Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?

How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?

• Angry Fan - you're livid and are actively involved in finding ways to let Snyder know how unacceptable this all is to you and many others...#firebruceallen #burnitalltothegroud
    • Depressed Fan - you're angry but more than that, you're just too drained emotionally to do anything about it...you're likely to hang out in the Tailgate for the forseeable future
    • Self-loathing Fan - you hate Snyder, hate the coaches, hate a lot of the players, but mostly hate yourself for still hanging on...you praise the Cowboys to deflect from the reality that you won't leave
    • Apathetic Fan - you just don't give a **** anymore...you're not angry and you're not happy...you're not gonna root for another team but spending Sundays at IKEA with your wife/gf doesn't sound so bad anymore
    • Cautiously Optimistic Fan - yeah, you hate how things seem to be going but, dammit, this is your team and you enjoy seeing the positives amidst the negatives..every season is a new season
    • Homer Fan - you don't let other people's doom and gloom get in your way of enjoying following the Redskins...looking forward to free agency and the draft, baby! This will be our year!
    • Laughing Fan - you find the dysfunction of the team, the tabloid-ish takes by the media, and the hysteria of the fanbase entertaining....you just grab some popcorn, sit back, and take it all in
    • Al Davis Fan - just win, baby...don't care about anything else but that. If we're not winning, I'm pissed. If we are winning, I'm good. Just win. Period.

Apathy for me has really set in. I just don't care that much anymore. I do watch all the games still but do so in peace and quiet. I sometimes fall asleep during games. I've been also not only turned off by Dan Snyder but also this fanbase. 

I don't fit any one particular category, but then I kinda define every one of them.

If I were to be in a category, it would most likely be;

" The Drunk and Stoned Mechanic Mr. Fix-It ::   This category is one that describes a hopeless moron who thinks he has a chance of finding some way to help solve the issues of the organization but in reality he doesn't know **** from wild honey about the goings-on in the FO. He thinks he has an idea and pursues it, only to find the idea had already been talked over 3 pages ago but he's too lazy to read the entire thread. He reminds people of a drunk nun with a bull whip and a bottle of gin. Can't beat it into them, can't beat it outta them.

Depends on the day really.  Some days all of them outside of homer fan and self-loathing fan.  Dan Snyder is a disease that has been killing off homers for nearly two decades.  I think most everyone starts out as a homer, but once that infection of Snyderitis sets in, it slowly eats away at homerism.  You start to see a lot of what you once defended as silly, it all kind of adds up over time and the results tend to mirror the negative thoughts.

7 hours ago, Alexa said:

Apathy for me has really set in. I just don't care that much anymore. I do watch all the games still but do so in peace and quiet. I sometimes fall asleep during games. I've been also not only turned off by Dan Snyder but also this fanbase. 

This can't be said enough. I think part of my apathy setting in is because I'm sort of ashamed to be part of this fan base right now. We were 6-3 and this board read like we were 2-7, which was reflected by the piss poor turnout for the Texans game where heading in we had a two game division lead. Does Buffalo look like that when they were 6-3? Cleveland? Two teams with arguably WORSE track records and dysfunction than us the past two decades? I don't think so. And save me the "I was right, it wasn't sustainable" BS that is inevitable to follow. No team outside of maybe MAYBE the Belichick led Patriots survives their top two QB's going down. And that's not delving into a host of other injuries that are less forgivable bc of their injury histories.

Now our fans are actually actively wishing that Dan doesn't get a new stadium. What kind of hogwash is that? He has many many faults but he inherited Fed Ex. And we all know how crappy that stadium and location is, which is part of why the fans don't go anymore. So to wish he can't get a brand new stadium which would in turn cause more fans to go and create a better home atmosphere seems so counter productive to me. Mason Foster and Josh Norman were right. And you want to know why they weren't punished or demoted or called out? Cause that entire coaching staff and organization feels it too.

By the nature of what I do for a living, I've seen the "angry" person taking action can make a difference especially if enough follow suit and you got to keep faith and stay with it even if it doesn't work right away.   I don't care how many people here are cynical about it.  I've seen it with my own eyes.   It's like taking hammer and chipping away at something -- eventually over time often it works assuming there are other variables in play too that also pushes the momentum that way.   The Vinny-Fassel stuff to me are cases in point. 

