Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuters - Michael Cohen Helped Falwell Handle “Racy”Photos

Dan T.

‘They All Got Careless’: How Falwell Kept His Grip on Liberty Amid Sexual ‘Games,’ Self-Dealing

When Jerry Falwell Jr. and his wife Becki strolled around the Lynchburg, Va., campus of Liberty University, the evangelical school which Falwell led as president, they would play a secret game called “Would you rather.”

The middle-aged couple would point to students, men and women, and imagine what it would be like to have sex with them, according to a former student who said Becki told him about the game.

The former student, a member of a band with the Falwells’ son Trey, has said that Becki initiated oral sex with him while he stayed overnight at the Falwell home, following other attempts to seduce him. She confided to him the details of the game she and her husband would play, and told him multiple times how she and Jerry would take note of students' appearances.

“Her and Jerry would eye people down on campus,” the former student, who was 22 when Becki performed oral sex on him and is now 32, said. “She didn’t go into specifics, but said, ‘Oh, me and Jerry play games all the time, like “Would you rather?” with people on campus.’ I’ll never forget that.”

A close friend and neighbor of the Falwells told POLITICO that Becki confided to her about the relationship with the student. When the friend warned that Jerry would be upset to hear about it, the friend said, Becki told her that the only thing Jerry would be upset about was that he didn’t have a chance to watch her have sex with the student.

The Falwells, in an emailed response to questions, said both the alleged game and the alleged confession to Becki’s friend were “completely false.”

Nonetheless, the suggestion that Jerry fantasized about watching his wife have sex with a student would appear to buttress the story of Giancarlo Granda, who met the Falwells when he was a 20-year-old pool attendant at Miami’s Fontainebleau Hotel and the Falwells were guests. He said Becki initiated a years-long relationship in which he had sex with her while her husband watched. While the Falwells have acknowledged a relationship between Becki and Granda, they denied that Jerry participated in it.

In a lawsuit filed against Liberty on Oct. 29, Falwell called Granda’s claims “outrageous lies” and asserted that Granda had sought to extort money from him. Falwell blamed Liberty for giving credence to Granda’s assertions.

Over the last year, as questions about Falwell’s behavior began to bubble up in POLITICO and other outlets, Falwell utilized his close relationship with the executive committee to negotiate a deal that would grant him, Falwell said this summer, $10.5 million in severance if he were to leave the university. That alleged deal was unknown to some members of the board until Falwell’s actual resignation, according to two people who discussed the change with board members. Asked about the severance, a Liberty spokesperson said that Falwell will not receive $10.5 million, but is entitled to two years of his $1 million base salary plus “accrued retirement benefits” over 32 years of employment at the university. The amount of Falwell’s severance is now a subject of his lawsuit.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

There weren't photographs but recordings of some light cucking.

Oh okay gotcha.  I was just saying, given the way people (Trump allies, etc.) deny everything, I figured if there weren't photos, or even if there was a video but her face wasn't visible, it would just be a steady stream of denials and "fake news" until something else became more important in the news cycle.

• 1 month later...

Jerry Falwell Jr. drops defamation suit against Liberty University

Former Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. has dropped a lawsuit alleging the evangelical Christian institution he led for 13 years defamed him after he resigned in scandal this summer.

Lawyers for Falwell notified Lynchburg Circuit Court on Wednesday that their client will not pursue his claim that the school damaged his reputation by repeating what he labeled as lies about his participation in an extramarital affair involving his wife and a former business partner.

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/liberty-university/jerry-falwell-jr-drops-defamation-suit-against-liberty-university/article_f3cbe1f2-5be0-5da0-871c-9b3a8f82af62.html

• Haha 4

I will donate to any legitimate group who will work to force these scammers from the non-taxable religious exemption they currently have. There many others who scam money from people and claim the non-taxable exemption by claiming 'religion'. Yeah, Jim Bakker, I'm talking about the bull**** you spew on cable TV while promoting the White House Occupant. 

After shocking many in the evangelical movement by endorsing Donald Trump over other Republicans for the 2016 presidential nomination, Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. pumped millions of the nonprofit religious institution’s funds into Republican causes and efforts to promote the Trump administration, blurring the lines between education and politics.

