Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

I’m not going to **** on our picks because I know nothing, but I have to say, are we really as an organization so content with our offensive line? An aging TWill, Flowers, Roullier who’s ok not great, a returning Scherff, and an oft injured and even more aging Moses, plus Bergstrom, Christian, and? They got our franchise QB killed last year and Peterson could’ve had 2-300 yards more has they been healthy. Is this draft so deep with interior linemen that we can afford this? Just wondering.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Catalina is listed as the starter at LG right now. I dont know that we will find anything better right now in the draft. But we do need depth at the position. I am sure they will take one somewhere in the 4th or 5th.

Flowers is our starting LG right now probably followed by Bergstrom. Is Catalina even on the roster? 

Anyway, there are a lot of guys around who can and or will be starting caliber on IOL.

Michael Jordan from Ohio state proabnly came out a year early. But behind flowers a year he could be good long term. 

Ryan Bates. Tackle or guard. Should kick in to guard. 

Dru Samia G from Oklahoma

Beau Benschawel, G Wisconsin

Ross Pierschbacher, C Alabama

Just a couple options. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

That's a big part of it for sure. 

I might be off the mark but I think Brady makes his OLine look lot more talented and functional than what they truly are..  How many OL from the Pats got huge contracts elsewhere but didnt really live up to the contract.. ALOT... kind of like the WRs from that team...

1 minute ago, sjinhan said:

I might be off the mark but I think Brady makes his OLine look lot more talented and functional than what they truly are..  How many OL from the Pats got huge contracts elsewhere but didnt really live up to the contract.. ALOT... kind of like the WRs from that team...

See that's where you are wrong. A QB makes his WRs look good. The coaching staff makes the line look good. So Bill is the reason the line is so good not Brady. Brady has all day back there and that has nothing to do with him. It's not like he is a mobile QB. 

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Flowers is our starting LG right now probably followed by Bergstrom. Is Catalina even on the roster? 

Anyway, there are a lot of guys around who can and or will be starting caliber on IOL.

Michael Jordan from Ohio state proabnly came out a year early. But behind flowers a year he could be good long term. 

Just a couple options. 

Dont know. I just pulled it off of the ESPN site?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/wsh

Interesting everyone on here freaks out about OL. We have 7 picks tomorrow. And a history of drafting well late. Everyone should chill :)

I wouldn’t be surprised if we leave tomorrow with 2 offensive

linemen. One of which could be a day 1 starter in a competition with Flowers. 

FYI the comments on Geron christian mirror those of Morgan Moses after his first year. Stop writing off young developmental OL after one year. Christ. 

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just a couple options. 

Cajuste is still available as well...Damn I see NE just nabbed him

57 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When all you can say about a WR is that he can block and play Special Teams, then he's a bum. You can get guys like that in the 6th round.

Well that's not all I said about that wide receiver. General consensus  seems like it wasn't a reach  and was a solid pick  and addressed a position of need . Who would you have chosen?

Archived