Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd rather see Anderson and Sweat starting over Kerrigan. Doesn't close on the QB, terrible in coverage and overpersues the run.

People are so crazy when it comes to Kerrigan. 10-13 sacks every year. Tons of pressures. Never injured. High character. Not everyone can be a HOF player, but Kerrigan has spent a whole career being miles beyond what Anderson is, and Kerrigan still hasn’t shown signs of slowing down.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

14 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

People are so crazy when it comes to Kerrigan. 10-13 sacks every year. Tons of pressures. Never injured. High character. Not everyone can be a HOF player, but Kerrigan has spent a whole career being miles beyond what Anderson is, and Kerrigan still hasn’t shown signs of slowing down.

For real. LOL @ Anderson starting over Kerrigan. Anderson is basically bust category right now. Kerrigan isn't a superstar but he's a damn good player. Probably one of the more underappreciated Skins of all time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

For real. LOL @ Anderson starting over Kerrigan. Anderson is basically bust category right now. Kerrigan isn't a superstar but he's a damn good player. Probably one of the more underappreciated Skins of all time.

Agree on Kerrigan, but Anderson played well last year. I definitely dont think he is a bust, on the contrary I think you will see him continue to get increased playtime. One of the reasons we werent worried about losing Smith.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Dem arms - you can see the huge wingspan in the vids.

Hopefully we will let him try and block kicks.

Nah, dude, that's Jimmy Moreland's job. 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

It’s kind of wrong, and I don’t want it to be true, but I laughed when you referred to Anderson as bust category.

I literally can’t find any highlights of him in a Redskins jersey on YouTube, only college. It says something.

Edited by Vanguard

9 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

It’s kind of wrong, and I don’t want it to be true, but I laughed when you referred to Anderson as bust category.

I literally can’t find any highlights of him in a Redskins jersey on YouTube, only college. It says something.

In coverage & in the war room.

Are the strawmen going through withdrawal or did someone suggest Kerrigan should be replaced by Anderson.

1717CD0B-15A9-49C0-B429-D2A41E55508F.gif

4 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Agree on Kerrigan, but Anderson played well last year. I definitely dont think he is a bust, on the contrary I think you will see him continue to get increased playtime. One of the reasons we werent worried about losing Smith.

Anderson was a second round draft pick. He is a bust relative to his draft status. I’m not sure in what round I’d redraft him, but maybe the 5th. He has not justified that slot at all. It’s not his fault. He, like Trent Murphy, were low upside picks that were clear reaches at the time they were made. 

Re: Montez, I didn’t realize he had such good hips and feet. He killed the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle as well. He’s no DK Metcalf in terms of just being an in-line guy. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Re: Montez, I didn’t realize he had such good hips and feet. He killed the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle as well. He’s no DK Metcalf in terms of just being an in-line guy. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Anderson was a second round draft pick. He is a bust relative to his draft status. I’m not sure in what round I’d redraft him, but maybe the 5th. He has not justified that slot at all. It’s not his fault. He, like Trent Murphy, were low upside picks that were clear reaches at the time they were made. 

Well hopefully Anderson can develop like Murphy did. He turned into a decent enough player that he earned himself a second contract.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Dont see how you can think that. He had a rough first year but his second was a large improvement. He did really well in run defense and coverage and continued to improve at rushing the passer. Pressure on about 12% of his rushes.

PFF graded him highly in general, a bust is someone that can't play and was a waste if a pick. 

Ryan Kerrigan riding the bench is insane. When he eventually slows down, sure, but right now he is still producing at a pro bowl level clip. Sweat and Ryan Anderson is where the competition will be at. A guy averaging 10.5 sacks a year since hes been in the NFL will not be on the bench unless hes injured or broken down. I actually hope this year Kerrigan breaks 15 sacks so people can stop using the "he's never had a great season excuse". 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

Anderson is downright garbage. He’s a 1 percentile athlete and hasn’t done jack **** in 2 years. Keep him as a situational run stopper/fullback but he shouldn’t be starting anywhere.

Edited by JoggingGod
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Anderson is downright garbage. He’s a 1 percentile athlete and hasn’t done jack **** in 2 years. Keep him as a situational run stopper/fullback but he shouldn’t be starting anywhere.

You should watch a game sometime. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Well hopefully Anderson can develop like Murphy did. He turned into a decent enough player that he earned himself a second contract.

I just hope he lays off the PEDs :rofl89:

Speaking of which, where is Trent Murphy now?

image.png.2073beaa5d13dafd6a8bbf50ec0dc5bb.png

Looks like Murphy's play really dropped off when he went to Buffalo.  What happened to 2017? Was he injured?

Edited by Rex Tomb

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Looks like Murphy's play really dropped off when he went to Buffalo.  What happened to 2017? Was he injured?

Tore his ACL in preseason.  He still got a decent payday from the Bills for having a year off, plus the suspension.

Anderson hasn't really had the chance to make big plays. He prolly won't get many chances because of his limited atleticism. 

