jonathan for that matter) had/have some level of conviction.  Jr?, yeah......zilch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing that made me change my mind towards religion, besides all the quire boy stories, was how stupid it seemed to me that God would allow people like Falwell get away with this stuff and then put the responsibility on YOU to tell the difference between a man of the word and a man using the word. They really had me for about a year and a half. 

Falwell is supposed to be the Shepard that is leading Gods flock to him. Yet hes anything but. Uses that position to do things that Falwell even says God would send you to hell for, and there are zero consequences? We are just supposed to assume God let this dude hurt so many people....so many of the lords flock, with the plan of his eternal damnation in mind. How ****ing stupid is that lol He doesnt even believe it and hes telling you that you should. GTFOH

• Like 2

It's pretty much what everyone that lives here has already known though the specific details are still pretty wild to see listed out. The Oppenheimer and Whiteside guys are well known in the area through various businesses.

I know people that have had the CMA construction group bid on work and they openly brag about their cozy relationship for LU and how they don't actually need work they have everything they could ever want in LU. And for what did they do to deserve such trust among such a large client? Nothing. They have no previous work experience, previous references from clients etc...they opened up their business and were immediately gifted the largest and most profitable contract in a hundred mile radius. 

I can't imagine why.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

The thing that made me change my mind towards religion, besides all the quire boy stories, was how stupid it seemed to me that God would allow people like Falwell get away with this stuff and then put the responsibility on YOU to tell the difference between a man of the word and a man using the word. They really had me for about a year and a half. 

Falwell is supposed to be the Shepard that is leading Gods flock to him. Yet hes anything but. Uses that position to do things that Falwell even says God would send you to hell for, and there are zero consequences? We are just supposed to assume God let this dude hurt so many people....so many of the lords flock, with the plan of his eternal damnation in mind. How ****ing stupid is that lol He doesnt even believe it and hes telling you that you should. GTFOH

You've brought this before and I thought this came up in the religion thread.  Bible is full of people that thought they were doing God's work and not only got called out but punished. 

King David got his best friend killed to take his wife, God killed their first kid.  God called out the entire nation of Israel, and when they didn't listen Babylon invaded, exiled them, blinded the king sticking thumbs in his eyes after killing his sons in front of him then burned the church with the ten commandments to the ground, basically lost to history after that, that's why they are MIA to this day, they were likely destroyed.

I have the same questions how so many can get away with this and day in the name of God with a straight face. but there are verses where this charade of doing his work He sees right through it

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

I'm not trying to change your mind, and I get what seems like inaction seeming complicit.  I've met people that turned on God because they prayed and someone they loved died anyway. 

This dude right here is a hypocrite and it's about to blow up in his face, but does that mean God finally stepped in?  Jews were slaves in Eygpt for centuries before Exodus happened, the backlash for religion is in full swing, but it's not done yet.  So ya, I agree it needs to tighten up or will go the way of the dinosaurs,  but trying to figure out where God is involved misses the point that it's a choice now and has been for a very long time how we each decide to deal with this.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3