Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuters - Michael Cohen Helped Falwell Handle “Racy”Photos

Dan T.

I can't stop thinking about this article.  Who lives a life so extraordinary unrelatable?  

It makes no sense for them to get into a business relationship with the poolboy.  The only thing that makes sense is that they likely have/had an "open marriage" and they both were fooling around and stayed married to protect both their image and their family... but I can't even imagine what their kids think about this.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Billy Corben's Rakontur to Co-Produce Hulu Doc on Jerry Falwell, Jr., Pool Boy Scandal

In August of 2020, a Miami Beach pool boy's account of his seven-year sexual relationship with evangelical leader Jerry Falwell, Jr., and Falwell's wife Becki, was shared in a bombshell Reuters report.

The story rocked the religious right. Falwell resigned as president of the conservative Liberty University hours after the article appeared online, and a years-long battle ensued between the erstwhile pool boy and the Falwells, featuring accusations of predatory behavior and extortion. This past January, the Falwells finally spoke in detail about the scandal in a tell-all to Vanity Fair journalist Gabriel Sherman.

But while the Falwells have shared their side of the story, Giancarlo Granda, the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel pool boy, has yet to have his moment.

Until now.

As first reported by Variety, Granda will be at the center of an upcoming Hulu documentary co-produced by Miami natives Billy Corben and Alfred Spellman through their film production company Rakontur, alongside Oscar winner Adam McKay (co-writer of Anchorman, Talladega Nights, and The Other Guys) and Todd Schulman (producer of Who Is America with Sacha Baron Cohen). Corben will direct the project.

Neither the title of the documentary nor its release date has been disclosed.

Click on the link for the full story

• 2 months later...

Pool Boy: Giddy Jerry Falwell Was ‘Disconcerting’ During Threesome With Wife

Giancarlo Granda was just a 20-year-old pool boy at Miami’s Fontainebleau hotel when Jerry Falwell Jr.’s wife showed a sudden interest in him, allegedly asking him to join her in her hotel room—where her husband, the prominent evangelical leader, wanted to watch.

Granda, who described being visually uneasy at the unexpected request, wrote that Becki Falwell told him not to worry about her husband. “Oh don’t worry, he’ll hide in the corner and watch us. That’s his thing. You won’t even know he’s there,” she allegedly said.

In an extract from his forthcoming book, published by Rolling Stone, Granda writes about the love triangle he shared with the Liberty University president and his wife, and the fear he had of Falwell.

“I was still worried that he might attack me and stove in the back of my head,” Granda wrote of that first night, while he carried Becki to the bed. “But he told me, ‘Don’t worry about it. You guys do what you want to do.’”

In the book, titled Off the Deep End: Jerry and Becki Falwell and the Collapse of an Evangelical Dynasty, Granda described Falwell’s giddiness and giggling throughout the encounter. It was “disconcerting,” he writes, and “added to the absurdity” as Falwell, who was supposed to stay by the bathroom door, at times got a little too close.

“I told him, ‘If you get jealous at any point, just let me know and I’ll get the hell out of here. I will not hesitate,’” Granda recalls in the book.

At one point, as Falwell approached the bedside, Granda gently warned him to back off. “He apologized and quickly walked back toward the entrance and stood right outside the bathroom. After that I was able to put blinders on and block him out.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the word she is looking for is orgasm...

Becki Falwell Said That Her 'Pool Boy' Affair Gave Her A 'Dopamine Rush'

Back in 2020, news broke that prominent evangelical Liberty University president Jerry Falwell Jr. and his wife Becki were involved in a sex scandal. A former pool attendant at a Miami hotel had come forward with a story about his seven-year sexual relationship with Becki. And he claimed that Jerry would sometimes watch (and film) them have sex.

Now, the scandalous story is the subject of a new Hulu documentary called God Forbid: The Sex Scandal That Brought Down a Dynasty, which lays out the scandal and features interviews with Granda.

Becki isn’t interviewed in the documentary (and neither is Jerry). But she has spoken out about the scandal and her thoughts on the situation. Here’s what she’s said about the whole thing, and what happened to her after the story broke.

What has Becki said about the scandal?
Earlier this year, the couple talked to Vanity Fair about Granda's allegations and the affair. Becki explained that she felt lonely as her husband’s career pressures grew. She started noticing that the college-aged men on Liberty University's campus were giving her “attention that I'd never gotten before."

In March of 2012, she began the affair with Granda. "I had someone I could talk to," Becki told Vanity Fair. "It's that dopamine rush. All of a sudden this young, handsome fella starts texting you and giving you attention and you're like, wow, this is kind of nice."

• Haha 4

• 10 months later...