So to me I have special affinity and think the best fans in my book (purely opinion on my end from my perspective) are the ones who aren't just angry but act on it by sending tweets, write letters, emails and do something.  I've been in that camp over the years though not on twitter. 

I think the most dangerous fans for the team's future are the ones who are apathetic.  The angry fans are passionate and care enough to take action.  The apathetic fans are the ones checking out.  And they have every right to check out.  But in Dan-Bruce's shoes I wouldn't be as bothered by the angry fans as I would from the growing apathetic ones. 

Sheehan explained this well (it hits home for my thoughts, too) in recent broadcasts which is Dan-Bruce feed off the homers who buy into we are the Redskins and we support all you do, we got your back no matter what.  He's not the only guy who has covered the team who said that's what they hang on to.  Where do they find those fans?  According to Sheehan-Finlay its at these off season events they do especially luncheons-charity events, etc.  As to what the reality is?  Who knows. 

In my book, I agree with Sheehan the homers we got your back group are the weakest fans at least in the context of wanting change.  And that's not a fact -- that's just my opinion.  In their defense, if they like the status quo and what Dan and Bruce got cooking, they have every right to hold on to what they think.  But if they don't but just feel out of loyalty they have to have their back anyway.  I disagree with that mindset.  Having said that, as for what type of fans people are and whether its good or bad -- its pure opinion, there is no right or wrong answer to it. 

And too bad to be a Redskins fan these days we have this type of divide period.  Czaben did a funny segment on this about a civil war among Redskins fans.  And no the reason for this isn't that the Redskins have the worst fans but because we are one of the unique organizations with both a polarizing owner and polarizing GM where neither is considered by many in the NFL to be true football people and we got almost 20 years of mostly failure-mediocrity with variations of the same set up. 

This fan base has much more to endure than the standard football team so we are tested in ways that the random football team isn't.  Heck even the Cleveland Browns is a different story -- they've had different ownership teams during Dan's tenure, they've thrown stuff against the wall that included standard ways to build a successful franchise and aren't just on rinse and repeat with two rounds of having the league's laughing stock GM in charge for seemingly perpetuity.   They also in recent years figured out how to rebuild -- shed salaries, go nuts accruing draft picks, etc.   Look at where they are now versus us?

The Redskins beat to their own drum and its not been matched by success.   And nope the problem here isn't the fans reaction to their strange-arrogant-dysfunctional model.  Imagine if for example Eagle fans or Saints fans had to endure all of this -- do we really think they'd be united let alone united by having the owner and GM's back?

Definitely Apathetic. Everything on Sundays was scheduled around the skins game. The missus knew better than to schedule or ask for anything on game day. Slowly that has changed......now I volunteer for errands, kid's b'day parties and other mundane stuff rather than watch the skins play. I hit a new low when I accepted an invitation to a friend's b'day party at a winery rather than watch the game. I actually enjoy watching some of the other teams play. Less stressful and better quality product on the field. 

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

By the nature of what I do for a living, I've seen the "angry" person taking action can make a difference especially if enough follow suit and you got to keep faith and stay with it even if it doesn't work right away.   I don't care how many people here are cynical about it.  I've seen it with my own eyes.   It's like taking hammer and chipping away at something -- eventually over time often it works assuming there are other variables in play too that also pushes the momentum that way.   The Vinny-Fassel stuff to me are cases in point.

I couldn't disagree more. Anger and bitterness creates a toxic atmosphere and rift between the fan base and the players who are here NOW. Those players weren't here for Zorn or Vinny or Spurrier or Shanny or all of the crappy regimes before them. Who as a player wants to come home 6-3 with a 2 game division lead and all they hear is overwhelming negativity bc we aren't winning games pretty and we've seen this story before this team sucks yada yada yada.

And SO glad that the fans anger pushed us into Zorn and then subsequently the guy worse than Vinny. Oh the irony. Keep the anger up, it's yielding incredible results while also making our players feel like we back them.

28 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I couldn't disagree more. Anger and bitterness creates a toxic atmosphere and rift between the fan base and the players who are here NOW. Those players weren't here for Zorn or Vinny or Spurrier or Shanny or all of the crappy regimes before them. Who as a player wants to come home 6-3 with a 2 game division lead and all they hear is overwhelming negativity bc we aren't winning games pretty and we've seen this story before this team sucks yada yada yada.

