Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per TMZ: Reuben Foster Cleared of Charges

OVCChairman

13 minutes ago, hailmary said:

goskins10 The bottom line is RF was cleared of all charges today in Tampa and "You" tried to spin that fact earlier and got called out for it. So IT was YOU who's"playing word games" my friend 🤪

Total bull****!!!  There is no difference between insufficient and not enough.  There is a total difference between insufficient meaning not enough vs. cleared meaning the evidence shows they are innocent. That was my point from the beginning - you made it into something else to try and change the narrative.

Again, he was not cleared - np matter how many times you try to make it that way. I am done with this.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Total bull****!!!  There is no difference between insufficient and not enough.  There is a total difference between insufficient meaning not enough vs. cleared meaning the evidence shows they are innocent. That was my point from the beginning - you made it into something else to try and change the narrative.

Again, he was not cleared - np matter how many times you try to make it that way. I am done with this.

He was cleared of any legal obligation from the incident.   Right?

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

goskins you said he wasn't cleared ....REALITY IS HE WAS :)

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

From many of the replies since the Foster claim happened, it seems clear that a lot of posters have been fortunate enough to have not dealt with domestic violence in their lives. Congrats. But if you're crowing about how "she admitting to lying" about the abuse, you should make yourself aware of how sadly and frustratingly typical it is for a woman to say such a thing to protect an abusive partner. It's a syndrome virtually all battered women go through. Again, if you haven't experienced this with women you know, you're lucky. But that doesn't change the fact that a woman claiming to have made up her abuse allegations is extremely common.

You want to know what is definitively NOT common? For an innocent man to continually get back together with a woman who "lied to extort money from him" in court, jeopardizing his career and freedom. It's not just a little case of "bad judgement" people want to dismiss it a. It is, at best, highly suspicious if you choose to believe he's an innocent man who's being victimized by a lying ex.

If you can manage to convince yourself to take her "I lied to hurt him" claim at face value and not wonder at Foster (with other criminal history, btw) not acting like the victim you suppose him, you may want to ask yourself what side of this issue you have chosen to be on. Or if you just don't care, because you want to see one of the parties play football.

But she did the same abuse thing with her previous boyfriend too. Don't tell me she just doesn't know how to pick the right guy. 

On May 17, 2018, under questioning from Foster’s attorney Joshua Bentley, Elissa Ennis admitted to attempting to get a previous boyfriend arrested for domestic violence in 2011 in an extortion scheme. She testified at the Santa Clara Hall of Justice.

https://everipedia.org/wiki/lang_en/elissa-ennis/

I know for a fact when you are 23 years old and in love you tend to do things that you wouldn't do when you are 30 something. Been there done that (minus the domestic abuse stuff though). I have never risen my hand on a woman (even though my ex-wife one time kicked and slammed me into the wall because we got into an argument over some stupid roommates ****). Guys get abused/battered/taken advantage of too. Just saying. 

26 minutes ago, hailmary said:

NO our country proceeds with INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY :) Unfortunately this is not the case more often in this country?

Domestic violence is a tricky one because if we want women to feel comfortable coming to the police, we cannot ask them to do so in the face of having every single person they interview doubt them and desperately look for holes. It's humiliating, scary and challenging enough. Yes, some women lie. I don't think there is a shred of evidence beyond anecdotes that that exceeds the amount of women who are telling the truth.

Am I arguing for everyone accused to face consequences off the bat without proper investigation, absolutely not. Of course not. But I also am not going to assume every accuser is a lying gold digger, which it seems a lot of men still do in 2018 because of the press that relatively isolated cases get where women lie purposefully. And that leaves me in between in a random void where there is no good answer, which is often the case in life.

It's basically the only crime where this conundrum exists.

3 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Domestic violence is a tricky one because if we want women to feel comfortable coming to the police, we cannot ask them to do so in the face of having every single person they interview doubt them and desperately look for holes. It's humiliating, scary and challenging enough. Yes, some women lie. I don't think there is a shred of evidence beyond anecdotes that that exceeds the amount of women who are telling the truth.

Am I arguing for everyone accused to face consequences off the bat without proper investigation, absolutely not. Of course not. But I also am not going to assume every accuser is a lying gold digger, which it seems a lot of men still do in 2018 because of the press that relatively isolated cases get where women lie purposefully. And that leaves me in between in a random void where there is no good answer, which is often the case in life.

I agree but we can't forget our rights and we must stand by them. Unfortunately we as a Nation are losing touch on our Constitutional rights with which our Nation was built upon.

1 hour ago, Darc Requiem said:

Even if they suspend him, he's already served his time this season.

It doesn’t work that way.  Foster’s still getting paid being on the exempt list.

Greg Hardy missed 15 games while being on the exempt list before the league hit him with a 10 game suspension the following season for his DV issue.  It was dropped to 4 games after an appeal with an arbitrator.  

The NFL will still investigate Foster regardless of the Tampa prosecutor dropping the charge.  If they think there’s evidence he did it they can suspend him, without pay, for games next year.  

I wonder what kind of grades Foster had at Alabama. I know this a little off topic, but it has been written here he's probably not the brightest bulb.

The reason I segway is more around the paid player debate. I'd be shocked if Rueben Foster could pass the college level courses at Alabama based on everything reported about his character. His behaviors just doesn't lend to that of an educated individual. 

