Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?

How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. How are you choosing to be a Redskins fan right now?

• Angry Fan - you're livid and are actively involved in finding ways to let Snyder know how unacceptable this all is to you and many others...#firebruceallen #burnitalltothegroud
    • Depressed Fan - you're angry but more than that, you're just too drained emotionally to do anything about it...you're likely to hang out in the Tailgate for the forseeable future
    • Self-loathing Fan - you hate Snyder, hate the coaches, hate a lot of the players, but mostly hate yourself for still hanging on...you praise the Cowboys to deflect from the reality that you won't leave
    • Apathetic Fan - you just don't give a **** anymore...you're not angry and you're not happy...you're not gonna root for another team but spending Sundays at IKEA with your wife/gf doesn't sound so bad anymore
    • Cautiously Optimistic Fan - yeah, you hate how things seem to be going but, dammit, this is your team and you enjoy seeing the positives amidst the negatives..every season is a new season
    • Homer Fan - you don't let other people's doom and gloom get in your way of enjoying following the Redskins...looking forward to free agency and the draft, baby! This will be our year!
    • Laughing Fan - you find the dysfunction of the team, the tabloid-ish takes by the media, and the hysteria of the fanbase entertaining....you just grab some popcorn, sit back, and take it all in
    • Al Davis Fan - just win, baby...don't care about anything else but that. If we're not winning, I'm pissed. If we are winning, I'm good. Just win. Period.

Cautiously Optimistic. Mostly because I don't see the point in speculating and complaining about things that no one (including media) are privy to. But also bc I don't personally believe fandom should be rooted more in anger toward certain figures than love of the team itself. I've always told myself that if I get to that point I just will give them up altogether. But apathy has also began to set in, I don't get nearly as worked up as I used to over losses. Kind of used to the Skins disappointing me, but will always get myself up for the next year because for better or worse this is my team and will always tell myself there's a chance.

I guess I’m a mix of homer and cautiously optimistic. I stay a fan knowing that one year before I die (hopefully), things will go our way and we’ll get our franchise QB (Tua, Fromm, Lawrence????) and get that super bowl win, and when it happens, it will feel SOOOO sweet. I’ve been waiting since 2005, and i deserve to see a super bowl and party my butt off the whole month to celebrate :D 

yall better pray for my liver when that happens 😂😂😂 heck I’ll even party with anyone from extremeskins all month when we win the super bowl🤷🏻‍♂️

If I learned anything form Lisa Simpson, its that the Chineese use the same word for crisis and oppurunity.  Given the state we are in with Alex Smith's injury, perhaps this gives us the oppurnity to finally do a tear down.  We are in a tough spot, so if we have a losing record the Fans will understand, which takes the pressure off Bruce to "win now".

Come on Bruce.  Do the right thing.  Lets blow this up, take the bad year and rebuild.  The cowboys went 1-15 but that led to the triplets (Players and trophys).  The browns went from the laughing stock to competitive in one year, and potentially a threat to take their division next season.  It's doable, but we have to be brave.  A brave on the warpath!

giphy.gif

I don't like categorizing my fandom, its not that simple. 

They remind me of concept of home considering I moved too much to have hometown or childhood friends.  They remind me of my dad for our chance no matter what is going in have this to talk about.  This supposed to be a distraction, I demand winning because that what they are supposed to do and it's good for the area I'm from and live in.  Redskins leave and another franchise takes their place, odds are dad and I will root for them instead.

I don't demand winning as part of being a fan, that not why I'm here.

I picked cautiously optimistic for 2020. This year? forget it, but maybe the plan is to beat out the Dolphins for the Tank for Tua campaign. How can that possibly fail with Allen still onboard. In any case... no buying Redskins anything until Allen is gone.

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So i went over the as hard as this might seem to believe forum rules and didn't notice a rule prohibiting 1 to post their address.. so am I allowed to post my home address on here?

Sure! As long as you’re ok with me showing up at 3 AM looking for someone to get drunk with me 😁

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure! As long as you’re ok with me showing up at 3 AM looking for someone to get drunk with me 😁

Hail ya I am...lol

20 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Uhhh, somewhere in Idaho?

793 j st#2 Idaho falls Id 83402.. feel free to mail me any and all unwanted Redskins memorabilia and when you want it back I'll send it back to you lol

Archived