He's done all that is asked of him though. Hopefully we can use him to spend the ends and fill other roles. 

I'm fine with that. 

Edited by sportjunkie07
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Anderson hasn't really had the chance to make big plays. He prolly won't get many chances because of his limited atleticism. 

He's done all that is asked of him though. Hopefully we can use him to spend the ends and fill other roles. 

He's really bulked up though. Which probably does not help his "athleticism", but perhaps makes him more suitable to the inside, maybe ?

• Thanks 1

So with Sweat's speed, and Kerrigan keeping double teams off him...can he be used in a wide-9 attack and disrupt/pressure the QB. Seems "we" the Skins stay pretty vanilla with our schemes (no fun at all IMHO). Kerrigan runs a 4.7 vs Sweats 4.4. Why not run a Buddy Ryan 46 with these two guys? Has the leagues passing games made these defense passe? Our interior line should be able to force the plays outside to these guys...

I hope they do some creative stuff for once!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So with Sweat's speed, and Kerrigan keeping double teams off him...can he be used in a wide-9 attack and disrupt/pressure the QB. Seems "we" the Skins stay pretty vanilla with our schemes (no fun at all IMHO). Kerrigan runs a 4.7 vs Sweats 4.4. Why not run a Buddy Ryan 46 with these two guys? Has the leagues passing games made these defense passe? Our interior line should be able to force the plays outside to these guys...

I hope they do some creative stuff for once!

Usually a wide 9 is used in a 4-3 defense, not a 3-4 that we run. The idea is to have the defensive ends keeping the play in the middle. However Manusky did use a lot of 4 def lineman schemes with Kerrigan being the 4th guy. 

I agree it would be nice to see some different stuff out there and with Sweats athleticism and better athletes like Rueben and Collins, we should do more creative things. Always good to mix it up but Manusky is old school so I highly doubt seeing him being Bellichek like. Let the defense dictate things rather than the offense doing it. 

On 5/8/2019 at 7:40 PM, Koolblue13 said:

You should watch a game sometime. 

Anderson may not be garbage, but he is a huge bust for draft slot. Preston Smith isn't a world beater. Smith had 4 sacks and we let him move on. We literally brought in Cassanova McKinzy off the street because we needed more from the pass edge position. McKinzy was an UDFA who ran a 4.83 40 yard dash at less than 250 pounds. Anderson hasn't been able to get on the field without having anyone impressive in front of him. 

Anderson has 2 sacks in 2 years as a 2nd round draft pick. Juju Smith-Schuster, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt, James Conner, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen and George Kittle were all chosen after Anderson and have made a pro-bowl. I would argue that Montae Nicholson, Fabian Moreau, and Chase Roullier would all have been better picks in the 2nd, since they have at least been able to sniff the field as starters. Given a re-draft, where would you guys choose Anderson? The 5th? The 6th? I might grab him in the 6th. Maybe. 

Anyway, Sweat could really be what I have been wanting at the ROLB position, and fits the model of what the Skins like. He has speed, but is also long and is a more effective run stopper than the other pass rushers available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:02 AM, Rex Tomb said:

I just hope he lays off the PEDs :rofl89:

Speaking of which, where is Trent Murphy now?

Looks like Murphy is looking like a one year wonder.  It drives me crazy to think we traded down that time with the Cowboys so they can take D. Lawrence and we got Murphy.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like Murphy is looking like a one year wonder.  It drives me crazy to think we traded down that time with the Cowboys so they can take D. Lawrence and we got Murphy.

This. We should have stayed put and taken the impact player. If there is one there, that's usually the right choice. In the 1st or 2nd, as a general rule, if there is an impact player there, I'm picking them and staying put. If there is no one I love, I'd be open to moving back. The thing that pisses me off about the Murphy and Anderson picks, is that they were inarguably awful picks from the moment they were made. Most on Extremeskins and in the media knew they were reaches and it's no surprise that there were a ton of more productive players chosen after each player.

We have gotten so much better at drafting with the current structure, IMHO. Sweat was a great pick. He's an elite athlete, with elite size, and produced very well. Moving up and grabbing that kind of guy for two 2nd's is so much better than trading back off of a guy like that for 2 seconds. The Colts moved back and drafted Ben Banogu. He's an elite athlete, but is 24, smaller than sweat, and never produced on a level comparable to Sweat. Even if he winds up being good, it was a poor process pick. Older relatively non-productive athletes like Banogu that are drafted on athletic potential belong in 3rd or 4th. 

Sweat was a great pick and has the potential to really transform this defense if he can become a pro-bowl caliber speed rusher. 

Also, I really like the Senior Bowl as an evaluation tool. Ever since Chad OchoCinco Johnson tore up the Senior Bowl, I have noticed over and over again how the best prospects at the Senior Bowl tend to pan out. Brandon Graham was another one of those guys. 

Anyway, Sweat was a great pick and I think he has a very good chance to be a pro-bowl caliber player. 

• Like 3