And SO glad that the fans anger pushed us into Zorn and then subsequently the guy worse than Vinny. Oh the irony. Keep the anger up, it's yielding incredible results while also making our players feel like we back them.

Of course you couldn't disagree more.  😉    I said nothing about going after players.   It's pure Bruce-Dan.  I know from other posts you are as high strung and emotional as anyone on the topic.  But your emotional reaction isn't superior to someone else's

When you go on your high horse saying you claim to be ashamed to be a Redskins fan based on how fans react to things...it sets you up for a counter that there are people who think (like Sheehan who actually is a long time fan among others) that the way you think is embarrassing and enables the dysfunction. 

And frankly, I think both sides are wrong as to being able to put a positive or negative label on fans.  People can be fans IMO anyway that floats their boat.   There is no IMO embarrassing perspective but different perspective. 

You rallying around the idea that I am wrong and that its bad for fans to voice displeasure is just your opinion.  Implying the idea that Dan will turn to door #2 and door #2 will likely be an even worst option is also opinion.  And frankly how they heck would you or I know that Dan's Plan B will likely be worse -- especially now when we seem to have a rare likely preview of what Plan B actually is and if its true we've all agreed sounds actually pretty good.    And not to get off topic but you conveniently twisted your opinion to Bruce is worst than Vinny to fit your point here even though you've said to death the reverse a gazillion times.  But I welcome that you arrived to that point even if its just used to try to win an argument and you perhaps don't really mean it.  But I digress. 😉

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Of course you couldn't disagree more.  😉    I said nothing about going after players.   It's pure Bruce-Dan.  I know from other posts your are as high strung and emotional as anyone on the topic.  But your emotional reaction isn't superior to someone else's

When you go on your high horse saying you claim to be ashamed to be a Redskins fan based on how fans react to things.  There are people who think (like Sheehan who actually is a long time fan among others) that the way you think is embarrassing and enables the dysfunction. 

And frankly, I think both sides are wrong as to being able to put a positive or negative label on fans.  People can be fans IMO anyway that floats their boat.   There is no IMO embarrassing perspective but different perspective. 

You rallying around the idea that I am wrong and that its bad for fans to voice displeasure is just your opinion.  Implying the idea that Dan will turn to door #2 and door #2 will likely be an even worst option is also opinion.  And frankly how they heck would you or I know that Dan's Plan B will likely be worse -- especially now when we seem to have a rare likely preview of what Plan B actually is.    And not to get off topic but you conveniently twisted your opinion to Bruce is worst than Vinny to fit your point here even though you've said to death the reverse a gazillion times.  But I digress. 😉

Couple of things.

Going after Bruce and Dan is not a thing, at least without also creating an unfavorable relationship with the players. That's the point.

And please stop with the high horse and superiority crap. My opinions are strong, and I voice them that way. But that's all they are, opinions. I personally believe anger and bitterness becomes counter productive to creating a favorable environment. You don't, that's cool. I disagree, which is what I said, never implied my thoughts were superior to yours. Maybe you read too much into them.

And I didn't conveniently do anything. I am poking fun at the fact that you think anger works and highlighted Vinny as an example. All that did was get us Bruce, who now everyone and their mother thinks is the actual devil. It's just ironic is all. That's not what I personally think, as you know.

We use to have the most intelligent fan base around. Now? Not so much. Dan and his wife released a statement sending condolences about JD Gibbs passing. All you saw on there was this bitter ass hastag community that just want Bruce Allen fired. Most of us do but to me that just wasn't the place for that BS. This is one of the  reasons I don't care as much. Some of the fans of this team kind of disgust me. 

I'm a cautious optimist.

I use this as relaxation, away from the bull**** that governs the rest of life.

Sad that so much of that crap seeps in.. but regardless, i think being a fan is a choice, and if you make that choice you can either take what comes of get out.

Nobody is guaranteed anything for being a fan, and the entitlement a lot of fans feel is pretty dumb.

I get mad, i will holler and i will yell for heads to roll.. but i'll always be back next year.

~Bang

25 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Going after Bruce and Dan is not a thing, at least without also creating an unfavorable relationship with the players. That's the point.

To each their own but I think that's ridiculous.  The fireBruce movement I'd bet money doesn't bother Josh Norman.   Heck if you buy into Laconfora's take Norman would even agree with it.    Finlay has talked about some players telling him privately that think that the FO is a mess. 