The culmination of his efforts was the creation of a university-funded campus “think tank” — which has produced no peer-reviewed academic work and bears little relation to study centers at other universities — that ran pro-Trump ads, hired Trump allies including former adviser Sebastian Gorka and current Trump attorney Jenna Ellis to serve as fellows and, in recent weeks, has aggressively promoted Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/final-years-liberty-falwell-spent-093057802.html

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Falwell’s son out as VP at Liberty University

The son of Jerry Falwell Jr. is out of his job as vice president at Liberty University nearly eight months after his father resigned as president of the Christian school amid allegations of inappropriate personal behavior and financial self-dealing.

Liberty University spokesperson Scott Lamb on Wednesday confirmed to POLITICO that Trey Falwell was “no longer employed by the university.” That development, Lamb said, occurred “this week,” but he declined to provide any additional details about what happened. Lamb also declined to answer questions about whether Jerry Falwell Jr.’s other son, Wesley, or his daughters-in-law were currently employed by the university. Liberty “does not answer questions about personnel,” he said.

The move is a strong signal that the powerhouse evangelical university is seeking aggressively to distance itself from its former president — even as he hints at a possible comeback.

Edited by China
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

That party happened on my street. I didn’t know Jerry was there but went out to get ice cream and saw hundreds of cars lining the streets and a million college kids walking everywhere then saw the house with the outdoor lights and the sheets taped to the side of it lol. 

saw that tweet the next day and was pissed I didn’t get to walk in there and heckle him 

Dude is losing it 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Falwell: Liberty University lawsuit is excuse to shame him

Jerry Falwell Jr. is asking a court in Virginia to dismiss a lawsuit Liberty University filed over his headline-grabbing departure last year as leader of the evangelical school his father founded.

Falwell claims in a court filing that much of Liberty’s suit serves only to keep shaming him after a provocative photo of him came to light and revelations surfaced of his wife’s extramarital affair, The News & Advance in Lynchburg reported Thursday.

Falwell claims the suit focuses on his wife’s personal life while not addressing his “actions as the leader of Liberty.”

“The rehashing of these events and protected defamation of Falwell through litigation serves one mission - ruining Falwell’s reputation through mischaracterization of events and public shaming through out-of-context pictures filed in a public complaint,” according to Tuesday’s filing in Lynchburg Circuit Court.

On 12/14/2020 at 9:09 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

I will donate to any legitimate group who will work to force these scammers from the non-taxable religious exemption they currently have. There many others who scam money from people and claim the non-taxable exemption by claiming 'religion'. Yeah, Jim Bakker, I'm talking about the bull**** you spew on cable TV while promoting the White House Occupant.

Worth reposting this from John Oliver.  (Some language...)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

12 women file class action lawsuit against Liberty for enabling on-campus rape. 

https://wset.com/news/abc13-investigates/liberty-university-enabled-on-campus-rapes-12-women-file-class-action-lawsuit-title-ix-lynchburg-virginia

just truly awful and disgusting actions. 

The lawsuit claims that Liberty University silenced and sometimes punished these women under their honor code, “The Liberty Way.” The newest version of the “Liberty Way” honor code is not public, but the 2020 version can be foundonline. That document states that the university can issue “points” to students for breaking the “Liberty Way,” potentially making them pay a fine and perform community service hours.

For example, the document online says they could fine students $300 for drinking alcohol or spending the night with a member of the opposite sex.

In addition to favoring the claims of the accused over women accusers -- including in cases when the female students provided evidence, such as text messages and pictures of bruises — the lawsuit also claims Liberty University used the "Liberty Way" as a weapon against the plaintiffs.

The lawsuit claims that LUPD told Doe 12 that she could be “expelled from the camp because she was wearing pants in an academic building, which was at the time a violation of the Liberty Way," and that she’d be criminally charged with filing a false police report if she refused to withdraw her sexual assault report against Matthew.

The police then began an ‘investigation’ into her claim, which seemed to solely consist of a demand that she strip and submit to being photographed by the chief of police. Doe 12 refused and suggested that such an investigation should be undertaken by a doctor or nurse, and that such a professional could also take samples from her nails. The police refused to transport Doe 12 to the hospital and, instead, continued to badger her until she agreed to allow herself to be photographed naked by a female debate coach.

The claim says that Doe 12’s mother was never contacted regarding the photographs and did not consent to such photographs.

Before allowing her to leave, the complaint states that police required that she wash her hands, “to destroy any DNA evidence and present her nails for inspection.”

• 4 months later...

Liberty University Professor Charged in Alleged Abduction, Sexual Battery of Student

A professor at Liberty University is accused in the abduction and sexual battery of a student, according to the evangelical school and Lynchburg, Virginia, court records.