Jerry Falwell Jr. accuses Liberty University officials of sexual misconduct, questionable financial dealings amid trademark lawsuit

There is a new development in a lawsuit filed by Jerry Falwell Jr. over allegations that Liberty University exploited Dr. Jerry Falwell Sr.'s trademarked name and image.

Now, Falwell Jr. is calling out high-ranking university officials for alleged sexual misconduct, questionable financial decisions, and mistreatment of the Falwell family. The Amended Complaint, filed on September 13, claims the actions of university leadership are damaging to the "Jerry Falwell" trademark.

When Dr. Falwell passed in 2007, he left the "Jerry Falwell" trademark in a trust for the benefit of his children. The Jerry Falwell trademark and the associated intellectual property (together, Falwell IP) do not belong to Liberty University, and the university has previously acknowledged in a written agreement that the Trust has the exclusive right to control the Falwell IP in commerce.

The complaint - filed against Liberty University, Jerry Prevo, and Jonathan P. Falwell - claims that Liberty University used the Falwell IP in advertising and promotion for Liberty, without consulting the Falwell family and without the authorization of the family Trust. The complaint states that the Falwell IP should not be perceived as endorsing the University without the consent of the Trust.

"There are numerous good reasons for the JERRY FALWELL brand to not want to be perceived as having endorsed or sponsored Liberty, at least as it exists in its current incarnation, under the control of a small group of members of the so-called 'Executive Committee' who have seized control of the University after Mr. Falwell’s resignation as President and Chancellor of the University in August 2020. For instance, as detailed herein, Mr. Falwell has learned that Liberty has made payments totaling over a million dollars in purported “donations” to organizations that are, upon information and belief, under the control of certain members of Liberty’s Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee, or their close associates," the complaint reads.

The complaint contends that Liberty University's leadership has shifted away from Dr. Falwell's original vision and it is damaging to the Falwell IP to be perceived as endorsing or sponsoring the university in its current incarnation.

The complaint states that in the summer of 2020, members of the Executive Committee and the Board of Trustees "maneuvered to eliminate" Falwell from the leadership of Liberty and gain control over the University and its $2 billion endowment for their own benefit.

To force Falwell’s exit, the complaint says certain Executive Committee members exploited Falwell’s health condition and attempted to convince Falwell to take a leave of absence because of "excess drinking". Liberty had not previously enforced any rules prohibiting drinking by faculty, according to the complaint. At least two members of the Executive Committee drink and one of them has been to rehab three times, the complaint continues.

Falwell later visited a detox center at the request of the Executive Committee, where the staff informed him he was suffering from a potentially deadly lung condition, and not from alcoholism, according to the complaint.

Shortly after, the news of Becki Falwell’s affair became public, and certain members of the Board of Trustees and/or Executive Committee set out to use this as a pretext to force Falwell’s exit, the complaint claims. The Executive Committee refused to meet with Falwell to hear his side of the story and gave Falwell the ultimatum of resignation or termination, the complaint continues. Falwell ultimately submitted his resignation “without cause” and “for good reason,” and the Board accepted his resignation unanimously.

The complaint makes the case that Falwell was being held to a standard that did not apply to other high-ranking university officials. The complaint alleges that several other incidents were not met with the same punitive action.

• 2 months later...

Scoop: Tim Alberta book rips open Falwell feuds

A forthcoming book about evangelicals by Tim Alberta — the acupuncturist-like reporter whose magazine profile doomed CNN's Chris Licht — includes detailed on-the-record allegations of drift and grift at Liberty University, founded by the late Rev. Jerry Falwell.

Why it matters: The university in Lynchburg, Virginia — founded in 1971 by Jerry Falwell Sr., and formerly called Liberty Baptist College — once was an icon of New Right political power. It remains a popular backdrop for Republican presidential candidates.

Alberta's book, "The Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory," is out Dec. 5.

Jerry Falwell Jr. — the founder's son, who once was Liberty's president and now has sued the university — tells Alberta the current regime is "choosing piety over competence": "It's exactly what my dad didn't want to see happen."

What we're hearing: "The true history of Liberty, as I document in the book — through the eyes of Falwell family lieutenants who span the ideological spectrum — has everything to do with electing Republicans and winning culture wars and almost nothing to do with spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ," Alberta, a minister's son, tells Axios.

Jerry Jr. repeatedly attacks his younger brother, Liberty Chancellor Jonathan Falwell, who's also the senior pastor at their dad's Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg.

"I should have fired everybody in the top leadership the day I walked in — from vice presidents on down — and hired everyone new," Jerry Jr. tells Alberta.

"You see, my dad didn't have the money back then to hire people who were honest and competent. So, he typically had to choose, one or the other. And those are the people who were still around when the school became prosperous."

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/22/american-evangelicals-republican-candidates-liberty-university