Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Did I just read that Scherff has been put on IR? If so, that might change my calculus on whether to keep him or at what cost. I think this is three years in a row where he's been unable to finish the season and despite his probowl bid, I don't know that he has been elite while playing. I prefer he stay, but if he can't stay healthy I don't know that the team should pay a king's ransom to keep him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/17/brandon-scherff-goes-injured-reserve-ending-his-season-possibly-his-time-with-redskins/%3foutputType=amp

45 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Did I just read that Scherff has been put on IR? If so, that might change my calculus on whether to keep him or at what cost. I think this is three years in a row where he's been unable to finish the season and despite his probowl bid, I don't know that he has been elite while playing. I prefer he stay, but if he can't stay healthy I don't know that the team should pay a king's ransom to keep him.

45 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yes they need to pay a king's Ransom to keep him... who knows maybe he's going through some personal stuff each and every player has off times... yes he's had a handful of big play negated penalties... I imagine it's more of a precautionary thing to Ir him... I don't think his health is any issue.. keep this man in burgundy and gold!!!

Not sure where this goes but interesting, PFF rankings of best players.

NFC

Quarterbacks (3)

Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (93.7), Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (92.0) & Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings (86.1)

Running Backs (3)

Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers (87.4), Aaron Jones, Green Bay Packers (85.3) & Dalvin Cook, Minnesota Vikings (81.4)

Fullback (1)

Kyle Juszczyk, San Francisco 49ers (71.8)

Wide Receivers (4)

Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (90.7), Michael Thomas, New Orleans Saints (89.9), Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons (90.1) & Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys (87.1)

Tight Ends (2)

George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers (94.3) & Tyler Higbee, Los Angeles Rams (83.0)

Offensive Tackles (3)

Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagles (88.8), Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans Saints (88.3) & La’el Collins, Dallas Cowboys (84.3)

Guards (3)

Brandon Brooks, Philadephia Eagles (92.7), Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys (89.2) & Brandon Scherff, Washington Redskins (75.0)

Centers (2)

Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles (77.4) & Frank Ragnow, Detroit Lions (76.0)

Edge Defenders (4)

Danielle Hunter, Minnesota Vikings (89.6), Arik Armstead, San Francisco 49ers (88.8), Jadeveon Clowney, Seattle Seahawks (88.8) & Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers (88.7)

Interior Defensive Linemen (4)

Aaron Donald, Los Angeles Rams (93.5), Grady Jarrett, Atlanta Falcons (89.7), Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia Eagles (87.3) & Vita Vea, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (78.2)

Linebackers (3)

Eric Kendricks, Minnesota Vikings (90.7), Demario Davis, New Orleans Saints (89.9) & Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (89.4)

Cornerbacks (4)

Quinton Dunbar, Washington Redskins (87.6), Richard Sherman, San Francisco 49ers (86.6), Shaquill Griffin, Seattle Seahawks (81.8) & Troy Hill, Los Angeles Rams (76.4)

Safeties (3)

Marcus Williams, New Orleans Saints (90.1), Anthony Harris, Minnesota Vikings (87.0) & Harrison Smith, Minnesota Vikings (85.2)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pffs-2020-nfl-pro-bowl-rosters

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

NFC

Cornerbacks (4)

Quinton Dunbar, Washington Redskins (87.6), Richard Sherman, San Francisco 49ers (86.6), Shaquill Griffin, Seattle Seahawks (81.8) & Troy Hill, Los Angeles Rams (76.4)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pffs-2020-nfl-pro-bowl-rosters

I would never have guessed Quinton Dunbar was the top rated corner in the NFC. We're also pretty highly ranked in pressures and sacks. Makes you wonder just how bad Norman/Manusky was to be unable to take advantage of this.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I would never have guessed Quinton Dunbar was the top rated corner in the NFC. We're also pretty highly ranked in pressures and sacks. Makes you wonder just how bad Norman/Manusky was to be unable to take advantage of this.