You are conflating it seems that fans boo players out of frustration about Bruce or Dan -- doubt that.  I've been at plenty of stadiums where teams were booed -- its just fan frustration with poor performance.   Only convergence I see is fans not going to games.   And yes players complained about that.  But that's typically about apathy not the angry fans.   Can you force apathetic fans to be interested in the product?  I don't see how. 

And please stop with the high horse and superiority crap.

I'll stop when you stop doing it.  When you take a stance where within your point your prop your position as having more credibility or denigrate the other -- then it lends to a response to hit you right back on that specific point. 

And I didn't conveniently do anything. I am poking fun at the fact that you think anger works and highlighted Vinny as an example. All that did was get us Bruce, who now everyone and their mother thinks is the actual devil. It's just ironic is all. That's not what I personally think, as you know.

You propped that position by three points

A. Fassel would have been better than Zorn.  I agree.

B. Cerrato > Bruce.  Is that's today's take from you?

C. Implying Dan getting rid of Bruce would lead to something worse since my point was all about the FO and that's where the fans angst right now is directed at.  I presume that means you don't buy that Plan B is Schaffer or Kyle or doubt they'd be better?

Yeah my point is if you are going to change your opinions on a whim just to make a point within a moment then I presume you own these new opinions.  So I was asking.  Otherwise it comes off like you are just trying to win a debate versus have a discussion - if you can just flip your opinion around on a dime to fit any argument. 

I'm so meh. 

I like to look for reasons to be optimistic, but I just don't see it. And I hate to sound like I'm assuming the conclusion or predicting the future, but it gets so frustrating to see the pessimistic fans say "we're not a playoff team" for whatever reason and then no matter why, it ultimately holds true. We're into a few years of the Klye Smith drafts and as optimistic as I was about him over Vinny & Bruce, I can say that its more of a marginal improvement so far when it goes to results.

I don't like the "no all pros since xxx argument" because we have had all pro caliber players like Green, Bailey, Samuels, Arrington, Williams, Kerrington, Morris, RG3, etc and if you look at the history of all pro teams (available at pro football reference), you see that through different sources have voted players as all pro. But it seems like our players we're drafting, while making the team, aren't making an impact. I remember having high hopes for Keenan Robinson, Amerson, Rambo, Thomas, Murphy, Spaight, Daniels, etc. But all those guys are gone with little to no impact. And its not just picking a few names out of a hat, but its the question of are we going for the most talented player  or the player who has the highest ceiling or the player who has the highest floor, or something else?

It seems like we're going after these highest floor type players, who can be capable backups or ok starters but their ceilings are generally relatively low - either that or we miscalculate their floors and ceilings because our draft picks, while making the team are not having a major impact on the final product. Its great to have so much home grown talent, but the major reason to invest in home grown talent is because other teams don't let playmakers get away. So we need to use some of these draft resources on playmakers and just meh talent. 

Cause when you have a playmeker like RG3 or CP or Santana Moss or ST21, it can do a lot to make me not think about Danny Boy and his antics. But when we've got no playmakers and we've got to pray to cross the 50 3 times a game, the moment Bruce or Danny does anything "Redskins" it makes me just say "ok" to watching "Jane the Virgin" instead of the clownshow. 

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To each their own but I think that's ridiculous.  The fireBruce movement I'd bet money doesn't bother Josh Norman.   Heck if you buy into Laconfora's take Norman would even agree with it.    Finlay has talked about some players telling him privately that think that the FO is a mess. 

You are conflating it seems that fans boo players out of frustration about Bruce or Dan -- doubt that.  I've been at plenty of stadiums where teams were booed -- its just fan frustration with poor performance.   Only convergence I see is fans not going to games.   And yes players complained about that.  But that's typically about apathy not the angry fans.   Can you force apathetic fans to be interested in the product?  I don't see how. 

Make no mistake anger and apathy go hand in hand. They are angry so they don't show at the games and tell players like Foster on social media they suck etc. They don't care about anything other than getting the top Brass fired or to have Dan sell the team. And yes it has a tangible affect on the players, we've had two of our own speak out against our own fan base. I think that's a pretty convincing argument in my favor.

I'll stop when you stop doing it.  When you take a stance where within your point your prop your position as having more credibility or denigrate the other -- then it lends to a response to hit you right back on that specific point. 