So, if we were to assume Alabama was simply floating him along till he got his million dollar payday NFL contract, than in fact that is like getting paid to play. Rueben Foster likely would have trouble holding an entry level position anywhere in America based on his past behaviors. The fact that Alabama, in all likelihood, simply gave him exemption from any educational requirements to reach his professional position and earned income is indeed a payment of sorts. If they held him to educational standards that he couldn't meet and he was forced to play at a JuCo, his draft status certainly would suffer as obviously would his financial worth.

A bit off topic but I wanted to use him as an example that college athletes receive benefits that certainly translate into future financial gains by playing in college. Further, I'm sure many of them don't even belong in the colleges they attend. 

Not hard to imagine even now. But we know this kind of privilege existed, as our own Dexter Manley couldn't read yet still attended Ok St. and was academically eligible to play. Surely somebody knew he had some 'deficiencies'. 

11 hours ago, Morneblade said:

I'm not even sure how I feel about this. I suppose it really won't matter though. He's likely to get arrested for the same thing before the season starts. And no, I don't think he'll wise up and figure this out. Now he's even more entitled and will expect that he can get away with just about anything.

The me too movement is fierce.

44 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I wonder what kind of grades Foster had at Alabama. I know this a little off topic, but it has been written here he's probably not the brightest bulb.

The reason I segway is more around the paid player debate. I'd be shocked if Rueben Foster could pass the college level courses at Alabama based on everything reported about his character. His behaviors just doesn't lend to that of an educated individual. 

So, if we were to assume Alabama was simply floating him along till he got his million dollar payday NFL contract, than in fact that is like getting paid to play. Rueben Foster likely would have trouble holding an entry level position anywhere in America based on his past behaviors. The fact that Alabama, in all likelihood, simply gave him exemption from any educational requirements to reach his professional position and earned income is indeed a payment of sorts. If they held him to educational standards that he couldn't meet and he was forced to play at a JuCo, his draft status certainly would suffer as obviously would his financial worth.

A bit off topic but I wanted to use him as an example that college athletes receive benefits that certainly translate into future financial gains by playing in college. Further, I'm sure many of them don't even belong in the colleges they attend. 

Not hard to imagine even now. But we know this kind of privilege existed, as our own Dexter Manley couldn't read yet still attended Ok St. and was academically eligible to play. Surely somebody knew he had some 'deficiencies'. 

So I suppose you're highly educated. Posting to a thread about a dumb rich dude. Ironic ain't it. Oops, I mean isn't it?

1 hour ago, hailmary said:

goskins you said he wasn't cleared ....REALITY IS HE WAS :)

Actually...

acquit. To acquit someone is to clear them of charges. Acquitting also has to do with how you carry or present yourself. If you're accused of a crime, then the best thing that can happen to you is being acquitted — that means you were cleared or exonerated of the charges. 

VS

If it was dismissed "WITH PREJUDICE", this means that you cannot be faced with charges based on the same incident. If it was dismissed "WITHOUT PREJUDICE", that means that the charges may be brought back up again at a later time.

j067r6jsbqgvezjcksee.jpg

1 hour ago, hailmary said:

I agree but we can't forget our rights and we must stand by them. Unfortunately we as a Nation are losing touch on our Constitutional rights with which our Nation was built upon.

Absolutely. But criminal convictions versus employment are different. 

From a fan perspective, we should not have grabbed him, especially without doing far more investigation .  It shows lack of judgement and stinks of desperation. 

But again, he also shows zero judgement in being anywhere near this woman.  Unless he has a major epiphany and straightens our hard and fast, he’s going to be far more trouble than he’s worth on the field. 

11 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Cleared of charges, or charges dropped by the accusser?  Because there is a massive difference between the two.  So far, we dont know if A. She was paid off, B. She made it up, C. Theres some truth to it, and the NFL will still suspend him like it did with Elliot.

The biggest issue though, really, is that if anyone seriously believes this is the last trouble this guy gets into, based on this past history, I've got a globulinium mine to sell you.

I don't necessarily want the globulinium mine, but judgemental people are rarely ever reasonable. They rarely have the facts, they often jump to conclusions and seem to have this uncanny ability to predict the future about people they hardly even know. TMZ and Wendy Williams loves these types of people.

Cleared sounds like it didn't happen. Which means the police wasted a trip to the house, TMZ made some money, SF lost a player for nothing and the Redskins picked up a player off waivers. Suspending would simply be another move by the NFL to protect the shield. Use the KISS method. It'll set you difficult folks free.

10 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Not from the incident in FLA, but the one in October

Here's my thing....I wonder if she's lying about lying and then she stopped lying about the first incident. It just seems if she tells the truth about the truth, all this would be cleared up. I was telling this to my therapist and he said.....

LW6Asg4.gif.f7eb229881cff32dbb8fe55910656942.gif

I know but still....

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Not a shred?   Hmm.   Generally it is reported between 2 and 10 percent of reported sexual assaults are proven false.   Let us say it is just 4 percent on average.   Four of 100 said to have done it are proven to not have.   Conversely, every 230 rape reports lead to 5 total convictions.   So, what, a hair over two percent are proven true.    These are real numbers.   Are you sure not a shred of evidence exists to show false reports happen more frequently than true ones?

14 hours ago, dyst said:

Still not sure why the NFL would suspend him if charges were dropped. I suppose it happened, but police just couldn't bring charges due to her prior lies.

Well Zeke was suspended even after he proved that the accusing ex-girlfriend was lying about everything.  After the law enforcement seen all the evidence that she was lying, they dropped the case.  Zeke still got suspended 6 games for something he didn't do.

Archived