Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuters - Michael Cohen Helped Falwell Handle “Racy”Photos

Dan T.

Months before evangelical leader Jerry Falwell Jr.’s game-changing presidential endorsement of Donald Trump in 2016, Falwell asked Trump fixer Michael Cohen for a personal favor, Cohen said in a recorded conversation reviewed by Reuters.

Falwell, president of Liberty University, one of the world’s largest Christian universities, said someone had come into possession of what Cohen described as racy “personal” photographs -- the sort that would typically be kept “between husband and wife,” Cohen said in the taped conversation.

According to a source familiar with Cohen’s thinking, the person who possessed the photos destroyed them after Cohen intervened on the Falwells' behalf.

The Falwells, through a lawyer, declined to comment for this article.

Cohen, who began a three-year prison sentence this week for federal campaign violations and lying to Congress, recounted his involvement in the matter in a recording made surreptitiously by comedian Tom Arnold on March 25. Portions of the recording -- in which Cohen appeared to disavow parts of his guilty plea -- were first reported April 24 by The Wall Street Journal.

The Falwells enlisted Cohen’s help in 2015, according to the source familiar with Cohen’s thinking, the year Trump announced his presidential candidacy. At the time, Cohen was Trump’s confidant and personal lawyer, and he worked for the Trump Organization.

The Falwells wanted to keep “a bunch of photographs, personal photographs” from becoming public, Cohen told Arnold. “I actually have one of the photos,” he said, without going into specifics. “It’s terrible.”

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-trump-fixer-cohen-says-helped-falwell-handle-211104054.html

Im sure it’s pure coincidence that a short time later, Falwell, pretty much out of the blue, endorsed long-shot candidate Donald Trump for President.

Edited by Dan T.

6 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I can't wait to hear more about the content of these photos. 

When will Christians see Falwell for who he really is?

I'm guessing he's getting pegged by his wife whilst giving a Lewinsky to the pool boy.

• Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:13 AM, Llevron said:

A good christian man who makes mistakes but deserves forgiveness? 

That's a good one. 

This is the same guy that said he wanted 18 - 21 year old kids on the campus to have guns strapped to their waist and said we can "end those Muslims'. 

This dude is about as far from Christ's teachings as you can get. 

Edited by Rocky21
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

That's a good one. 

This is the same guy that said he wanted 18 - 21 kids on the campus to have guns strapped to their waist and said we can "end those Muslims'. 

This dude is about as far from Christ's teachings as you can get. 

You are not defined by your mistakes. You are defined by God. He loves you no matter what. Romans 8:38 

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Let he who has not laid with his wife and poolboy cast the first stone.

Thats discrimination. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

When will Christians see Falwell for who he really is?

In some ways, it's better if they are really being bamboozled.  I think they see it but just don't care.  Which is way worse in my book

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Llevron said:

You are not defined by your mistakes. You are defined by God. He loves you no matter what. Romans 8:3

Thats discrimination. 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8%3A38-39&version=KJV

Romans 8:38-39 King James Version (KJV)

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

27 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8%3A38-39&version=KJV

Romans 8:38-39 King James Version (KJV)

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sad that people here trying to fake bible verses. I can't get down with that. For me I just take comfort in opening the good book and turning to Austin 3:16.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Sad that people here trying to fake bible verses. I can't get down with that. For me I just take comfort in opening the good book and turning to Austin 3:16.

Lest jerry forgets those candied asses.  

The point is the bible isn’t as forgiving people making it out to be.  Certainly the old testament is not.  The verse says external forces can’t seperate you from the love of god, but nothing about internal forces. You can certainly easily seperate yourself from it.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Missed this Politico article from a year and a half ago about Liberty, Falwell Jr. and III and the gay friendly hostel they own in Miami. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/25/jerry-falwell-miami-hostel-liberty-university-trey-falwell-215528

This quote from the article sums up my feelings about Falwell fairly accurately Falwell has “degraded [Liberty’s] core mission and defiled its core beliefs, substituting the worship of power and influence for the worship of God. 

Edited by Rocky21

6 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Another one bites the dust I guess.  Falwell is a litigious fellow (recall his lawsuit against Penthouse), so I maybe he'll sue Tom Arnold.

Wrong Falwell. Jr might threaten litigation but he doesn't want them problems. Not trying to have himself or his poolboy deposed.

19 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Missed this Politico article from a year and a half ago about Liberty, Falwell Jr. and III and the gay friendly hostel they own in Miami. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/25/jerry-falwell-miami-hostel-liberty-university-trey-falwell-215528

This quote from the article sums up my feelings about Falwell fairly accurately Falwell has “degraded [Liberty’s] core mission and defiled its core beliefs, substituting the worship of power and influence for the worship of God. 

One of the things this article touches on is how Liberty actually operates. It's a "non-profit" school that essentially functions as a for-profit university with 6x as many online students as on-campus. And to top it all off, it provides an absolute third rate education that even the worst public schools in the country outclass, yet it receives twice as much federal loan funding than the nations top public school.

Religion is the longest running scam in human history.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

One of the things this article touches on is how Liberty actually operates. It's a "non-profit" school that essentially functions as a for-profit university with 6x as many online students as on-campus. And to top it all off, it provides an absolute third rate education that even the worst public schools in the country outclass, yet it receives twice as much federal loan funding than the nations top public school.

Religion is the longest running scam in human history.

Dude - looks like you were right about the pool boy angle.