This is really getting old. Read my post. Read it out loud in a nice tone and tell me anything there is me propping myself up as having more credibility. Not going to engage anymore on you with this, cool with debating skins football but not going to try and convince you I'm not some high and mighty being with superior opinions. Like I said, you're reading too much into them. Strongly worded does not equal my opinion reigns supreme.

You propped that position by three points

A. Fassel would have been better than Zorn.  I agree.

Yes 100%

B. Cerrato > Bruce.  Is that's today's take from you?

No, thought I just covered that. It was illustrating that anger resulted in Vinny leaving and Bruce entering. A bunch of fans now miss the good ole days with bug eyes, which I find ironic. I personally think the way we do business now is far better than the old way, so no I'm not changing any stances.

C. Implying Dan getting rid of Bruce would lead to something worse since my point was all about the FO and that's where the fans angst right now is directed at.  I presume that means you don't buy that Plan B is Schaffer or Kyle or doubt they'd be better?

No but it could, IMO. I've talked a lot about wanting Schaffer and Kyle promoted and think this regime has run its course and topped out at mediocrity. I'd like to see what those guys have in elevated roles.

Yeah my point is if you are going to change your opinions on a whim just to make a point within a moment then I presume you own these new opinions.  So I was asking.  Otherwise it comes off like you are just trying to win a debate versus have a discussion - if you can just flip your opinion around on a dime to fit any argument. 

Not doing this...

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Make no mistake anger and apathy go hand in hand. 

'Actually they typically don't go hand in hand, there are almost opposite emotions.  Anger is all about caring.  Apathy is about not caring.  Also, I think you are associating anger to an anti-FO position.  Anger isn't about a specific position but an emotion.  Reading many of your posts, you often come off angry yourself.   Anger about other people's positions is still anger.

This is really getting old. Read my post. Read it out loud in a nice tone and tell me anything there is me propping myself up as having more credibility. Not going to engage anymore on you with this, cool with debating skins football but not going to try and convince you I'm not some high and mighty being with superior opinions. Like I said, you're reading too much into them. Strongly worded does not equal my opinion reigns supreme.

Tough for me to read it and just ignore your others posts where I don't bring any context to it.  But OK to play along, if we are talking on just that specific post was you saying you are ashamed to be a Redskins fan citing their record didn't warrant criticism and other franchise fans wouldn't act that way -- comes off like you are propping your position and are being condescending to those who weren't happy with the team.  "Ashamed" is a pretty strong word.     Even saying ashamed with a nice tone like you requested me to do -- sorry it still doesn't feel like a happy go lucky point.  It comes off angry.   

The irony for me is listening to some podcasts recently -- one in particular from a long-time Redskins fan opined that fans like you are the ones who should be mocked because they very closely mirror the world view of Dan-Bruce who allegedly from time to time feed off of the ones who sympathize with them.   The hey we've won games early in the season, we got some bad luck -- we've made some good decisions and bad decisions, so what gives?  The fans-media just overreact.  They are the problem not us. That seems to sum up the take at Redskins Park according to some who claim they talk to sources at the FO.   

My take is to each their own because its all opinion driven.   And my larger point is I don't think you can judge by making apples to apples comparisons to other teams because it isn't apples to apples where the point implies there is something fundamentally wrong specifically with Redskins fans.  Heck even fans of other teams are coming out recently they feel bad for what we go through. 

Browns and Bills aren't apples to apples.  And since when are the Bills known for dysfunction by the way?

The best way to judge people is often under stress not when its 72 degrees and sunny.  We are just assuming that Giants fans for example if under the same stressors would act with total class?  Seems silly to me.   I recall how Giant fans went nuts about Jerry Reese.   But they've been luckier because their owner has a good rep and they've won super bowls relatively recently compared to us. 

No, thought I just covered that. It was illustrating that anger resulted in Vinny leaving and Bruce entering. A bunch of fans now miss the good ole days with bug eyes, which I find ironic. I personally think the way we do business now is far better than the old way, so no I'm not changing any stances.

I thought so.   But my point is you departed from that to fit arguments that you didn't even believe in to attack my point.   That would be like me applauding Bruce for a FA move and saying i told you so to fit some narrative.  And then when cornered about it I say heck I didn't mean this is what I think but its what some others would think so i am speaking hypothetically.   

