Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching the NFL playoffs

Burgold

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The point of this thread really hits home the further the playoffs go on.  

For Dan and Bruce to watch these games and actually think “but if not for the injuries”...

It really makes me wonder if either one of them actually believes that they are anywhere in the vicinity of ever playing one of these games.   I realize they are hacks in their profession, but I find it very hard to believe that they are so delusional that they really believe what they’ve put together even at its very best and fully healthy is remotely close.

Dan is comfortable with Bruce.  Bruce is comfortable with Jay.  Everybody gets along. Nobody rocks the boat.  

As as long as everyone is comfortable and they can say “we’re trying hard but just unlucky” nothing will change.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

**** you Patriots **** YOU!!. absolutely ****ing hate seeing the ****riots in the Superbowl AGAIN.. ****ING LAME!!.there gonna kill the Rams too...45-13 good luck youngster..you'll need it against those **** heads I hate so ****ing much ahhhh I'm so pissed about this...I'll watch at least this year...go Rams...here's for you uncle Dennis..R.I.P

But do you think he actually gets cable on that yacht?

In his IMAX theatre? Probably. 

I don't really get the hate for the Patriots.  They're in the AFC, aka the conference I don't really care about.  If this was Dallas being this good for this long, I'd probably feel differently, but probably partially out of jealousy that the Redskins can't be that good.  I'm sure the Dolphins fans are sick of them.

I get people that are tired of them, that's fine.  But to see a team sustain excellence for the number of years they have in a league where the deck is stacked against you in order to be that good for that long, it's amazing.  I like seeing teams dominate, I like seeing sustained excellence, I like being able to say I saw someone like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods or Tom Brady take on all comers for years and years.  

I'm not rooting for them (go McVay!) but if they win I won't hate it.  

What a great Sunday of football, 2 of the best championship games iv watched back to back in memory. Brady is unreal but whats even more unreal is the consistency with which the Pats organization has kept this well oiled machine rolling for so many years. Its pretty cool we are all alive to witness the history that the Patriots are writing, This is like someone who got to witness the Celtics domination in the 50's and 60's .

I often find myself cheering for the pats in post season scenarios. 1 . because everyone i know and sports radio/media always seem to be rooting against them waiting for their fall from grace and 2. because the Patriots organization is everything the Redskins under Dan Snyder will never be. For a Sunday or 2 its nice to see/be a fan of a world class organization. 

I think this superbowl we are ALL Rams fans, for 2 reasons.  First, because they are playing the Patriots, and second, because think of how much its going to rub Snyder to see McVey win the superbowl.  To see the coach that he kept Jeff Fischer-Gruden for win it only 2 years later.  To know that despite him being in house for 7 years, that his buddy Allen didnt see anything in to try and keep, maybe because he spent too much time in the mirror practicing saying "Kirk" wrong.  Snyder will be absolutely livid and probably drink himself into a stupor of the Rams win, and Allen will never do an interview again due to fear over "that question".

Looking past some poor officiating two items stuck out to me about yesterdays games:  1. The Pats Oline which is made up of mid and late rounds picks kept Brady clean and cleared running lanes all game.  Just amazing. 2. The Rams and Saints game was filled with really strong, quick tackling.  If only the Redskins could have more of these traits. 

I am sick of the Patriots dynasty but their run has been incredible. All of the playoff records Brady has, I can't see them being touched.

It simply gets back to what football is all about. That is still which team blocks, tackles, runs, catches and throws the best and the hardest the longest usually wins. For a long time now, the Snyderskins do not measure up. The best thing would be for the owner to get on his new $100,000,000 yacht and go on a very extended cruise and leave his NFL team to someone else.

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I often find myself cheering for the pats in post season scenarios. 1 . because everyone i know and sports radio/media always seem to be rooting against them waiting for their fall from grace and 2. because the Patriots organization is everything the Redskins under Dan Snyder will never be. For a Sunday or 2 its nice to see/be a fan of a world class organization. 

And then you recall that Belichek was fired as head coach of the Browns.  And the Skins are the Browns of old.  Sigh

One simple thing about watching the Pats yesterday...…..when it is 3rd and long, the receiver (usually Edelman) that Brady is throwing too is always past the first-down marker. They are not relying on the guy breaking tackles or YAC. They know where they need to get to and are already there when they catch the ball. 

11 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

What a great Sunday of football, 2 of the best championship games iv watched back to back in memory. Brady is unreal but whats even more unreal is the consistency with which the Pats organization has kept this well oiled machine rolling for so many years. Its pretty cool we are all alive to witness the history that the Patriots are writing, This is like someone who got to witness the Celtics domination in the 50's and 60's .

Just curious, heard on tv that goat Brady threw the ball 90 times in the 2 playoff games and he had zero sacks and 3 hurries out of 90 attempts. That is 5 linemen blocking 450 times without a sack or holding call by line not made up of all pros but by average drafted players against a team that led the league in sacks. Think the Pats are just lucky or did the refs overlook some holding calls?

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

That is 5 linemen blocking 450 times without a sack or holding call  Think the Pats are just lucky or did the refs overlook some holding calls?

Two words for ya Bill Belicheck..no one likes playing there because of how miserable it is to play for Bill...till they win a ring, than it ain't so bad.

12 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I am sick of the Patriots dynasty but their run has been incredible. All of the playoff records Brady has, I can't see them being touched.

Not sure what happened but I personally think they're playing better now(yesterday and divisional game)than any point in there undefeated season...

On 1/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't really get the hate for the Patriots.  They're in the AFC, aka the conference I don't really care about.  If this was Dallas being this good for this long, I'd probably feel differently, but probably partially out of jealousy that the Redskins can't be that good.  I'm sure the Dolphins fans are sick of them.

