Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

See that's where you are wrong. A QB makes his WRs look good. The coaching staff makes the line look good. So Bill is the reason the line is so good not Brady. Brady has all day back there and that has nothing to do with him. It's not like he is a mobile QB. 

Brady also gets the ball out just about faster than any other QB so most times the D can’t even touch him. Often defensive players are quoted saying how frustrating it is when they play against him. It’s a combination of a lot of things, that Pats Offense is a well oiled machine which can’t happen unless all of them are on the same page operating at a very high to elite level.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I wonder what the hell is going on with Chauncey Gardner. Something must have come up that isnt public. That guy is a baller on the field.

Teams found out he was a Gator. All those fools fell. 

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You really expecting a starter out of there?  C'mon, man, that was a serious need, we need a starter and a backup at LG.

We also need offensive weapons.  QB can have 8 seconds and Doctson/Richardson and whoever still won’t get open.

They needed WR/G.  I hope they throw bodies at guard later because you can find guards in the 4th and 5th round who can play.  

I’ve said this before: if your offense stalks because you have a bad LG, especially playing next to Trent, they’re a something else wrong. 

BTW just a reminder on T Geron Christian. While a lot can change in a college season, the sense last year was Christian came out a year too early. It was said if he went back for his Senior year he likely would have been a 1st round type pick this year. Many questioned the pick last year because it wasn’t a “need”. But we drafted him to groom him long term. Don’t give up on him. 

Also same can be said for our supplemental pick Adonis alexander. Many said if he played in 2018 he was a candidate to be a day 1 or 2 pick. He played a bit in 2018 but was basically a redshirt year for him. Let’s not look at these players we draft as instant impacts. Some will be like Dion-Hamilton or Montae Nicholson. Or Chase roullier. Having 7 picks tomorrow ensures a couple guys will be hits / impacts 

7 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

See that's where you are wrong. A QB makes his WRs look good. The coaching staff makes the line look good. So Bill is the reason the line is so good not Brady. Brady has all day back there and that has nothing to do with him. It's not like he is a mobile QB. 

I think Brady gets the ball out so fast that OL doesnt have to be all that great.. In fact since Brady gets the ball out so fast, most defenses actually kind of give up trying to sell out to get Brady since ball is going to be out before they get there anyways... Thus you will have less aggressive attack toward the OL making them look even better than they are... 

Like the other dude said.., its just opinions around here... we can agree to disagree...

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We also need offensive weapons.  QB can have 8 seconds and Doctson/Richardson and whoever still won’t get open.

They needed WR/G.  I hope they throw bodies at guard later because you can find guards in the 4th and 5th round who can play.  

I’ve said this before: if your offense stalks because you have a bad LG, especially playing next to Trent, they’re a something else wrong. 

I was hoping we'd get a WR and a G in the third, not just a WR.  Having said that, I get you're point, but our receiver core is too weak think a third round receiver will make more of an impact then a possible starter at LG, we don't have one right now.

2 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

I think Brady gets the ball out so fast that OL doesnt have to be all that great.. In fact since Brady gets the ball out so fast, most defenses actually kind of give us trying to sell out to get Brady since ball is going to be out before they get there anyways... Thus you will have less aggressive attack toward the OL making them look even better than they are... 

Like the other dude said.., its just opinions around here... we can agree to disagree...

Well you can say opinion all you want but I'm sure you can look up stats on that. Like how much time Brady normally has. For the most part he sits in the pocket untouched for awhile. Yes he can move it fast, but he also has time and always has. 

2 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

I think Brady gets the ball out so fast that OL doesnt have to be all that great.. In fact since Brady gets the ball out so fast, most defenses actually kind of give up trying to sell out to get Brady since ball is going to be out before they get there anyways... Thus you will have less aggressive attack toward the OL making them look even better than they are... 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cc3ce184d55315355

@Renegade7 I know it’s not the best situation but is Ereck Flowers not an ideal kick the tires going upside guy while we wait for a draft pick to develop? Giants refused to move him to LG. He was the #9 pick for a reason. While a massive reach then, he still has pedigree and potential. A couple Day 3 picks on the IOL to compete with him is not a bad situation. 

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Well you can say opinion all you want but I'm sure you can look up stats on that. Like how much Tim Brady normally has. For the most part he sits in the pocket untouched for awhile. Yes he can move it fast, but he also has time and always has. 

the Chicken or the egg question... Brady can sit back there because no one really comes after him anymore...  I believe 100% that is because he gets the ball away so quick if you blitz him...  only way to get to brady is play ALOT of coverage and have some elite DL that can just dominate the OL which does happen time to time... but those DL guys grow on trees...  Brady has all day because he has the ability to get the ball out faster than most QB in the league...  

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

BTW just a reminder on T Geron Christian. While a lot can change in a college season, the sense last year was Christian came out a year too early. It was said if he went back for his Senior year he likely would have been a 1st round type pick this year. Many questioned the pick last year because it wasn’t a “need”. But we drafted him to groom him long term. Don’t give up on him. 

Also same can be said for our supplemental pick Adonis alexander. Many said if he played in 2018 he was a candidate to be a day 1 or 2 pick. He played a bit in 2018 but was basically a redshirt year for him. Let’s not look at these players we draft as instant impacts. Some will be like Dion-Hamilton or Montae Nicholson. Or Chase roullier. Having 7 picks tomorrow ensures a couple guys will be hits / impacts 

Don't forget Matt Ioannidis... He was on the PS his first year, now he's one of the best players on this Defense.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Renegade7 I know it’s not the best situation but is Ereck Flowers not an ideal kick the tires going upside guy while we wait for a draft pick to develop? Giants refused to move him to LG. He was the #9 pick for a reason. While a massive reach then, he still has pedigree and potential. A couple Day 3 picks on the IOL to compete with him is not a bad situation. 

That's best case scenario, he's been terrible everywhere else he's been, so I'm prepared for him to be depth at best not a solid ready to go starter at LG.  Just being realistic

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Well you can say opinion all you want but I'm sure you can look up stats on that. Like how much Tim Brady normally has. For the most part he sits in the pocket untouched for awhile. Yes he can move it fast, but he also has time and always has. 

Brady averaged 2.59 seconds to throw this season, third-quickest in the NFL. The quick-trigger meant he was pressured on just 17.9 percent of dropbacks, fewest in the NFL -- New England allowed 8.6 percent pressure rate to interior pass rushers this season (fourth-lowest in NFL). TB12 has taken the quick-pass to another level in the playoffs. He averaged 2.33 seconds to throw versus the Chargers and 2.51 seconds against K.C., per Next Gen Stats.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001014420/article/super-question-can-rams-get-pressure-on-tom-brady

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Priority imo is always QB > Both Lines > everyone else.  A dominant OLine will win more games than great wideouts.  A dominant dline makes for a better defense than a great secondary.  I’m never against the redskins stacking either line,  

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's best case scenario, he's been terrible everywhere else he's been, so I'm prepared for him to be depth at best not a solid ready to go starter at LG.  Just being realistic

Yeah, a lot of my Flowers memories are yucking it up as he got blown past and Eli throwing himself into the dirt before contact gets to him so he doesn’t take a hit.

Archived