I just sit back and laugh. There isn't much I can do about it, so I tend not to worry about it. I rather not be a fan of any team then switch teams, and I don't believe in secondary teams to root for. I also know plenty of fans (Packers) who's lives revolve around the victories and they even get pissed to the point where a lose affects their sex life. Not this guy.

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

'Actually they typically don't go hand in hand, there are almost opposite emotions.  Anger is all about caring.  Apathy is about not caring.  Also, I think you are associating anger to an anti-FO position.  Anger isn't about a specific position but an emotion.  Reading many of your posts, you often come off angry yourself.   Anger about other people's positions is still anger.

Tough for me to read it and just ignore your others posts where I don't bring any context to it.  But OK to play along, if we are talking on just that specific post was you saying you are ashamed to be a Redskins fan citing their record didn't warrant criticism and other franchise fans wouldn't act that way -- comes off like you are propping your position and are being condescending to those who weren't happy with the team.  "Ashamed" is a pretty strong word.     Even saying ashamed with a nice tone like you requested me to do -- sorry it still doesn't feel like a happy go lucky point.  It comes off angry.   

Then I would argue that there's a very small segment of the fan base that is by definition "apathetic." Sure there are probably some who have completely abandoned the team and don't even watch the games or follow the team at all anymore. But the majority I'd say are angry and fed up, and because of that don't come out anymore. They have grown apathetic to actually going to the games which is what I meant.

And to be frank, you miss the boat on most of my points. This is the latest example. I have never ever ever ever ever EVER said fans should be happy with the teams' performance. What I've said repeatedly is that the angst toward the team is way over the top for a team that has been playing meaningful football in December for 4 straight seasons. That being said, mediocrity and playing meaningful football in December should never be the goal, playing meaningful games in January is. And I've touched on that, and come around on the fact it's time to make some changes because the guys in charge right now don't appear to be able to elevate us past our current state.

And yes, I'm absolutely ashamed to be part of a fan base who as @Alexa said thinks it's more important to use JD Gibbs' passing as a platform for their fire bruce allen movement. I'm ashamed to turn on the TV out here on the West Coast and watch a half empty stadium come out to support the 6-3 Redskins with a 2 game division lead. I'm ashamed that when we were 6-3 there was more whining about our QB not carving up defenses than there was appreciation for fighting and winning close games. I really am. I'm sorry that offends you but that's how I feel having grown up with season tickets and going to every game. Even when we sucked, I always felt like I was proud to be part of a fan base who would come to the games no matter what. I don't feel that anymore. So yes, I am angry and I never claimed otherwise. My anger is just directed elsewhere, as you said.

The irony for me is listening to some podcasts recently -- one in particular from a long-time Redskins fan opined that fans like you are the ones who should be mocked because they very closely mirror the world view of Dan-Bruce who allegedly from time to time feed off of the ones who sympathize with them.   The hey we've won games early in the season, we got some bad luck -- we've made some good decisions and bad decisions, so what gives?  The fans-media just overreact.  They are the problem not us. That seems to sum up the take at Redskins Park according to some who claim they talk to sources at the FO.  

First off, we don't actually know the world view of Dan and Bruce. We don't. This is all conjecture. But if you want to go ahead and paint me as a mockery of a fan bc I don't send angry hate mail to Redskins park voicing my displeasure, be my guest.

And I don't think Bruce and Dan for all of their faults actually blame the media for the teams' performance. I don't think they pal around all day thinking they've arrived. But yeah I'm sure they loathe the media and think they currently are overreacting a bit. This is not a 3 win team. There are some good pieces here and we have a plethora of draft picks again this year. We've used the Saints as an example, but let's highlight them again. They went 7-9 3 straight seasons. That's WITH a HOF QB. Then bam they hit on some big time players like Lattimore and Kamara and they are back in contention. So yeah I don't blame them for caving into the sky is falling narrative that is so prevalent.

My take is to each their own because its all opinion driven.   And my larger point is I don't think you can judge by making apples to apples comparisons to other teams because it isn't apples to apples where the point implies there is something fundamentally wrong specifically with Redskins fans.  Heck even fans of other teams are coming out recently they feel bad for what we go through. 

Browns and Bills aren't apples to apples.  And since when are the Bills known for dysfunction by the way?

The same Bills that haven't even BEEN to the playoffs since 2000? How is that not the mark of a dysfunctional franchise? Their fans and media don't react the way Washington's does, which is probably why you don't think of them as dysfunctional.

Archived