• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 

It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 

The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 

To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
Califan007

Poll: How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?

How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?

• Angry Fan - you're livid and are actively involved in finding ways to let Snyder know how unacceptable this all is to you and many others...#firebruceallen #burnitalltothegroud
    • Depressed Fan - you're angry but more than that, you're just too drained emotionally to do anything about it...you're likely to hang out in the Tailgate for the forseeable future
    • Self-loathing Fan - you hate Snyder, hate the coaches, hate a lot of the players, but mostly hate yourself for still hanging on...you praise the Cowboys to deflect from the reality that you won't leave
    • Apathetic Fan - you just don't give a **** anymore...you're not angry and you're not happy...you're not gonna root for another team but spending Sundays at IKEA with your wife/gf doesn't sound so bad anymore
    • Cautiously Optimistic Fan - yeah, you hate how things seem to be going but, dammit, this is your team and you enjoy seeing the positives amidst the negatives..every season is a new season
    • Homer Fan - you don't let other people's doom and gloom get in your way of enjoying following the Redskins...looking forward to free agency and the draft, baby! This will be our year!
    • Laughing Fan - you find the dysfunction of the team, the tabloid-ish takes by the media, and the hysteria of the fanbase entertaining....you just grab some popcorn, sit back, and take it all in
    • Al Davis Fan - just win, baby...don't care about anything else but that. If we're not winning, I'm pissed. If we are winning, I'm good. Just win. Period.

Curious as to how everyone is deciding to handle being a Redskins fan right now.

Angry Fan

giphy.gif

Depressed Fan

giphy.gif

Self-Loathing Fan

giphy.gif

Apathetic Fan

giphy.gif

Cautiously-optimistic Fan

giphy.gif

Homer Fan

giphy.gif

Laughing Fan

giphy.gif

Al Davis Fan

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Cautiously Optimistic. Mostly because I don't see the point in speculating and complaining about things that no one (including media) are privy to. But also bc I don't personally believe fandom should be rooted more in anger toward certain figures than love of the team itself. I've always told myself that if I get to that point I just will give them up altogether. But apathy has also began to set in, I don't get nearly as worked up as I used to over losses. Kind of used to the Skins disappointing me, but will always get myself up for the next year because for better or worse this is my team and will always tell myself there's a chance.

• Like 2

I was expecting a poll of different alcohols and drugs (prescription and other).  

Of course the last option of the proposed poll would have 'All of the above', which would win by a land slide. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I was expecting a poll of different alcohols and drugs (prescription and other).  

looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-qu

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I guess I’m a mix of homer and cautiously optimistic. I stay a fan knowing that one year before I die (hopefully), things will go our way and we’ll get our franchise QB (Tua, Fromm, Lawrence????) and get that super bowl win, and when it happens, it will feel SOOOO sweet. I’ve been waiting since 2005, and i deserve to see a super bowl and party my butt off the whole month to celebrate :D 

yall better pray for my liver when that happens 😂😂😂 heck I’ll even party with anyone from extremeskins all month when we win the super bowl🤷🏻‍♂️

If I learned anything form Lisa Simpson, its that the Chineese use the same word for crisis and oppurunity.  Given the state we are in with Alex Smith's injury, perhaps this gives us the oppurnity to finally do a tear down.  We are in a tough spot, so if we have a losing record the Fans will understand, which takes the pressure off Bruce to "win now".

Come on Bruce.  Do the right thing.  Lets blow this up, take the bad year and rebuild.  The cowboys went 1-15 but that led to the triplets (Players and trophys).  The browns went from the laughing stock to competitive in one year, and potentially a threat to take their division next season.  It's doable, but we have to be brave.  A brave on the warpath!

giphy.gif

Edited by hatchetwound
  • Like 1

I'm a Rams fan, just so it will humiliate the FO to know they had the next Gibbs in the building and let him walk so they could hang on to Norvo Part Deux.

• Like 3

I don't like categorizing my fandom, its not that simple. 

They remind me of concept of home considering I moved too much to have hometown or childhood friends.  They remind me of my dad for our chance no matter what is going in have this to talk about.  This supposed to be a distraction, I demand winning because that what they are supposed to do and it's good for the area I'm from and live in.  Redskins leave and another franchise takes their place, odds are dad and I will root for them instead.

I don't demand winning as part of being a fan, that not why I'm here.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

I'm a combination of depressed/apathetic/homer.  More homer than anything, I will cheer hard for them until I die. Can't just cut them off, they've been a part of my life for so long.

I'm mostly apathetic, but I am probably a little bit of all of those  (except homer) every separate day of the week.

I haven't been a homer though since Griffins knee died in 2012. And before that, everything in life leading up to MNF vs the Steelers in 2008.

53 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Coulda just said the 6th option :P 

I started and autocorrect just decided to go with 15-0..soooo

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I started and autocorrect just decided to go with 15-0..soooo

I guess that means the messageboard knows you 😂

• Haha 1

I picked cautiously optimistic for 2020. This year? forget it, but maybe the plan is to beat out the Dolphins for the Tank for Tua campaign. How can that possibly fail with Allen still onboard. In any case... no buying Redskins anything until Allen is gone.

Edited by BleedBNG

So i went over the as hard as this might seem to believe forum rules and didn't notice a rule prohibiting 1 to post their address.. so am I allowed to post my home address on here?

There is nothing this team can do that would make me care at all right now outside of Snyder selling the team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So i went over the as hard as this might seem to believe forum rules and didn't notice a rule prohibiting 1 to post their address.. so am I allowed to post my home address on here?

Sure! As long as you’re ok with me showing up at 3 AM looking for someone to get drunk with me 😁

22 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Uhhh, somewhere in Idaho?

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure! As long as you’re ok with me showing up at 3 AM looking for someone to get drunk with me 😁

Hail ya I am...lol

20 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Uhhh, somewhere in Idaho?

793 j st#2 Idaho falls Id 83402.. feel free to mail me any and all unwanted Redskins memorabilia and when you want it back I'll send it back to you lol

Edited by bakedtater1
Add content
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

hi. ;)

Is that you parked out front of the place looking in here? Lol

• Haha 1