The problem is all the other corners were rated poorly.  Opposing defenses don't have to throw Dunbar's way. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tight Ends (2)

George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers (94.3) & Tyler Higbee, Los Angeles Rams (83.0)

Here are the players from each conference that should make up the 2020 Pro Bowl rosters given the previous 15 weeks of play.

Yeah, no, the previous 15 weeks did not make Tyler Higbee a Pro Bowl worthy player.  Maybe the last 3, the 12 before that, not so much.  And he might be a nice player going forward, but let's not get carried away.  Austin Hooper's like "What the hell, man?" 

That right there throws the whole list into question.  lol

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The problem is all the other corners were rated poorly.  Opposing defenses don't have to throw Dunbar's way. 

Yep... and he’s missed time.  And we seem to struggle against backs/TEs... and our offense has been generally poor.  
With that said, we do have some good components.  I wonder if they actually extend Dunbar - he’s probably more deserving than Moses and Reed (due to injury) were.  

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Yep... and he’s missed time.  And we seem to struggle against backs/TEs... and our offense has been generally poor.  
With that said, we do have some good components.  I wonder if they actually extend Dunbar - he’s probably more deserving than Moses and Reed (due to injury) were.  

I cant remember the last time we were solid against TEs.  They've eaten us alive for years.  Sua Cravens was probably supposed to be the secret weapon on that once upon a time.  After him, we kinda dumped the hybrid LB idea.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I cant remember the last time we were solid against TEs.  They've eaten us alive for years.  Sua Cravens was probably supposed to be the secret weapon on that once upon a time.  After him, we kinda dumped the hybrid LB idea.

Yeah, I had hope for JHC, but for whatever reason, that hasn’t worked out.  SDH seems like he’s pretty good in coverage and Cravens seems ok as well.  Of course, I it’s hard to know how much to blame on coaching vs personnel.  

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I had hope for JHC, but for whatever reason, that hasn’t worked out.  SDH seems like he’s pretty good in coverage and Cravens seems ok as well.  Of course, I it’s hard to know how much to blame on coaching vs personnel.  

I hope with a decent draft you guys are on top of the NFC next year at this time. 

I'm surprised nobody has talked about Jon Allen and the fact he's in a contract year next year.  I don't think it's smart to use the 5th year as a tool, it can backfire just as much as it can help, especially with the players ready for a big fight after the CBA expires.

Better get him signed once the new GM comes in, good players have value, not everyone is going to be a superstar.

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm surprised nobody has talked about Jon Allen and the fact he's in a contract year next year.  I don't think it's smart to use the 5th year as a tool, it can backfire just as much as it can help, especially with the players ready for a big fight after the CBA expires.

Better get him signed once the new GM comes in, good players have value, not everyone is going to be a superstar.

Depends on what we wants. Is he worth 12 million a year? Because that number as it stands would get him into the 15 highest paid DE.

Just read article from Hogs haven web site about Austin Hooper who went to Stanford like the Eagles tight end (Ertz) and he is currently on the Falcons.

Falcons have cap problems so we might be able to sign this guy.  He is 25 years old and can block and catch the ball unlike our tight ends who can

only block or only catch but cannot do both tasks well.  We need to let go our tight ends and start over.  Maybe draft one tight end and then try to

sign Hooper to a cap friendly contract (assuming the Prince of Darkness is no longer the General Manager).

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Another Bruce failure.

It was a failure, but I still kind of liked him in 2018. Guy really fought hard and probably stayed on the field longer than he could have. He just couldn't stay healthy. Bad signing, but I think he gave what he could.

I almost forgot about Richardson. Man, if we hire a smart GM, this team could have a ton of cap room next year. So much dead wood and I’m including Kerrigan as well.  I love the guy but it’s time for a complete overhaul, especially if we draft the Chase Young.

This offseason could easily be a turning point for the franchise.  Guess we will find out Monday.

Archived