Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

You literally could not be more wrong.

I try to have my ducks in a line when I post thus:  https://riggosrag.com/2019/12/13/redskins-2020-offseason-wish-list-quarterbacks/

"  Case Keenum and Colt McCoy are not under contract following this season, and in all honesty, it is time to move on from both of these signal callers."

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I try to have my ducks in a line when I post thus:  https://riggosrag.com/2019/12/13/redskins-2020-offseason-wish-list-quarterbacks/

"  Case Keenum and Colt McCoy are not under contract following this season, and in all honesty, it is time to move on from both of these signal callers."

What about the QB that I mentioned in the post THAT YOU QUOTED!!

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

What about the QB that I mentioned in the post THAT YOU QUOTED!!

Technically, but in reality does he count as a player that will be starting when the season begins let alone being able to play this year or ever?  Just saying. :) 

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Technicality? He’s a QB under contract. That’s, like, the opposite of no other QB under contract. It’s also why I said we need to see what Smith’s status is prior to the draft in terms of health.

We can see what his status is but, this is only my opinion, we will be drafting a QB in the draft, bro.  If we don, so be it.  It's totally up to the F.O. and coaches, right?  If Smith comes back great but he has a LONG way to go, I think.

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We can see what his status is but, this is only my opinion, we will be drafting a QB in the draft, bro.  If we don, so be it.  It's totally up to the F.O. and coaches, right?  If Smith comes back great but he has a LONG way to go, I think.

If we do I see it being 6th or 7th round. A flier like Steven Montez or someone like that.

I'd expect us to draft a QB on day 3 as well....or...we might try and get Kyle Allen from the Panthers. He is an exclusive right free agent, so basically the Panthers will easily retain him.

However, if they stick with Cam and also have Will Grier, I would be tempted to offer them a day 3 pick for Kyle Allen. 

Unless of course they move on from Cam Newton. In which case, he'll end up in B&G...:bye:

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'd expect us to draft a QB on day 3 as well....or...we might try and get Kyle Allen from the Panthers. He is an exclusive right free agent, so basically the Panthers will easily retain him.

However, if they stick with Cam and also have Will Grier, I would be tempted to offer them a day 3 pick for Kyle Allen. 

Unless of course they move on from Cam Newton. In which case, he'll end up in B&G...:bye:

So you think the skins pick up cam if hes released?...I was worried about this...I'm hoping for something like..a cheap ass free agent and a qb drafted in rounds 5 or 6..bring in cam and ya instantly got a qb controversy..

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So you think the skins pick up cam if hes released?...I was worried about this...I'm hoping for something like..a cheap ass free agent and a qb drafted in rounds 5 or 6..bring in cam and ya instantly got a qb controversy..

We really need to put this rumor/theory to rest. 

We have a young quarterback with a ton of potential and a veteran who may never play again on a huge contract that we can't get out of.

Nothing is impossible but the likelihood of us bringing in cam newton is so low that its not even a topic worthy of discussion. 

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

We really need to put this rumor/theory to rest. 

We have a young quarterback with a ton of potential and a veteran who may never play again on a huge contract that we can't get out of.

Nothing is impossible but the likelihood of us bringing in cam newton is so low that its not even a topic worthy of discussion. 

Wait..huh?...are you saying you think I think we should bring in cam?...I'm on your side here...the talks of cam coming here shouldn't even be brought up..we have our qb of the future......for now 

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait..huh?...are you saying you think I think we should bring in cam?...I'm on your side here...the talks of cam coming here shouldn't even be brought up..we have our qb of the future......for now 

No I'm saying we're all wasting our time and efforts even entertaining the possibility. 

38 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'd be fine with bringing Case back as a backup QB...if everything else is improved we cpuld win games with Case if we had to play him. He is made for the backup QB role.

I agree that Case would work if he wants to come back.  He did say something the other day about some problems need fixing.

I would be fine with Keenum as a backup, but I have to wonder about cost.  What we paid him last year was due to Denver paying a big chunk of his money.  I’d also think he’d like a shot at competing for a starting role... though that ship may have sailed.  

Given the number of question marks on the team, I’m also not sure we would/should spend as high as a 5th given the number of contributors we’ve found in that round.  Who knows though.  

15 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

The 2020 FA QB class has some big names: Brady, Brees, Rivers..  Bridgewater, Marriota, Tannehill, Winston.

Not the greatest QB class, but I'm sure they'll be serviceable. I'd give Brees vet min + incentives and see how he does as a backup.

27 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Not the greatest QB class, but I'm sure they'll be serviceable. I'd give Brees vet min + incentives and see how he does as a backup.

I know you’re joking but in case you’re not, I’m sure that’s exactly how he wants to end his career. Backup on the redskins.

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'd be fine with bringing Case back as a backup QB...if everything else is improved we cpuld win games with Case if we had to play him. He is made for the backup QB role.

I agree. He's a good backup not a starter.

3 hours ago, Hailmary70 said:

I'd rather have Fitzmagic as my backup! The guy has heart!!

and a beard.

Archived