I get people that are tired of them, that's fine.  But to see a team sustain excellence for the number of years they have in a league where the deck is stacked against you in order to be that good for that long, it's amazing.  I like seeing teams dominate, I like seeing sustained excellence, I like being able to say I saw someone like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods or Tom Brady take on all comers for years and years.  

I'm not rooting for them (go McVay!) but if they win I won't hate it.  

I agree completely about the Patriots. I admire them and actually usually prefer that they keep winning over some of the upstart teams they face. There's something cool about the fact that they just keep piling up Super Bowl appearances while league MVPs and hot rookies run into their buzzsaw. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I agree completely about the Patriots. I admire them and actually usually prefer that they keep winning over some of the upstart teams they face. There's something cool about the fact that they just keep piling up Super Bowl appearances while league MVPs and hot rookies run into their buzzsaw. 

Yes.  And Brady at age 41, still playing out of his mind.  Bellichick, who's been in the league since the 70s, still schooling newcomers left and right.

I am rooting for the Rams and McVay, but I'd appreciate Bellichick schooling the young upstart, pulling off a Miyagi move in the closing minutes to seal the deal.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yes.  And Brady at age 41, still playing out of his mind.  Bellichick, who's been in the league since the 70s, still schooling newcomers left and right.

I am rooting for the Rams and McVay, but I'd appreciate Bellichick schooling the young upstart, pulling off a Miyagi move in the closing minutes to seal the deal.

Exactly - I was telling my friends this past weekend that I couldn't see a Chiefs win. 

Brady and Belichick vs. a first-time QB (as talented as he is) and a playoff choking coach. I'm actually surprised it took OT. When the Patriots were one yard away from making it 14-0 before the Brady interception the game had gone exactly as I thought it would...methodical and sustained drives bleeding the clock and ending in TDs. 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:40 AM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

18 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Just curious, heard on tv that goat Brady threw the ball 90 times in the 2 playoff games and he had zero sacks and 3 hurries out of 90 attempts. That is 5 linemen blocking 450 times without a sack or holding call by line not made up of all pros but by average drafted players against a team that led the league in sacks. Think the Pats are just lucky or did the refs overlook some holding calls?

Not sure how your question is relevant to what I said or why you are asking me what your asking but since i have a hour to kill on E.S. , Sure why not....

I'm sure the refs overlooked missed some calls just as they do in any game for every team, I mean hell If you are looking for a juicy conspiracy theory from Sunday lets talk about that missed P.I. in the Saints game. Having a relocated franchise in a huge market like L.A. make the Super Bowl a year before their mega stadium opens is just to juicy for the NFL to pass up. But I'm not one for tin foil hat conspiracies so I'll let you decide since you think the Pats had the refs on the payroll.....

As far as you bewilderment as to how the Pats could have a group of "Average lineman" have such a fantastic performance its called COACHING and being prepared its what a professional origination does in big games (Your 50? What round was Joe Jacoby drafted in ? thought so). See that's the thing our fanbase just can 't comprehend , a average joe drafted late round or not drafted at all actually being a solid pro. Ever see one someone on these forums suggests a back up get a shot over a failing starter ? The self proclaimed guru's on this board come out of the wood work to start chanting cult of Colt. We are as pathetic as the people actually running this team. Its a toxic mindset from the top all the way down to the fans.

O by the way, Brady 's a pretty good QB , Getting rid of the ball is what good quarterbacks do.... Also when you are running the ball the way the pats were....ah hell im not going to explain the fundamentals of the game to you.

Some of these lawyers are just plain stupid, nothing more than headline seekers. Yeah, a court's gonna hear this case and rule on it before 03 February, so the Saints, if they win, will have time to prepare for the SB. Come on, man. Bad calls, no calls.....it's been the theme of a particularly bad year (once again) for NFL officiating. None of the other games were played over; this one ain't gonna be either.

But to this theme of watching the playoffs, I'd love to see what kind of defense Richie Petitbon would cook up to stop some of these offenses. I'm not a bettin' man, but if I were, I'd be willing to drop a few cabbage leaves on Petitbon coming up with something beautiful.

So what the nation wants is to watch good football they love seeing a team play great so that's why the Patriots are so loved because they win..but I'm tired of it, have been scince 2007..I always watch the playoffs..from wild card weekend to championship Sunday but since before 2007 I automatically know the Patriots will be in the Superbowl so as of the last few years once championship Sunday ends and the Patriots are on there way to yet another SuperBowl I start finding something else to do on Superbowl sundy because I refuse to give any of my time to the Patriots.

And we all know the Rams don't stand a chance..I originally went 45-13 Patriots but my good friend convinced me the Rams might get some TD's in garbage time..so maybe something like 41-22.

I admittedly like to watch the Patriots greatness. I am a huge fan of Belichek. I am rooting hard for the Patriots in the Super Bowl. 

It's nice to see other teams only be good for 2 or 3 yeas and see this juggernaut for 2 decades. I for one will miss it when it's gone

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I often fid myself cheering for the pats in post season scenarios. 1 . because everyone i know and sports radio/media always seem to be rooting against them waiting for their fall from grace and 2. because the Patriots organization is everything the Redskins under Dan Snyder will never be. For a Sunday or 2 its nice to see/be a fan of a world class organization.  

I cheer so hard for the patriots during all those damn afc championship games... its kinda like rooting for vader, but THERES A REASON HE IS VADER ya know?? like "LOOK AT THAT FRANCHISE TAHT CAN RUN ITSSELF!  LOOK AT THE QB!! LOOK AT THOSE SUSTAINED BLOCKS"

reminds me of what our team ISNT.  OK...now I'm sad...

Archived