William Atwell was arrested late last month on charges of sexual battery and abduction by force, court records show. He has since made bail and is due back in court on Jan. 25.

Court records say the alleged sexual battery happened in September, while the alleged abduction by force happened on Nov. 19, the day before campus police arrested him.

• 1 month later...

INSIDE JERRY FALWELL JR.’S UNLIKELY RISE AND PRECIPITOUS FALL AT LIBERTY UNIVERSITY

Jerry Falwell Jr. was the Trump-anointing dark prince of the Christian right. Then a sex scandal rocked his marriage and ended his lucrative stewardship of the evangelical education empire founded by his father. In a series of exclusive interviews, Falwell—accompanied by his wife, Becki—describes the events that led to his ouster, their fallout, and why he’s finally ready to admit he never had much use for his father’s church anyway.

On the morning of August 18, 2021, Liberty University’s freshman class began arriving on campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, for the start of Welcome Week. The kickoff to the fall semester had the exuberance of a pregame pep rally. An outdoor sound system blasted Gary Glitter’s glam rock anthem “Rock and Roll Part II.” Student greeters in navy Liberty T-shirts whooped and cheered when a new arrival’s car pulled up to the dorms. Buildings all over the Jeffersonian-style campus were festooned with banners that read: “Liberty University: 50 Years of Training Champions for Christ.”

For 49 of those years, a member of the Falwell family had run Liberty, the country’s most influential evangelical university. But the day before orientation started, Jerry Falwell Jr., the son of the late televangelist Jerry Falwell Sr. and the school’s president and chancellor from 2007 to 2020, was nowhere near campus. He was driving a white Jeep Wrangler along a dirt road on his 500-acre farm about 20 miles west of Lynchburg. “That’s the tallest mountain in Virginia,” he said, pointing at the Appalachian peaks rising in the distance. Ahead of us, black Angus cattle grazed in fenced pastures. At the edge of the property stood a 19th-century chapel no larger than a one-room schoolhouse. “Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant both worshipped in that church on different days,” Falwell said in his laconic drawl.

It was the first time I met Falwell in person. Behind the wheel, the 59-year-old looked like a prosperous country lawyer turned gentleman farmer. He was dressed in a lavender polo, dark jeans, and chestnut-brown leather sneakers. He had neatly parted silver hair and a trim silver beard on his round face. His wolflike ice-blue eyes were the only visible signs of the feral personality that had recently cost him his job and reputation.

On August 24, 2020, Falwell resigned from Liberty in the wake of a sensational tabloid scandal that could have been dreamed up in the writers’ room of The Righteous Gemstones. A former Miami pool boy named Giancarlo Granda claimed he had a nearly seven-year affair with Falwell’s wife, Becki—and that Falwell often liked to watch them have sex. Granda went on a national media tour—he gave interviews to ABC News, CNN, Reuters, Politico, and The Washington Post—and said the Falwells began “grooming” him when he was 20 and bought his silence with luxury vacations, rides on Liberty’s private jet, and an ownership stake managing a Miami Beach hostel. To bolster his claims, Granda released screenshots of Facetime calls and text conversations with Becki (“I’m not wearing any panties,” she allegedly wrote Granda in one message). Falwell released a statement that acknowledged Becki and Granda’s relationship, but he vehemently denied watching the trysts. Instead, Falwell said he was the real victim of a “Fatal Attraction–type” extortion plot after Granda demanded $2 million to keep the affair secret.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

I’d like to say Jerry Falwell Jr. admitting he’s not a Christian in the Vanity Fair article was the take away.

But for anyone paying the slightest bit of attention, this was already painfully obvious

I think the take away is that if you are repressed sexually in your teens and 20s, you have a mid-life crisis that manifests itself with whore-like actions, add in a global pandemic, you end up becoming a fatty.

So much to that story.  I didn’t know about Sr’s background and I didn’t know the Graham legacy was moving in on Liberty after failing to build their own university.  Also JFjr was slated to be the Ed Sec over De Vos?

What an article! Also, from experience, Miami is a whole other reality and naive people can be swept up into corruption of their personal morals. Since I'm not a naive person, I definitely embraced my time there. My apartment there was an alternate reality from my proposal manager life in Alexandria.

This is the Falwell's side of things and their family history explains a lot. 

Vanity Fair is one of my favorite magazines for stories such as this. Tomorrow I'm going to sign up for their year subscription deal.